It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mystery figure shocks cameraman"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Mr Sandys, 30, was photographing at the reputedly haunted Edward Jenner Museum in Berkeley, Gloucestershire, and captured the image on his camera.

Link to the BBC news article

Wow this image is really weird. What in the world other than something really paranormal could have caused it?
It does look like a human figure from the waist down. Also it looks as if the figure is holding up a woman's head.

More images from BBC

But now if you look at this photo, it looks like it was a long exposure shot... You can see a trail leading from the figure towards the camera...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well, it appears solid. There is a metallic lamp or something on the Right side of the waist area. It's reflective and shiny. It looks like part of the waist is actually in front of the lamp, and blocking us from having a full view of it.

However, something like this could easily be an illusion because we really were not there and have no way to know what it actually looked like at the time of the photo.

It could even be a mannequin or something like that. Or it could be photo shopped into the pic.

It is just too vague and perplexing to really be worth anything in terms of evidence of a ghost.

Proving ghosts scientifically will require some very extraordinarily impressive data.

This photograph sadly is of such poor quality that it isn't really impressive, and it feels terribly ordinary.

Thank you for sharing this with me, as I enjoy taking a look through all types of things like this.

But do not worry, we are getting closer and closer everyday to proving that ghosts are real and exist.
I have had my own encounters with the truly BIZARRE reality of ghosts, so I know this stuff will eventually be proven because it does actually exist somehow. It is just a matter of time that we will finally get good evidence and it will become scientific fact and we can study these things in a more official manner.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It was exposed long enough for a person to walk to the chair, nothing paranormal here. Hoax for sure

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hoak or not, that is one creepy looking place.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
o not denying the creepiness of the place, nor the cool factor of the photo. i can appreciate a good fake on any kind of photo, be it ghost, ufo, or any other. if its done well its still interesting

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It’s funny that we see things differently.

I see a woman in the background wearing a type of pinafore or apron and the closer figure walking away and towards the door, there is also another apparition beside him, but I'm only seeing the bottom half. But it also is wearing blue pants, same type as the larger apparition.

What a great great photo.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
they certainly have the attic decorated in the traditional haunted style. the rocking horse is key. looks like someone may be smoking a cigar back there. i'm trying hard to see the ghost but i can't.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
But now if you look at this photo, it looks like it was a long exposure shot... You can see a trail leading from the figure towards the camera...

If this were the case, I wonder what the photographer was wearing, if he was in fact wearing blue pants that high and of that era he may need to spend any earning from this great shot and get some new cloths...just say’n

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
it looks like a fat naked ghost woman. i wish people would stop taking photo's of creepy doorways.
i notify scooby an co, the mystery van will be round soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
."

He went on: "As a BBC employee I wouldn't dare doctor an image or I would lose my job."

I like it

Provided the photographer truly doesn't care about loosing his job
that's a grade A image, thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'm sure this has appeared on ATS before but it was a video - and one of those pictures actually looks like a still from a video rather than a photo.

I'll have a search and see if I can find it...

Edit: Had a browse but can't find any video, only pictures - however I'm kinda leaning towards the long exposure shot, I think the photographer was a little too keen to get something 'paranormal' on film and took matters into his own hands.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Jimbowsk because: Searchy but no findy a video of the 'ghost'

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Yes, I'm sure I've come across this before as well as a video, not necessarily on here though, but for the life of me, can't remember where...

From what I can remember of the story though, the crew were not trying to catch anything paranormal, they were doing a piece on the museum, so no reason to try and fake something. Also I'm not sure how the cameraman can be behind the camera and in front of it at the same time (if it was part of a video)

new topics

top topics

join