It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This can not be a balloon, right? So what it can be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This vid is from 2010. I dont know if was posted before, but its intriguing to me.

If this were a balloon, the force of air displacement of the moving plane would cause a reaction far more powerful in the object in question. The turbulence seems to cause a minimal reaction in the object. What could this be? A drone, an UAV, some sort of craft? Seriously, I'm trying to find a plausible explanation for this.

The object appears to slow down the turbulence that the wind prints on its surface.
edit on 14-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the low resolution and complete lack of perspective means this video is no different than the majority of UFO videos out there. Meaning it is completely useless and does nothing but present itself in whatever manner the observer decides it should.

I see nothing in this video even worth messing with, sorry to say. How I long for the day when cameras are so cheap and plentiful that we will get video that is worth a crap to discuss....oh wait....that day has already come but yet we still have nothing but blurry bigfoot pictures. Wonder why?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
and why exactly this cant be a balloon? Oo

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It looks like a dot to me.

I would not mind to know what it is either, but being such a small black dot on the video, it really could be anything, but yes, it is probably not a balloon.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Perhaps because of the laws of physics?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

and exactly why? you cant even say if the "ball" is near or far from the plane?

maybe its just a dot on the lense..maybe its a balloon near to the cam and far away from the plane

maybe its just me..sorry than

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
reply to post by RUSSO

maybe its just a dot on the lense..maybe its a balloon near to the cam and far away from the plane

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Can you educate me on the laws of physics that you are able to intelligently apply to this video? I didn't think so.....remember, I said intelligently apply....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Does look like a weather balloon to me, I don't understand why you think it cant be? Its a fair distance from the aeroplane so there is no reason to think that it would be affected by the turbulence in any way. As the person filming the 'action' is below the aeroplane its clear that the Balloon is above the aeroplane (the Aeroplane is between the camera and the balloon)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Originally posted by angrydog
reply to post by RUSSO

ah..ok..well thats an answer

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I would not dare, by the time I'm on this site I already got "vaccinated" of some people around here. You will always use the digression to prove your point of view. Not worth the effort. You stay with your opinion and I'll keep mine.

edit on 14-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Does look like a weather balloon to me, I don't understand why you think it cant be? Its a fair distance from the aeroplane so there is no reason to think that it would be affected by the turbulence in any way.
A 2-D representation of 3-D space does little to describe the 3rd dimension. So objects which look close in 2D may be very far apart in 3D. Here's another example of that:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4233c433a22.jpg[/atsimg]
It's kind of like asking how this guy can hold the sun without burning his fingers.

In this picture the distance is 93 million miles. We have no way of knowing the distance between the plane and the balloon in the video, I'm sure it's less than 93 million miles, but on the other hand,there's no reason to assume they are close to each other.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Im going to be honest here and tell you i have no idea what this is. I guess it maybe could have bean tethered to an aircraft above? That would explain the moving back to the original spot. There is really no way to find out about if aliens and UFO's are real unless the government tells us something.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Versa
Does look like a weather balloon to me, I don't understand why you think it cant be? Its a fair distance from the aeroplane so there is no reason to think that it would be affected by the turbulence in any way.
A 2-D representation of 3-D space does little to describe the 3rd dimension. So objects which look close in 2D may be very far apart in 3D. Here's another example of that:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4233c433a22.jpg[/atsimg]
It's kind of like asking how this guy can hold the sun without burning his fingers.

In this picture the distance is 93 million miles. We have no way of knowing the distance between the plane and the balloon in the video, I'm sure it's less than 93 million miles, but on the other hand,there's no reason to assume they are close to each other.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

your reply makes it look like I believe this Balloon was a UFO, I just wanted to make it very clear I think this is a weather balloon that is far enough away from the aeroplane to not experience any turbulence.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yes we don't know distances from the object to the aeroplane it possibly could be hundreds of metres, it can't b a spot on the camera it moves when the camera doesn't. A balloon really people? Is that the best you can up with since when have you seen a balloon move like that? And I'm not saying what it is because I haven't got a clue, very interesting none the less

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It seems as if the object does momentarily get caught in the the vacuum of the airliner, then, for some strange reason, gets its dragging effect before it gets perfectly pushed away to actually ride the surface area disturbance as seen in most wind tunnels. Why the shape doesn't get altered from a cylindrical to an oblong, I have no idea, maybe the object has some rigidity factors that allows it to hold its shape, or other factors that are not privy to us.
For conversation sake, it is in all actuality a "UFO" at this time.
And by the way, right at the end of the event, it seems it does move faster away from the tail when it reaches the trailing point and into the exhaust area of the airliner. IMHO...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
How I long for the day when cameras are so cheap and plentiful that we will get video that is worth a crap to discuss....oh wait....that day has already come but yet we still have nothing but blurry bigfoot pictures.

Got to admit that annoys me too. We could really do with more people out there that have decent cameras, and that either have tripods with them or are actually able to hold the cameras still so we can get better pics/footage. And people here who have decent cameras but don't keep an eye out for UFO's really should. Not sure if mine's broken or not, but getting more batteries over the next couple of days and if it works will start looking out for them too. It's about time I saw a UFO, and if I do I'd better get a pic or some footage.

And if I do and it's blurry bigfoot quality will be seriously annoyed.
edit on 14-1-2011 by JoseChung because: added

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
This vid is from 2010. I dont know if was posted before, but its intriguing to me.

If this were a balloon, the force of air displacement of the moving plane would cause a reaction far more powerful in the object in question.

Its a balloon - tell me what has the man who is speaking on the video ever done to bring about disclosure to the people?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You aren't looking for us to debunk how this video was made.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

I was agreeing with you. Sorry if you misunderstood.

<<   2 >>

join