It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress quietly prepares to renew Patriot Act

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

you gotta love their headline banner at the top of the webpage " STOP THE ATTACK ON GOVERNMENT"

Ha, and when they will stop to attack us?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
All 300 million Americans could march in circles around every state capital for a month straight while refusing to work and Congress would still renew and pass the Patriot Act with near unanimous support.

They hate our freedoms.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
All 300 million Americans could march in circles around every state capital for a month straight while refusing to work and Congress would still renew and pass the Patriot Act with near unanimous support.

They hate our freedoms.

Not unanimous, I think Ron Paul will vote against this.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Paul and a couple other legit congress-peoples are why I said “near” unanimous. :-p

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
What if this act was used to help stabilise the economy, resolve 9/11 and target corruption through out the top end of town. Would this change your support for it?

NO
cuz it is NOT morally correct for one to break laws
to catch someone else breaking laws. You are just as
guilty as they are and you have taken away fundamental
rights in the process.

The Patriot Act was one of the worst things to happen
to America after the creation of the Federal Reserve.
After that I would say the creation of the CIA and then
the creation of DHS.

So those would be my 4 biggest gripes with the
US Gov.

1) The Patriot Act (based on a lie)
2) Federal Reserve Act (based on a lie)
3) Creation of the CIA (based on a lie)
4) Creation of DHS (based on a lie)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Ops, my mistake. I did not read this.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Creation of the CIA (based on a lie)

I really want more info about this...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Here is a link to stuff on the CIA www.bibliotecapleyades.net... . Basically they have a mandate to operate outside of the law except for any legislation that directly names them, which is not a lot, so they are 'above the law' in the eyes of the legal system. Sounds like it started from Majestic 12 and trying to keep the ET issues out of the spot light.

To boondock-saint, I agree that eavesdropping, kicking down doors and taking whatever you want without justification is it not a civilised way to resolve matters. When it comes to the problems with the economy and the deception behind 9/11 I am not sure any other methods will work. It is playing by their rules. I cannot see the corruption just putting up it hands and saying 'I give up, you got me', they are going to lie, cheat and steal all the way to the end. Maybe I am wrong, idk... I do know it is going to get heavy and take some common sense to get at these deeper issues. I also know there is a lot at stake if we are unable to fix some of the bigger systemic issues.

edit on 15-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added sentence about what is at stake

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just got an e-mail

Did you hear that the PATRIOT Act is up for renewal? No? You're not alone: Apparently US intelligence services can still keep a secret.
Since it was passed almost a decade ago, some of the most noxious portions of the PATRIOT Act have burrowed their way deep into our legal system. A year ago, President Obama signed a bill extending three provisions of the original PATRIOT Act; last week Congressman Mike Rogers (R-Michigan) introduced legislation to extend them again.

Will you click here, and urge your elected officials to oppose the re-authorization of the PATRIOT Act?

Will you click here, and urge your elected officials to oppose the re-authorization of the PATRIOT Act?
Together, the extended provisions make a mockery of our civil liberties: They let government officials spy on whomever they want, for any reason, without ever letting them know or giving them a chance to challenge the order in court.

Just click here and we'll send a message to your senator, representative, and President Obama.

Enough is enough: Will you join us in demanding that Congress finally let these provisions expire?
Just click here and we'll send a message to your senator, representative, and President Obama.
Thanks for joining us in the effort to reclaim Americans' civil liberties.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join