It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Some Observations : Hats off to the Long Time ATS Members During the Crisis Times.

page: 1
11

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It was refreshing to see the staff take such an interest and up front go at the events of the past week, as well as make it known that even though there has been a lot of attention to the site, they expect and insist that life go on as normal (as it gets around here) but...

I have also noticed a very large number of ATS'ers stepping up to the plate and really alerting people to the fact that they are stepping on or coming close to stepping on that line of good manners, and that's what this post is about.

I think it speaks volumes, that as a group, even in a crisis, we can all see that in order to keep the site to the standard that we have come to expect, that as a collective group we need to stand up and say loudly:

We will not stand for attacks, we will not stand for incivility and we will not stand for lack of decorum.

So here is my kudos to everyone here that is helping the staff by keeping it civil, keeping it great and making this site continue to be one to visit now and in the future. If I could make applause with text I'd have a full page of it....
The membership here rocks... (so does the staff but they already know that)




posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Nice sentiments; flag for you.

Out of curiosity, how do you define "long time?"

edit on 1/13/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Nice sentiments; flag for you.

Out of curiosity, how do you define "long time?"

edit on 1/13/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)


I guess 3 months or more, constant posters.... I hadn't really thought of a specific timeframe..



posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I do my best to remind folks why we are here and makes ATS is so great is the higher level of courteous discourse.

Although I don't want to sound preachy or modish..

Then again ATS is what we make of it. The staff only moderate, the bulk of information, threads, replies are all done by the membership and for the membership.

The least we can do is not tear into each other and continue the left vs right paradigm that exists everywhere else. Or at the very least treat each other with respect, regardless of which side you are on.

~Keeper



posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Very well put. No none wants their ideas/thoughts to be ridiculed, but it happens. ATS is a tough place to be, but there's always hope if someone like you will be in the forum.



posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Thank you Keeper
I was hoping you'd input



posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
It was refreshing to see the staff take such an interest and up front go at the events of the past week, as well as make it known that even though there has been a lot of attention to the site, they expect and insist that life go on as normal (as it gets around here) but...



As normal as it gets around here....makes me smile.

Just because of the events this past week doesnt mean that there wont still be blurry lights in the sky, a new 9/11 conspiracy, Julian Assange will make a new statement, someone will catch Bigfoot on their trailcam, the Denver Intl airport will not close, 500 new prediction threads, Nibiru is still approaching and the moon landing could still be a hoax. (I know grammar errors but oh well).

ATS is truly a home for those like minded individuals such as you and I, and we will not let our home be defiled or disgraced. The staff around here is second to none, the mods have been handling the threads and trolls brilliantly, and mostly the membership has pulled through with flying colors.

And I expetcted no less.

Kudos.

Remember
YouDidntSeeMe



posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder
 


Yes, ATS staff and members handled it well..


Out of curiosity, how do you define "long time?"


Hmm, all I've heard is " Love you long time"
So maybe 10 minutes on a good day.??



posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Very well put. No none wants their ideas/thoughts to be ridiculed, but it happens. ATS is a tough place to be, but there's always hope if someone like you will be in the forum.


Well ATS should not be a place where you come to have your ideas or thoughts ridiculed.

Challenged? Most certainly.

A lot of members mistake challenge for ridicule and it's sometimes hard to see the fine line between those two things.

Even myself have been known to go off on a poster whome I though was ridiculing me; when in fact they were simply posing a question or did not word that particular post in the best way to reflect their intentions.

~Keeper



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

We will not stand for attacks, we will not stand for incivility and we will not stand for lack of decorum.

So here is my kudos to everyone here that is helping the staff by keeping it civil, keeping it great and making this site continue to be one to visit now and in the future. If I could make applause with text I'd have a full page of it....
The membership here rocks... (so does the staff but they already know that)


Where there enough T&C violations this week to warrant an alert from staff? A momentary glance through several threads didn't reveal much to me. I hope we are not confusing political correctness with rudeness. I rarely flag posts as indecent just because someone disagrees with me.

Its HOW you disagree that makes all the difference in the world and I have been very patient with most posters, even the ones who like to call me names. To be on ATS you must have a thick skin because the PTB hire disinfo agents who will stop at nothing to promote ignorance. After-a-while it makes you want to quit and I have seen many posters quit after a few years...not so much due to the insults but because the whole experience becomes cheappened with hordes of "posters"(probably nsa bots) who don't respect member contributions and can't seem to agree on anything.



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Walking The Walk

In fairness, I've noticed quite a few brand new members who contribute excellent posts, are quite courteous and are clearly the kind of people that elevate our community.

It's not how long you've been here, but what you do while you're here that counts.


CX

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Walking The Walk

In fairness, I've noticed quite a few brand new members who contribute excellent posts, are quite courteous and are clearly the kind of people that elevate our community.

It's not how long you've been here, but what you do while you're here that counts.


I was just about to say, time spent here is pretty irrellevant really.

There are long term members who still insist on trolling and writing minimal posts, yet there are newer members that can blow us away with their contribution.

Time, age, flags and stars are all irrellevant here. Only an inflated ego will convince you otherwise.


CX.



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I want to second the thanks to the membership and staff. You ALL have really done an wonderful job and it is deeply appreciated.

As you can well imagine, it's been a very hectic week for Stephen, Bill and I. The staff has stepped up and really shined, hand in hand with our excellent Members. It really does make all the effort worthwhile.


THANKS!

mark...



new topics

top topics



 
11

log in

join