It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

750 Dead birds in South Africa - connected to the rest of the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
At first glance the news article describing the death of 750 African Grey parrots seems like a screw up by the airline...

Durban - More than 750 African Grey parrots worth about R2m died on a flight from Johannesburg to Durban.

The news has caused shock waves among conservationists, bird breeders and those involved in the aviation industry. The parrots died on December 24 on a flight operated by 1time.
Source

However, according to Hendrik Matthews the birds were healthy when they were loaded into the airplane.

According to Michael Saltz, Matthews' lawyer, the birds were healthy when they were loaded at O R Tambo airport for the one hour flight on 1time to Durban. All the requirements for the transport of living cargo were met.
When the crates were taken to Express Air Services' store and opened, only 10 of the birds were still alive, and an hour later only one had survived, said Boyes.
Source

It is suggested that the birds died from dioxide inhalation...

According to him there are indications that a lack of oxygen or dangerous gases could have caused the deaths of the birds.

However a small dog that travelled with the birds in the same cargo hold was perfectly healthy...

If this incident happened a year ago, we would have shrugged it off as a tragic accident. But seeing that similar events all over the globe are happening (although to wild animals) one can't help but wonder if there is a connection?

edit on 14-1-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I was just reading this story, and noticed how long it took to reach the news services.

My instinctive reaction was someone messed up ... with providing enough oxygen or something. But when compared with the other mass deaths at the same time now i'm not so sure. The News24 article states:

A small dog travelling in the same cargo hold was perfectly healthy upon arrival.
Saltz, however, said parrots from the same group in two crates which were transported by another airline were healthy.
According to him there are indications that a lack of oxygen or dangerous gases could have caused the deaths of the birds.

Since they weren't in the wild, i have difficulty linking these events, but certainly worth considering. Here's the google earth compilation of know animal deaths over that period.

maps.google.com...

EDIT to try fix link

edit on 14-1-2011 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ain't that something??

Call me perplexed.

You know those geo-magnetism theories sure are looking good right now for lack of anything better.

If this actually isn't a coincidence and turns out to somehow be connected to the rest of the events, we are facing quite an unprecedented and confusing predicament.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This is quite interesting as if it were linked it is one under different conditions which are controlled to an extent. I would have put it down to just an accident if the dog had not been on board and perfectly fine. This seems to rule out lack of oxygen and most harmful gasses as the dog would most likely have suffered also. A contagion could fit the bill easily for this one, but it would have to be very fast acting.

Interesting though!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

It might have been some kind of gases or lack of proper ventilation. A friend of mine has a cockatiel and she is always telling me how careful she has to be with her choice of cookware. She can't use certain kinds of nonstick cookware or her pet could keel over dead. This is not a concern for her dog or mine. So it's possible there was something in the air, possibly some exhaust or goodness knows what that is of danger to birds and not dogs. We can't rule that the official story out on the basis of the dog surviving, and I'm so glad he did, by the way. I love animals and all these deaths are so sad.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

All these dead birds are getting to the point of being ridiculous.
So far I have not heard anyone mention BIRD FLU...until this thread (link below)
Could this be some kind of psych-ops operation? Or the onset of a pandemic?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by Okandetre

It might have been some kind of gases or lack of proper ventilation. A friend of mine has a cockatiel and she is always telling me how careful she has to be with her choice of cookware. She can't use certain kinds of nonstick cookware or her pet could keel over dead. This is not a concern for her dog or mine. So it's possible there was something in the air, possibly some exhaust or goodness knows what that is of danger to birds and not dogs. We can't rule that the official story out on the basis of the dog surviving, and I'm so glad he did, by the way. I love animals and all these deaths are so sad.

Hmm yes you might be right, I know they are very sensitive. Either way it doesn't make it decided either way - will have to keep an eye for any updates I guess.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
its getting interesting.I'm sure there must be some connection

new topics

top topics

join