It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief (or faith) itself hidden with a conspiracy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Some of y'all might find it interesting to see what Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Dr. Jacques Vallee, John Keel, Brad Steiger, Whitley Strieber, Allen Greenfield and many others have to say on the subject in this well-researched article:

UFOs & the Cult of ET: The Phantasmagorical Manipulation

Here's an unbiased article & great read from Fortean Times:

Flying Saucers From Hell

A larger list of quotes here.

"But the UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture."
- John Ankerberg,

The Facts on UFOs and Other Supernatural Phenomena, p. 10
"Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception."
- Dr. Jacques Vallee, Messengers of Deception, p. 20

"We are dealing with a multidimensional paraphysical phenomenon which is largely indigenous to planet earth."
- Brad Steiger, [cited in] Blue Book Files Released in Canadian UFO Report, Vol. 4, No. 4, 1977, p. 20
www.mt.net...

Peace Y'all! May our research lead us to truth.

edit on 14-1-2011 by The GUT because: linky fix

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh the irony!
One of the very very few threads about religion that even comes close to trying to put together some cinspiracy is not even in the conspiracy in religion board.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So many question....

If you can be abducted by invisible, secret aliens, without your consent or (sometimes knowledge) doesn't this negate "free will?" If we don't have free will how can we be redeemed?

If you truely have a personal living relationship with the "Lord Jesus Christ" why would he allow aliens to sneak up on you and abduct you? What if they hit you over the head with a laser beam lamp and knock you out before you have the chance to "call on him?"

Would Jesus protect you if you were being mugged? Would you tell the mugger "Get thee behind me satan?" Is protecting you part of God's plan?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

Can you prove Jesus existed?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy because my thread has been moved out of the alien/ufo forum and into here. This is a topic about ufo's and the very fact ATS has moved this thread just proves how much this information, information which can STOP ABDUCTIONS, If someone is having an abduction problem, they are going to straight to the ufo forum.No matter, I will just keep my opinion known in the ufo forum - you cannot hide the truth forever.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
So many question....

If you can be abducted by invisible, secret aliens, without your consent or (sometimes knowledge) doesn't this negate "free will?" If we don't have free will how can we be redeemed?

If you truely have a personal living relationship with the "Lord Jesus Christ" why would he allow aliens to sneak up on you and abduct you? What if they hit you over the head with a laser beam lamp and knock you out before you have the chance to "call on him?"

Would Jesus protect you if you were being mugged? Would you tell the mugger "Get thee behind me satan?" Is protecting you part of God's plan?

They do not abduct me, infact they cannot even touch me. You obviously do not know much about the spirit world, it has it's own sets of laws which are to abide by God's.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth01
Ok, I don't want to keep repeating myself but Catholicism is not a faith - it is a religion just like Buddhism. Catholics are not Christians because they have their own sets of rules outside the bible. They confess their sins to man (priests. pope etc) when Christians confess their sins to Jesus - which is stated by God's law (the bible or his word).

Now none of this will make sense to you if you are not Christian, because it is faith based.

People who believe in alien abductions have faith because they may not have been abducted themselves, but certainly believe a person who has said they have been. Which is the point of my topic.

I call bigotry! Of course Catholics are Christians (I am not one, so don't attack me) but I have Catholic friends - and you're of course completely wrong when you say that confessing to a priest is unbiblical.
That's just to begin with, but shame on you. Many Catholics I know are far better Christians and bear better fruit than the kind of gun totin' iggerant (often creationist) evangelical I have come across on ATS...
Vicky

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
Depends what you mean by "believe" in them. I believe they exist. Just like I believe angler fishes exist despite never seeing one and likely never will.

If the earth were this large "." on your screen, then our 1 galaxy is the size of this entire planet. There's hundreds of billions of galaxies. 97% of the total species ever to exist on this single planet have gone extinct.

= 99.0^infinity that extraterrestrials exist.

You can believe in Jesus, I'm just saying Jesus won't save you from anything, based off my previous post which if you read carefully and try to address individually, you will find it's flawless.
edit on 14-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

Flawless? As in "perfect"? That line of thinking didn't go too well for Szayel and neither will it for you,lol.

Your first post kind of messed up. Judaism has some common elements as Sumerian dogma. Mostly the similarity between the stories of Gilgamesh and the stories of Noah and the flood. As per Christianity one could say it has elements that appear similar to perhaps some Vedic stories/legends, whatever. Some odd balls even try to paint a link between Jesus and the old Iris cults.

So far I proved your incapable of being flawless because of your flawed first post. Faulty biological CPU or not enough sleep? No matter.

Anyways though, this whole abduction thing kind of reeks. I could understand if it happened and people described different "creatures" or a very wide variety(because how much DNA and studies do you need before you figure something out) over time. But instead it has narrowed down to Gray's and the rare "Nordic" sighting.

And most people going through abduction phenomenon say they are frozen with fear. One could also make the argument that invoking something else to "ward" off these things could alleviate fear(false bravado).

It may or may not matter, but if gray's exist, through the fruit they have already barred it is clear they are our enemies. From a human-centric perspective they might as well be demons. Maybe the act of viewing them as demons is enough for people to over-come the intense fear of the unknown? Making the person not worth the hassle or making mind control techniques impossible? A topic like this is very hard to comment on, it is nothing more than a circle J of pure conjecture.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join