It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 birds fall dead in Alabama [video]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

300 birds fall dead in Alabama [video]

www.huffingtonpost.com

An estimated 300 dead birds have been found on the side of the I-65 highway in Alabama, WAFF News reports. According to wildlife biologist Bill Gates, the birds are grackles, a common black bird, one of the same species reported in the past weeks to have been found dead in mass quantities in other nearby states like Arkansas, Louisiana and Kentucky.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If you thought this was over... Think again.

One of the commenters on this article postulates that maybe it's monsanto seed which has been eaten and is somehow genetically modified into pesticide.... If this is true how insidious that is to our ecology....

Maybe this has something to do with the weird weather?

Thoughts?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I find the mass die offs strange. Yeah i know a lot of posters are gonna come say "stuff like the has happened before and it will happen again" and im sure it will, but as to me and a lot of other posters it feels new, and there is always the possibility that this time it could be something i suppose. Anyways, monsanto seeds huh? I never thought of that, but hey regardless if it is or isn't the case, its food for thought. (no pun intended)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
well that is the first good dumb excuse for the birds dying yet lol, at least they gettn better at bs ing us.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well I think we have enough separate and isolated incidents now to safely say something bizarre is going down.

Whatever the cause is, it should be able to link the majority of these cases together.

I've heard a hundred theories by now, and I still haven't decided what seems most likely.

Whatever it is, it's widespread and it's effects are visible in multiple geographic locations simultaneously.

It isn't fully widespread though, as most birds haven't died yet in this manner. So it's widespread AND selective or isolated each time.
So incredibly odd.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just to add a bit of local flavor, my cousin lives in Athens and said that there are some discrepancies with what the officials are saying and what the witnesses are saying.

For one, he says that some people swear up and down that they SAW the birds fall out of the sky, but officials claim that the event was not witnessed.

He also says that the locals are upset with the official story that a truck hit the birds on the interstate and killed em... how does one Mack truck kill 300 birds all at once? Every bird that has ever flown in front on me on the road seems to magically get out of the way just in time.

edit on 13-1-2011 by DamaSan because: grammar/spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That is not far from where i am.... I have been noticing very large "flocks" of Hawks the last week or so. I dont normally see them in "flocks" where i live.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There were also two events in Tennessee a little while back. I started a thread about it, but it didn't get much attention.

There were a hundred or so birds found dead in Lebanon, TN (~30mi East of Nashville) found by the TWRA. They were found on Jan 5th and they said the birds had been dead for 5-6 days.

Also, there were a few tens of birds found dead in my neighborhood in Nashville. Both cases involved blackbirds. Both cases went largely unreported.

Based on these two unreported incidents located near to each other, I have to assume that there are many more cases that have not been reported. So when you look at all the reports, keep in mind there are likely many many more.

edit on 13-1-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by DamaSan because: corrected date

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Gates told WAFF that the feathers scattered across the location suggest trauma, and he believes a semi-truck or other vehicle may be responsible for their death.

Can anyone here even imaging 300 birds slamming into a semi truck?
They gave the same reason for the 100 plus birds in California.

Do they really think we are that stupid? Where is the driver? Lets see the truck... it must be a mess. If you just got splattered by 300 birds wouldn't you be stopped to remove all the bird guts?

Seriously that is the part of all this that smells of conspiracy... the stupid reasons the 'experts' are giving us

'trauma'
Well if a bird dies in mid flight and slams into the ground I would expect to see sign's of 'trauma'

edit on 13-1-2011 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Maybe even a few feathers!

2nd

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
Every bird that has ever flown in front on me on the road seems to magically get out of the way just in time.

That isn't magic... it's called aerodynamics
The same principle that lets me ride behind you and save gas Mwahhahahaha
edit on 13-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Don't try to confuse me with your logic! I know what I saw, and it was MAGIC!!

Seriously though, this situation is getting out of hand and it is becoming more and more apparent that officials are trying their best to contain the story with disinformation and flat lies. Makes you wonder if they know whats going on...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Saw this photo in another article...

Caption
Shock: Residents described seeing individual doves fall from the sky, before groups of 10 or 20 began hitting roofs and cars

Source
Thousands of fish washed up in Chicago and hundreds of birds perish in California as animal deaths continue to bemuse scientists
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now looking at that picture... they look like they are frozen in ice... yet no mention of that. Maybe the Ice Age is closer than I though.... they may be flying into sudden cold spots and getting flash frozen

Just a hunch

edit on 13-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What ever the excuse it for these birds dying they are trying their best not to link any of them to one another. Fireworks? Drunk? Frozen? Semi truck? None of these explain birds dying at the same exact time. It's like something is stopping their hearts or brain wave patterns.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for posting this Zorgon!

I wonder what ever happened to that one live blackbird they found in AR... You know the one which wouldnt even make a sound?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Gates told WAFF that the feathers scattered across the location suggest trauma, and he believes a semi-truck or other vehicle may be responsible for their death.

Can anyone here even imaging 300 birds slamming into a semi truck?
They gave the same reason for the 100 plus birds in California.

Do they really think we are that stupid? Where is the driver? Lets see the truck... it must be a mess. If you just got splattered by 300 birds wouldn't you be stopped to remove all the bird guts?

Seriously that is the part of all this that smells of conspiracy... the stupid reasons the 'experts' are giving us

'trauma'
Well if a bird dies in mid flight and slams into the ground I would expect to see sign's of 'trauma'

edit on 13-1-2011 by zorgon because: Classified

A semi truck? Get real. You would have a wrecked truck and a dead driver. The excuses are getting dumber by the minute.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
When I saw this thread I thought this is from a week or 2 ago - dang its todays report! Its happening again and again - what is going on?. I am ruling out weather, fireworks and poison. I have been leaning towards magnetic shift - also a CME was sent out from the sun and should arrive tonight or tomorrow and another behind it in a few days that blasted out today. I just don't know but TPTB need to be up front with us and let us know what they know or suspect. All the scientists in the world - someone has an answer or at least a very good idea. If it is expected to happen to larger mammals and people we need to be prepared. And I am not fear mongering, just using common sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Brain wave patterns - I think you may have something there. Haven't heard that mentioned before. So if we take that into consideration what would interfere with brain wave patterns? Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Changes in the ionosphere have been shown to impact human brainwave activity. I'm probably going to have to go dig up a link now unless someone else has one ready... has to do with Schumann resonance.

If reading this post made you think about HAARP, then good for you

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
reply to post by crazydaisy

Changes in the ionosphere have been shown to impact human brainwave activity. I'm probably going to have to go dig up a link now unless someone else has one ready... has to do with Schumann resonance.

If reading this post made you think about HAARP, then good for you

Please do! Id love to see that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join