It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with cops, understanding your rights,.... by a cop.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
Also, I cannot speak for every situation, but will try to address the most common ones, i.e. traffic stops, license checks, street interviews.

The most common place that you are going be confronted by an officer is at a traffic stop.

Already you've identified some of the major problems with the police, and one reason they should all be fired and replaced with nobody. The problems are implicit in your premise there, and you just gloss over it as if it's just the way things are without any alternative. The most common place that anyone SHOULD be "confronted by an officer" is at the scene of a heinous crime or the scene of their arrest. The police should be doing what they claim they're doing, protecting and serving, not pulling over people for no light over their license plate or any of the other million excuses a cop can legally use to unconstitutionally harass people. They also shouldn't be butting their noses into every dispute between any people and arbitrarily hand down edicts based on who they think is right and who they think is wrong. Any reasonably competent cop can always find something to charge a person with, even if they have to lie a little. And they don't have to come up with any charges for, what, 48 hours? People aren't angels. Until they are, I don't trust anyone who tells me they're in charge. I'll take my chances against the "bag guys" if it means I never have to see another "good guy" like this.

When you are stopped by an officer you have to assume that he had a valid reason, otherwise a halfway decent attorney will get the case thrown out of court and the officer looks like an idiot and his reputation in the courtroom starts to dwindle. He cannot afford this because it is a career ender.

This of course is the way it works in television dramas and other fairy tales, but of course in the real world the police all stick together and cover each other's mistakes, the court is more than willing to patch even more holes in the dike and the media is perfectly happy to repeat verbatim any statements given to them by either the police or the courts. An innocent person doesn't stand a chance in our legal system. Casual criminals also don't stand a chance. The ones that really thrive are the criminals who plan ahead and exploit the system to harm their victims.

Your rights when stopped: First, you must realize that driving is a privilege not a right.

This is a quaint notion that would make any of the monarchs of old green with envy. To say that operating a vehicle is a "privilege" that the state gives you is the height of lunacy. This reminds me of something I read recently, a parent was outraged because his child was being taught in civics class that rights are special privileges the government gives you. Using this as your premise it's no wonder you wish to encourage people to just "go along to get along". That attitude is common in prison, if cops had their way the whole world would be one big prison with everyone either in prison or working as a guard.

Now, what if you run into the super trooper that doesn’t care about your rights, and we all know that they are out there. If you run into this individual, do what he says and be polite. Note his name and his badge number and any other identifying features. After you have calmed down write out a complete statement of the events including dates, times, and all that was said. Use his chain of command or Internal affairs division to report him.

I'm sure you know very well what a useless approach this is. The police are a tight-knit group, trying to get any one of them to assist you in filing charges against another one is the fool's errand. All this tactic will accomplish is ensuring more harassment in the future, unless it gets to the point that it starts embarrassing the department.

If this idiot will violate your rights, then arguing with him on the side of the road is a bad idea. You could end up getting tazed or worse.
If the officer ask you to step out of the car, follow the instructions. He may want to pat you down for weapons for his own safety; this is his right and is granted by law.

This is the attitude typically parroted by cop and cop sympathizers. Don't ever defend yourself, especially if you're being abused by police, because they'll just make it worse. What sort of lesson is that? Obey or be punished worse for not being obedient? Why is the "officer" legally allowed extreme measures (forcibly detaining people, waving guns around, frisking people, handcuffing them) to ensure HIS safety during a VOLUNTARY ACTION by that "officer", when the victim of that "officer" is offered no legal self defense?

What if you have broken the law? Perhaps there’s a roach or some seeds in your car’s ashtray. If you are caught, be honest.

Yes, of course, the police all want you to tell on yourself so they have less work to do.

There are more cocky officers with bad attitudes than there are good ones.

All in all this post makes a very convincing case for getting rid of the police entirely. It reminds me of a saying I once heard, that the best government is a good czar, the worst government is a bad czar, bad czars outnumber good czars so the best government is NO CZAR.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

"Sovereigns/freemen have blown up buildings, killed cops, held up banks, printed counterfiet money, inpersonated foreign diplomats, made counterfiet licenses, license plates, Social Security cards, and ID cards. They clog the courts with useless paperwork. You folks sound a lot more like part of the problem than the solution".

Interestingly enough, I didn't see any freeman jumping in to address this. Or is this just the ugly side that you don't talk about?

Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Hand the officer this with your license. Works everytime.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PlautusSatire

As I said before, I too believe that government is too big. But, your's and the other freemen's alternatives are utter nonsense and will never happen without a total breakdown of our current society.

If that happens, you will have little micro societies popping up wherever they feel safe and the neccessary resouces can be found. Just for giggles, lets say that one of these is a group of freemen. Before long there will be disputes of land, water, theft, rape, fights, etc. The next thing you will want to do is set up some type of governing body for this little society to discuss these issues, don't say you won't, because you will. Out of that meeting you will discuss appointing someone to help with these disturbances, you know, like a mediator. Well, he will quickly learn that he cannot be everywhere at one time so he will ask for some help and appoint some folks to go around to the different disputes and to bring the offending parties before him so that he can make a decision. Eventually, someone will say that the offending party should have someone be his mediator. Now once an offender, lets say the rapist, has been caught and proven guilty, well, you can't just let him go to roam freely in your little society again, I mean, your wives and daughters wouldn't be safe. So, whats your options? You could lock him up somewhere safe, feed him and take care of him until he dies or someone decides he has been reformed, or you could just kill him.

Now, does any of this sound familiar, of coures it does and that is exactly what will happen. I'd say in less than 10 years you will be right back to where we are today.

If you want to change what we have now, try to change it from the inside, not by standing outside and throwing rocks at it. All of you are just spouting off with words and case law and the first time someone breaks in your house or your car, you will call me, the police officer, because that is your only choice and chance of anything being righted.

Many of you have gotten in trouble with law and you are angry because you were doing something wrong and got caught, not much different from a child throwing a tantrum. Just plain foolishness. Time to grow up boys and girls.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Forget that man.. make a thread.
Thread us!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Christians have done those things too? Are they part of the problem?
With respect you just posted a reply trying to assign less than admirable attributes to an entire group in an attempt to discredit them all.
edit on 17-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You have got to be kidding me. Thats what you guys have been doing to the police the whole thread. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

back to profiling i see? once a cop always a cop? but thats ok.

cops predate young girls when cruising city parks and schools, luring them with their badges and authority.
cops use deadly force for their cookies and walk outside the law
cops steal money and drugs from their perps and resell them on the streets while letting criminals go
cops misappropriate federal taxpayer monies to run bogus sting operations and as long as the monies are spent they get more.
cops drink, drive, do drugs, beat patrons and let their fellow officers off the hook when caught red handed.
cops belong to a private expanding organized crime syndicate that milks the honest tax payer for billions of dollars each year that has no serious oversight.
cops are crybabies when they don't get their way, and are known to revenge themselves on their victims after the fact without due process or recourse.
cops plot against their fellow citizens and co workers to gain notoriety and success.
cops lie ,cheat,steal,murder,rape,predate,forge,pillage, ETC, and abuse their oaths of SERVE AND PROTECT

more crimes are committed daily by every branch of law enforcement than all the freewhatevers committed in a year, with greater destruction to society and humanity than any good they were ever worth.

cops and their organizations are the real vampires on society and hide behind their badges in justification

just sayin. i thought i would respond since you were calling all us bad people out that don't sit in your circle of imaginary perfection

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You have got to be kidding me. Thats what you guys have been doing to the police the whole thread. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Seeashrink

The problem with this is people dont become Christians to go on a career long powertrip. The majority of people that become cops do. Now dont get me wrong there are good cops out there but sadly the majority would rather meet their quota while driving around harassing people than protect and serve.

People used to respect (true respect not fear) the police as much as they did their military. Now they fear them and actually hesitate to call them because when something gets stolen either nothing will be done or they themselves will be arrested for something ....stupid like smoking a plant. We all know how dangerous those plants can be!

The cops did this to themselves not the people. It was and is those who would rather take advantage of a helpless person than protect him or her that need be blamed.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Hey.. I posted evidence at least.
And In all the experiences I have had with cops most have been unnecessarily rude and had no reason to even interrupt my life. You can never know. You are biased. If I had only been helped by police all my life I wouldn't feel the same. Here cops are complete assholes, the are in the pocket of anyone who cares to have them there, the law is bad about bending to the will of pawnshops in my town. I have had a friend assaulted but because it was minor and the man had driven off the cop didn't do anything. He basically said it was a lot of paper work. I have been harassed by a cop. A friend of mine was harassed by a cop that asked her for a date at a f**king traffic stop where she turned him down.
Trust me my town isn't an rare example.

Cops uphold their law they go after people for themselves not for the people anymore.
edit on 17-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Forgive me if I paint with a broad brush, but yours is certainly just as broad if not more so. Some of your accusations are true, some are just from soaking in your own bitterness too long.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

I wasn't comparing cops to christans I was addressing seashrinks post about freemans/sovereigns.
He listed all they have done, but a simple response is to answer back with all the shady things cops have done.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'm not bitter...really I'm not. I'm actually an insider that has had the pleasure of witness in every aspect of the phenomenon. when the cops, fire departments ,paramedics are all on call or partying together in trust...loose lips

but it does give me an attitude

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

that was funny. i would have let you go on that one

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I wasn't comparing cops to christans I was addressing seashrinks post about freemans/sovereigns.
He listed all they have done, but a simple response is to answer back with all the shady things cops have done.

Is that all this discussion is to you? Just tit for tat? What if I admitted that there are some good freemen/soveriegns out there? Would all the freemen/soveriegns admit (as you have) that there are some good cops out there? Or are we all just in it to be a part of some "criminal organization" to "milk the people"?
I've been asked some very tough questions on here about mistakes and if I have made any, etc and I have been very forthcoming with my answers. But many of you folks hide behind the anonymity of the internet. What if I asked you about the crimes you have committed, or the taxes that you have cheated on, or some of the many dark skeletons that hide in your closet? I wonder if you would be as forthcoming. I am a good cop, not a perfect one, but I have never taken a payoff, used drugs, mine or someone elses, etc. but yet to you I am just another dirty cop. Your mind is made up and you don't want to be confused with the facts.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

All cops are called assholes when they arrest someone, do you think its easy being a police officer? Everything you do is scrutinized. But the guys who committ crimes and violate the law complain their rights are being violated. Their is a simple solution.... STOP BREAKING THE LAW...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
but then you wouldn't have a job and we wouldn't have one more thing to complain about

JEEEZ

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Ever considered the good cops just aren't aware that they aren't taking part in an organization that is created to milk the public? I mean if you can do it and get away with it seems like that is what it is engineered for.
Consider yourself a YMCA member that isn't aware there is a pool upstairs.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

SEESHRINK:

I would like to piggy back your comment. The Legal system is set up in this way.
education starting with the youth to keep them out of the adult system. If i arrest a youth the court system judges try and keep the kids in line by education, rehabilitation and reform. there is more leniency because the thought process is different when you transition to adulthood. by now you are a responsible, disciplined adult who respects himself and others.

when i arrest an adult the system is not as lenient as with children, you should be responsible etc etc etc. The rehabilitation is really for the juveniles to prevent them from becoming criminals but we all know the parents needs to be involved as well. it all begins at home it doesn't mean we wont have crime if things followed this path. in a perfect world yes.

THE ROLE OF THE POLICE OFFICER:

A police officers job is extremely difficult and demanding this depending on demographics. As a police officer when I stop you for a LEGAL violation of the law, I have the ability to correct, warn or arrest. this is in the form of discretion. The job of a police officer isnt to screw people over there is to much paperwork to fill out when incidents happen. Most cops hate paperwork. By the time I get done my arrest the person I arrested is free on bail. I now have paperwork to fill out and my shift partners are left on the road by themselves. If I stop a guy who has been suspended 57 times (actual case) should I let him go? Or the guy who left his house and forgot his license at home? The people who continue to draw attention to themselves by committing violations and being arrogant end up in hotwater. Now just because you are nice, nothing on your record doesnt mean you might now get a ticket or arrested. This is his first ticket or the 100th one he has talked himself out of. Another point I would like to make is after a while you hear all sorts of excuses as to why they were violating the law.

Hey guys while you continue to kick cops seriously do some research and go on a ride along if you can. Most of us do this job because we want to "help people" and there is a certain pride about being out there

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow2

For any police here are you willing to admit that the police use gang stalking, to target anyone they want?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join