It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting photo...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Right Right.

Move to Hoax

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunchBocks
The camera used was a kodak z915
Location of photo is in northern indiana
it was taken around october/november 2009
it was kind of chilly, and there was dew on the grass/stones, not misty or foggy, little wind
it was somewhere between 10:00 to midnight I recall

Well thank-you very much for providing the information I asked for ... it just adds a little more depth to how things were when the picture was taken

Now as someone who runs my own private paranormal investigation team (W.I.S.P.S - Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) ... I always look for the logical explanations first ... after all there is no glory in fooling yourself into believing that you have captured something paranormal when all the time it was a bug or a speck of dust on the lens
however disappointing that result might be.

However, as far as your pictures are concerned it is great that you added a daylight picture for comparrison ... and all picures taken during ghosthunts (especially the dark ones or those that just look like black nothingness) are worth taking a minute to brighten-up ... more often than not they will reveal nothing ... but occasionally you find something unexpected ... it's happened to me several times with pictures that would normally be dismissed even deleted.

There is clearly some kind of faint anomoly in the original photograph and the brightened version makes it look like apparitions of people ... I can see what looks like 3 people ... one crouching down looking towards the headstone ... another standing to the right side of the same headstone looking down ... and the third looks to be that of a child (due to the height) standing in front of the second figure ... who looks to have an arm around the child in front of him.

The other anomoly that you included in the outline to the left of the group I believe is a headstone when you compare it with the daylight picture.

Ok, I'm pretty sure the sceptics and outright disbelievers amongst us will not let slide the fact that you mentioned there was dew on the grass ... which implies there was moisture in the air even if it was not misty ... and therefore it is this moisture that was responsible for the anomolies.

My comment on this point is 'yes' I believe the moisture in the air was responsible for revealing the anomolies ... but not in the sense that the sceptic would mean that the anomolies are not paranormal ... far from it !

Most sceptics like things to be cleancut / black and white ... logical ... the fact is reality does not always stick to these rule (we only have to look at the science behind quantum physics to see the truth behind my statement).

So, what I am suggesting is that we should consider that paranormal entities might make use of the conditions around them to add substance (maybe even inadvertantly) ... for example ... if this picture does show 3 real spirit apparitions ... how do we know that their energy has not attracted the moisture in the air to it ?

If this is the case then it was very lucky for the OP because it means he has captures a more visible impression of those in the spirit world ... because of the conditions in which the picture was taken.

Obviously we cannot be 100% certain of this because it is not an absolute science ... but it is something that sould not be dismissed out of hand either.

OP ... good picture and I for one believe it has captured something paranormal ... when the snow clears it might be worth a visit to the cemetary to see whose name(s) is on that headstone that they seem so interested in.

Woody

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Definitely one of the creepiest photos I've seen on ATS. Looks like you captured a bunch of...somethings...having a little pow-wow. Almost looks to me like a group of musicians. Very strange.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by metodex

Based on what?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LunchBocks

Just to clarify, did you see the "apparitions" in the lens when you took the shot, or even outside of the camera?? Or did they only appear in the picture itself?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Inca_Roads

The creepiest ever??? How many threads on ATS or elsewhere have you read then? this recent one is far creepier
if you ask me.apparition on Queen Mary

And OP, you were very quick to debunk another pic on here, taken by the BBC Mystery figure shocks cameraman and although your opening post states that you want debunkers, you claim to know what you shot on film, and you defend your position (as did the BBC camerman) and claim you have not in any way altered the pic or set it up.. so why would I believe you and not a BBC cameraman? And if you want people to believe your word then surely you should accept the word of others who have taken other paranormal pics...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by techniquespeaks

It was so dark you could only see black on the screen of the camera.

reply to post by destination now

I would assume if you thought that you had taken a picture with something that even had a glimmer of "paranormal" in it, you would at least be hopeful of verifying the image. given the fact that i have limited knowledge of doing these kind of things, I belive I am within my rights to defend the above images.
edit on 14-1-2011 by LunchBocks because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by LunchBocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

But you immediately call hoax on someone else who has the same intentions as yourself?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
]
edit on 14-1-2011 by LunchBocks because: removing me being an A$$

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Just saw your edit, so I have edited as well...

I am really interested in the paranormal and have had many experiences and would like to see as much real proof as possible and certainly don't want any arguments with someone else who has also had experiences and actually may have captured them on camera...

edit on 14-1-2011 by destination now to change my edit

edit on 14-1-2011 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ok, fair is fair so I removed my Ranting,

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Likewise and have even given you a star for your contribution to civilised debate

And it is an interesting picture.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The photo is absolutely intriguing! I, too, see what the others have described; one kneeling, one standing, and what could be a child. I also see what could potentially be an additional figure, if you look to the left of the person kneeling, standing behind another tombstone, a figure seems to be standing.

Great photo.

eta: The one standing...almost in the center of his body.... Does anyone see the number "19" ?
Am I seeing through it, beyond it, to another headstone?
edit on 1/14/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Did you hear anything while you were taking the pictures that sounded like a trapped soul? Sometimes you can hear the names of the deceased being called over and over again. Part of night time ghost hunting success is due to the loss of your sense of sight. Your intuition and memory kick into overdrive to make up for the loss.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by Inca_Roads

The creepiest ever??? How many threads on ATS or elsewhere have you read then?

Please read my comment again.

I never said it was THE creepiest.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don`t recall having heard anything, saw some lights flickering, but we decided it was deer walkin in front of them. We recorded something that sounded like a child laughing later that night, but then decided it was some kind of animal

top topics

<< 1   >>

join