It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa warns solar flare will cause devastation.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
One thing humanity cannot control is/are things beyond Earth's boundaries....The Sun the most powerful object in our solar system cannot be touched. Preparations must be done but other than that we can only hope to containt such devastation because we sure as hell cannot prevent it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Has anyone thought about the possiblity of it getting hot on the surface of the earth if the ionosphere has been damaged or compromised by HAARP experiments and the sun happens to spew a large CME? Won't matter if this happens anyway because we'll all be toast!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Old news, they have been warning about this for awhile now.

They said it is going to be 20 times harder than previously expected.

Last time this happened was 1859, and it KOed the telegraph network. The issue...Y2K was too successful, it stomped out any major events, so people are ultimately uncaring about this very real issue about to hit us.

Good luck, keep a solar panel handy to get some electricity to boil water

You want a true internet kill switch...your about to see it.
edit on 15-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The first article is from back in June of last year.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Blimey!

I hope I still have my old battery operated Tamagotchi around somewhere, I'll need some form of entertainment other than playing hide n' seek in the dark!

edit on 15/12/11 by Trapt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

The ionosphere doesn’t really do much. The magnetosphere is what primarily blocks the solar winds. That is the whole basis behind geomagnetic induced currents. The magnetic lines of force come out the bottom of the planet, travel through space in a big circle and come back into the top of the planet. When a CME hits the outer magnetosphere and pushes it around. The magnetic field gets pushed around where it passes through the earth’s crust. When you have a magnetic field moving through a conductor, you get current/voltage.

When a CME hits, it may get past the magnetosphere, and hit the upper atmosphere. The ionization of the upper atmosphere does not affect how it blocks the CME. It’s blocking action comes from shear mass of air that the charged Particles hit. It dissipates the energy. That is what creates the aural lights. The denser the charged particles, the deeper it may get into the atmosphere.

If enough mass and energy hit us to actually heat the lower atmosphere, we would be in bad trouble no mater what anyone done. An ionosphere would be wiped away like it wasn’t even there, irrelevant of any HAARP this, or HAARP that.

I think the radiation would get us before the heat did.

edit on 15-1-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trapt

Blimey!

I hope I still have my old battery operated Tamagotchi around somewhere, I'll need some form of entertainment other than playing hide n' seek in the dark!

You know what the kicker is, There is a whole section on ATS devoted to 2012. Now, in that area, you will find all sorts of crazy, from Nibiru, to galactic core alignments making us ascend, to false flag alien invasions, to real alien invasions, to etc...

All of them laughable...however, the -actual- threat of late 12, early 13 is all but unheard...you got cosmologists slamming their fists on the table stating the sun is going to kick our ass for years now and its all but ignored.

Hopefully as we come closer and closer to the sun's peak cycle, people will start paying attention to the scientists, if not, oh well...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Yeah, a lot of people like to turn a blind eye to the truth.

Still, the sun was here a hell of a lot before any of us, and will be around long after were gone. If the powers that be aren't doing anything about it then all that we citizens can do is go with the flow and see where it takes us.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It amazes me how tptb keep coming up with new stuff to keep the masses in
a constant state of fear.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

What they fail to mention, is that by the time this wave comes, we will each be too busy navigating the Astral realms to even care.

There's more than an electrical inconvenience coming our way. Better get ready.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

What they fail to mention, is that by the time this wave comes, we will each be too busy navigating the Astral realms to even care.

There's more than an electrical inconvenience coming our way. Better get ready.

Any meaning behind that...you saying before that, we will all die or something?

Or are you just being kooky?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
It amazes me how tptb keep coming up with new stuff to keep the masses in
a constant state of fear.

Naa, not to worry mate, TPTB are keeping this low key. its barely getting any actual press, politicians aren't discussing it, etc...

So, I guess we can thank them for not having us prepare for this upcoming activity...enjoy the darkness, have some candles at the ready.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

i hope it happens, there are too many spoiled babies on this planet, time for a rude awakening! COME ON SUN!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

i hope it happens, there are too many spoiled babies on this planet, time for a rude awakening! COME ON SUN!

I hope it only effects those whom hope it happens

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Trapt

Blimey!

You know what the kicker is, There is a whole section on ATS devoted to 2012. Now, in that area, you will find all sorts of crazy, from Nibiru, to galactic core alignments making us ascend, to false flag alien invasions, to real alien invasions, to etc...

All of them laughable...however, the -actual- threat of late 12, early 13 is all but unheard...you got cosmologists slamming their fists on the table stating the sun is going to kick our ass for years now and its all but ignored.

Hopefully as we come closer and closer to the sun's peak cycle, people will start paying attention to the scientists, if not, oh well...

Exactly! Isn't it shocking/amazing how little this is being discussed, when it is a very real possibility, yet people speculate on the 'what ifs' rather than preparing for what Nasa confirm.
I still can't believe how little people know about this.

Many people have said in this thread, ''oh this is old news'' but from what I can see, not everyone know about it, let alone on this forum, but I bet you anything, the majority of the general public have no idea at all.

Let's just hope this gets a lot more reporting in the next year or so.

Frankly, I think this could happen any time between now and 2014.. someone in this thread stated that there is a 2 and half year slot on either side, where it could happen.
Nasa did only state that it would be around 2013.

No fear mongering here, but I would prepare.

Damn it! I wish this got into the mainstream news, so others could know whats coming too!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
wildeagle, i am an american and i see you are from Ireland, I've lived in Belfast for years and see and know lots of # that happened there as one would consider conspiracy. i have a few personal questions to ask but cant send a message cause i havn't made enough posts on here yet cause i dont make post after post unless it needs to be said, drop me a line at [email protected] sometime. and for the rest of you.

yes something is going to happen. when, really we dont know a date or a time. stuff has been going on for years and mobile phones and other satellite's have been effected. maybe in the next few years we will get a huge outburst and will mess up half the world or the whole world. we'll never know till the time comes. and if it does then make sure we are all ready for this.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Everything relies on electronics.

Such a solar flare will be a big disaster like we haven't experienced before. Systems aren't in place to cope with such an event.

Just think, shops only supply three days worth of food A scarey thought.

Dear JonoEnglish,
That is why living in the countryside, having a knowledge of trapping and skinning animals, as well as a shotgun and plenty of ammunition is highly recommended.

I'll be eating well, while the townies are beating each other over a loaf of bread.

Regards,
T

No offense, but just because you live in the country doesn't mean you're automatically safe. Yea I bet you know how to hunt rabbit deer and elk. Guess what? Some of us "city slickers" managed to pick that up too. In fact, while you dream about your post-apocolyptic end of the world scenario where you and Jim Bob get to kill rabbits for fun all day, you may realize you NEED city slickers to provide. Here's some examples:

Doctors, nurses, major medical staff right after the emergency. I bet the 8-5 urgent care inpatient hospital in podunk doesn't have the type of resources to keep your people alive.

Biochemists, people who know how to manufacture life saving drugs. Most biochemists, I would venture to say live in larger cities until the SHTF.

How about architects, people who can re-activate deactivated utilities in your area? Many people who work on power lines, sewage , water etc live in larger cities and are based around them. Guess you don't need buildings to manufacture things, clean water, and a way to dispose of your poop before it makes everyone sick.

And I guess it wouldn't hurt to have engineers (mostly big city people) who might even be able to get your local power plant working (especially if it's nuclear). I know you're all excited to swear off all tech, but I guarentee you about 45 minutes after the SHTF you'll be screaming WHY CAN'T I GET INTO ATS!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

No offense, but just because you live in the country doesn't mean you're automatically safe. Yea I bet you know how to hunt rabbit deer and elk. Guess what? Some of us "city slickers" managed to pick that up too. In fact, while you dream about your post-apocolyptic end of the world scenario where you and Jim Bob get to kill rabbits for fun all day, you may realize you NEED city slickers to provide. Here's some examples:

Doctors, nurses, major medical staff right after the emergency. I bet the 8-5 urgent care inpatient hospital in podunk doesn't have the type of resources to keep your people alive.

Biochemists, people who know how to manufacture life saving drugs. Most biochemists, I would venture to say live in larger cities until the SHTF.

How about architects, people who can re-activate deactivated utilities in your area? Many people who work on power lines, sewage , water etc live in larger cities and are based around them. Guess you don't need buildings to manufacture things, clean water, and a way to dispose of your poop before it makes everyone sick.

And I guess it wouldn't hurt to have engineers (mostly big city people) who might even be able to get your local power plant working (especially if it's nuclear). I know you're all excited to swear off all tech, but I guarentee you about 45 minutes after the SHTF you'll be screaming WHY CAN'T I GET INTO ATS!!!

I agree with you there I think alot of people dont look at the bigger picture when it comes to things like this, yes I can see why people get excited by the prospect of living off the land but the truth is in reality it would be awful for everyone!, technology provides us with really basic things which we all probably take for granted and although everything going caput sounds fun for a minute I bet panic would soon set in..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
reply to post by Anttyk47

Why would you wish this to happen? It would be devastating!

I understand it would be an experience, but one I would prefer not to have!
edit on 14-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: Made an oopsie!

We just have to imagine 6+ billion people without EVERYTHING we're used to having such as hot water, refrigerators for food, production of medicine, hospitals, etc. Millions of people in cities doing whatever they have to do to survive. That's a horrid picture and I'd think twice before wishing this on the world. Yes, when I was a kid, a brief power outage would be fun, but if that goes on for long we'll all suffer irreparably. Humanity has worked, thought and invented our way out of the caves and I'd like to keep it that way.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle

Originally posted by ypperst
Haven't they warned about this for some time ago?

Or is it me who is lost?

Oh, I don't know, this is the first I heard of it... apologies if this is old news!

They have been saying this for years now at NASA, but always good to repeat it seeing as most people don't even want to take the time in knowing this.
So thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join