It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS Near The Sun Right Now

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Unfortunately our technology isn't perfect.

From the Soho Faq:

What are those flying saucer-shaped objects in the LASCO images?

The "funny-looking spheroid" is a typical response of the SOHO LASCO coronagraph CCD detector to an object (planet or bright star) of small angular extent but so bright that it saturates the CCD camera so that "bleeding" occurs along pixel rows. There is a bright horizontal streak on either side of the image, because the charge leaks easier along the direction in which the CCD image is read out by the associated electronics.

More HERE
Hot pixels or defective pixels on ccd cameras HERE

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think they are in vacation!..they are very hot alliens and im sure they like big balls of fire

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think the things near the edges of the corona are just image artifacts caused by compression.

the black spots that seem to be holding their place in front of the sun could just be dust on the lens couldn't they?

either way, the resolution is too low to be able to tell anything, show me some raw uncompressed images/video with these things in them and I will be a believer.

until then its just another blurry ufo vid that doesn't prove anything

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The smaller object lower right has exactly the same shape as the subject in the turkish videos,

www.youtube.com...

There are more videos by the same people found at this Youtube link.You can see the same profile around the 2.30 mark. As far as I know these videos have not really been debunked.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If it's simply compression or artifacts, why did NASA take the images down & then put them back up with edited "tails" on them? I find that fishy.

Then they ended up taking them down completely, iirc (according to physicist Nassim) & the Vatican purchased the photos.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
If it's simply compression or artifacts, why did NASA take the images down & then put them back up with edited "tails" on them? I find that fishy.

Then they ended up taking them down completely, iirc (according to physicist Nassim) & the Vatican purchased the photos.

If it's true they have been all taken down that is strange.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join