It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama official: MLK would love our wars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Obama official: MLK would love our wars

www.salon.co m

With Martin Luther King, Jr. Day right around the corner, attempts to misuse and/or whitewash his legacy are to be expected, particularly on the right. But this, from Defense Department General Counsel Jeh Johnson, is brazen even in the annals of misappropriations of King:

“I believe that if Dr. King were alive today, he would recognize that we live in a complicated world, and that our nation's military should not and cannot lay down its arms and leave the American people vulnerable to terrorist attack,” he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
LOL

The Obusha administration is becoming less and less distinguishable from the Dubya admin by the day...

The same type of endless propaganda and BS being spouted, as if they think the populace is STILL gargling their transparent kool-aid.

So now, one of the greatest PEACE ACTIVISTS in modern times would support your plundering and pillaging foreign debacles of death, to keep the Military Industrial Complex and war profiteers bathing in their riches?

These people are so shameless and pathetic it's embarassing.

MLK must be rolling over in his grave.

www.salon.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is what we are up against.

100% double think, history rewriting, outright lying, agenda driven megalomaniacs.

It's propaganda in it's purest form. Refined and very well treated, and dried to perfection.

This could very well possibly be one of the finest and most exquisite lies I have ever tasted.

Who came up with this? It's quite impressive.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Jeh Johnson is clearly a moron who needs to be smacked across the back of his head.

Of course, he's in the DoD. They would try to make Gandhi pro-war if they thought it would sell the war.

I can't help but notice that "Jeh Johnson" looks nothing like "Barack Obama." How exactly are you mistaking these two names?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Maybe next he'll use Ghandi as an example..

What will be sad is if the people buy this crap..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
MLK Jr was the one who taught me (through his writings) that if there is a draft forcing me to fight in some unjust irresponsible bloody war, I don't have to.

I can just go sit in jail. Where just and honest men go in a draft for a dishonest and injust war.

That's if they have the resources to go and hunt dodgers down, also.
I kinda doubt they have those kind of vast resources to enforce a draft.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Maybe next he'll use Ghandi as an example..

What will be sad is if the people buy this crap..

they will because prejudice and revenge, is fueling it in the backdrop.
just look at the current state of apartheid in south africa.
nothing changed, just the skin color of the people benefiting from apartheid.
who in the hell thought up that apartheid thing in the first place?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The sad thing is that people actually believe things like what Mr. Johnson said, or maybe they just take things at face value and and have a severe knowledge deficit.
Here's a short version of MLK's Viet-Nam speech.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
The sad thing is that people actually believe things like what Mr. Johnson said, or maybe they just take things at face value and and have a severe knowledge deficit.
Here's a short version of MLK's Viet-Nam speech.

A rather disturbing feature of our culture is our tendency to just press the mute button on any leaders of color, from our nation or others, and just pretend they're saying whatever we want them to say. King becomes pro-war. Gandhi becomes anti-resistance. Barack Obama becomes far-left, etc.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

"A nation who continues year after year, to spend more money on military defense, than on programs of social uplift, is approaching spiritual death."

Brilliant and haunting at the same time. That speech could literally be given today and be entirely just as accurate as when he delivered it. No wonder they made sure to silence him.

Yep, he would be cheering on your endless invasions alright.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

King becomes pro-war. Gandhi becomes anti-resistance. Barack Obama becomes far-left, etc.

Maybe in 30 years time we'll hear the new government is transparent and keeps it's promises,
just like Obama did...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

30 years? Buddy, we hear that from every administration. It's a campaign cliche.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
How did this guy get the Nobel Peace Prize again?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
How sad.. Rewriting history and dishonouring a great man along with all he stood for to justify their illegal / immoral wars... Hope he comes back and haunts them...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoseChung
How did this guy get the Nobel Peace Prize again?

Same as he became POTUS: lot's of charisma and lot's of BS. He was thought to bring peace to world. The world (or should I say the ones who determined he was worthy of that prize) were so wrong. He certainly bring hope, but it faded rapidly since then. And hope is very powerful and very needed, but it can sustain a politician only for so long, especially if he disappoints voters by not keeping campaign promises.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What I got out of that news piece was that the military is readjusting its sights on who the real terrorist are.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Hmmm...I wonder how he would feel about all the funding that goes into Israel and the lack of funding and straight up radification of Palestinians.

I'm pretty sure, like most Americans, he would say these are dark days for America

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

And here we see the commonality of idiocy between the right and the left. OTT Rhetoric has been used to fill the complete bankruptcy of political theory and ideology. I wonder when they will bring on the wet T-shirt competition as it is equally fatuous to political debate but may get a few more votes.

What tripe! I voted for Obama

edit on 14-1-2011 by tiger5 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Respected mr. King would puke to death if he heard this.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I can't help but notice that "Jeh Johnson" looks nothing like "Barack Obama." How exactly are you mistaking these two names?

Exactly. Of course the DoD is pro-war. What do you expect? But this man is not Obama. Obama is not King or God. He doesn't tell everyone what to say, nor does he shut up those in his administration with whom he disagrees. So before you (the OP) lay this on Obama (oops! Too late) you really should realize that there are a variety of people and powers in our government. Obama is just one. And a not-very-powerful one at that.

This Johnson guy is completely wrong and grasping at straws to justify these sickening wars. But he is himself. He is not Obama.
edit on 1/14/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join