It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with cops, understanding your rights,.... by a cop.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Thanks, he does ride around with the Deputies often. I told him to do a 4 year tour with the military branch of his choice. I believe his goal is to work for a Federal LEO like the FBI and I think the military will greatly improve his chances.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I don't understand what you freeman folks are after. I disagree with big government and ours is certainly too big. I agree that our taxes are too high and are wasted for the most part. Having said that, I still don't understand you folks. Do you think that everyone should strap on a gun and when there is a dispute with anyone, you should just shoot it out? Do you live in a house with city water and sewer? Are you willing to have the water turned off? I think that you probably take advantage of every privelege you complain about and are not willing to do away with any. You are not willing to register your vehicle, but you are willing to buy highly taxed gasoline to make it run. Is this not fueling (pun intended) the same system that you want to see changed? If you really believe in what you are doing, then walk or ride a bike everywhere you go. Don't take public transportation because they pay a gas tax as well. As I said before, you folks are part of the problem, not the solution.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

you must have some sort of inferiority complex. I was just speaking in generalities, not at you.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Nope, no complex, but you got a reply.
Seeashrink

edit on 16-1-2011 by seeashrink because: grammar

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Seeashrink.. if you can say. Do you think you have ever seen officers you work with act inappropriately? Would you be righteous enough to speak against them or would you be afraid of being ostracized? Ever let a bad day cause you to be even just rude or cite someone unnecessarily. Ever let someone off for something you have ticketed or arrested another person for?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yes, I have seen officers act inappropriatly and a couple are out of law enforcement because of me. To all your other questions.....yes. I'm not Jesus. I have made tons of mistakes and errors in judgement. I seldom let my mood decide how I treat someone, but it has happened. Yes, I have ticketed someone for something and then pull someone else doing the same thing and not ticket them. It's decretion. Here's an example: I pull a 16 year old for 50 in a 35. He gets a ticket. Why? Because he has very little experience driving and I would like to get his attention so that he can live to see 17. I pull a 60 year old man for 50 in a 35. He is not from the area and lost. He is trying to figure out where he is at and gets his mind off his speed. He gets a warning because the intent was not there. I figure I have about 8 to 10 more years to work, I bet I make a bunch more mistakes.

Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

I don't understand what you freeman folks are after. I disagree with big government and ours is certainly too big. I agree that our taxes are too high and are wasted for the most part. Having said that, I still don't understand you folks. Do you think that everyone should strap on a gun and when there is a dispute with anyone, you should just shoot it out? Do you live in a house with city water and sewer? Are you willing to have the water turned off? I think that you probably take advantage of every privelege you complain about and are not willing to do away with any. You are not willing to register your vehicle, but you are willing to buy highly taxed gasoline to make it run. Is this not fueling (pun intended) the same system that you want to see changed? If you really believe in what you are doing, then walk or ride a bike everywhere you go. Don't take public transportation because they pay a gas tax as well. As I said before, you folks are part of the problem, not the solution.
Seeashrink

IT IS YOU WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND..

The Promissory Note To Pay Our Debts
HJR-192 of June 5, 1933 is the promissory note (the promise of Abraham) the
government issued to balance the exchange to credit the people. The Promissory note is on
the debit side of the United States Governments ledger, which was a debited from their
credit, created by the Executive Order of April 5, 1933 when they took the gold out of
circulation. Public Policy is rooted in HJR-192 and is Grace that creates our exemption.
This is your temporal saving grace. Under grace, the law falls away to create a more perfect
contract. Public Policy removed the people's liability to make all payments by making a
contract null if it required the payment to be in substance, because the people didn't have
any money to pay with. All that must be done now is to discharge the liability. Pay and
discharge are similar words but the principles are as different as Old and New Testaments.
The word "pay" is equated with gold and silver, or something of substance like a first-born
lamb, which requires tangible work to be invested in it to remove the liability because an
execution must occur. The word "Discharge" is equated with paper, or even more basic,
simple credits and debits, that exist on paper only, like the slate held by the agents/angels
of heaven that get swiped clean. You cannot pay a bill with a bill and you cannot pay a debt
with a debt. What HJR-192 did was, remove the liability of an obligor (someone obligated to
pay a debt) by making it against Public Policy to pay debts. All that needs to be done now is
discharge the debit with an appropriate credit "dollar for dollar." Debt must be discharged
dollar for dollar in the same sense, as sin was discharged on the Cross. The moment a debt
exists, it must be written off. The catch is, we can't write off the debt because we are not in
possession of the account in deficit; our fiduciary agent is in possession of the account so
we must provide him with the tax return (by the return of the original offer) so the fiduciary
can discharge the liability through their internal revenue service (the bookkeeper). Most feel
that when the money was taken out of society, the people became the slaves, this is not
true, the people were freed from every obligation that society could create thus freeing the
people from any obligation which they may incur simply because we cannot pay a debt. Ask
yourself the question, What are you charging me with? And how do you expect Me to pay?
Simply said, there is no money, plain and simple for me to make the payment with and on
top of that, if I were to pay, who is paying Me to pay that guy and who's paying that guy and
so on... Public Policy is the supercedious bond because it limits our liability to pay. It is the
more perfect contract because it operates on grace to pay our debts after we have done all
that we can. We go as far as we can to fulfill the obligation (acceptance and tax return) and
after we have done all we can, mercy and grace kick in being our exemption to make the
payment. Grace creates our exemption in the industrial society so long as we accept the
charge.

We, as a society, have been lied to by the very "government" WE created to deal with OUR commercial affairs. WE, as humans, ARE NOT property of the "government/corporation", no matter what you may think.

Freeman are not idiots, although some do go too far. They have not done the research and are led around by their noses to do the dirty work of the shadow government, to make the rest of us, who care about OUR country, look bad. Simple really. I could explain so much here, but again, you have been indoctrinated to "believe" something that is absolutely NOT true. That is the sad part. Please read Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, Frederic Bastiat, Smedley D. Butler, Albert J. Nock and the likes who explain what it means to be free and RESPONSIBLE. In a proper society, all men are responsible and do not tread on another mans property or rights. That is it, NO POLICE NEEDED, so who "needs" the police? The government does to steal and subvert the populace into their control. Why is that so hard for you to see? Oh yea, that's right, you were on the other side and were indoctrinated. Again, so sad for you to not understand the passion for being a free and sovereign AMERICAN!!

When you take the uniform off you are no different than any other man. But sadly that is not how you behave.

I can not wait for the day when the crap hits the fan. It is going to be fun to watch.

Thomas Jefferson's Credo
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -- Letter to Dr. Benjamin Rush, Sept. 23, 1800

And one more...

“We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...[we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers... And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for [another]... till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery... And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train, wretchedness and oppression.”
Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
good post, OP.

As someone who had several bad experiences with traffic cops during my teens and early 20's, I know how frustrating it can be to go through this situation when you have to deal with a power-hungry officer who likes to bend the rules or be a little over-agressive in his approach to the situation. As I have matured, I have begun to take a better, fool-proof approach to these situation;

I start using my iPhone to record the entire incident, starting as soon as I pull over and put the vehicle in park. I have an app that allows me to record video and I hold my iPhone in my hand, but where the officer can clearly see that it is a cell phone. I record proof that my seatbelt is buckled. As soon as the officer approaches, I advise him that I am recording the entire incident with my iPhone, as advised by my attorney. I ask for his name and badge number and make sure that it is stated loud enough, or I will repeat it into my iPhone. I also politely ask for his supervisors name. I am courteous and follow his instructions. I never allow any search of my vehicle. I have been stopped several times and have always done this, and have never had any kind of problems. The officers have always been very professional once they know their actions are being recorded.

One other note, an attorney told me if you are pulled over and the officer is suspicious or over-agressive, you have the right to stay in your vehicle and call 911 and request another officer to be dispatched to the scene. I would suggest you record this situation as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Please reread your own post in the thread you created entitled " My absolute "last" post on the subject of LEOs!" dated 24.07.10 and i quote you "cost me my job and ruined a big portion of my life"

After being "fired" as a cop, you were rehired as a cop ?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Thanks.. btw I think you seem like a good guy.
I'm really really not a fan of cops because of the direction our country has been heading and in the last few years it seems to have gotten worse. Killings and tazerings that were just absurd. However if I had to be stopped, I'd probably prefer it be a cop like your.. especially one on ATS haha. If you read my earlier post in this thread though, I explained an experience I had with cops that really did not help my perception of them. You almost have to agree though that in some ways law enforcement has gotten out of hand and maybe the reins should be pulled in on even what you yourself are allowed to do as a cop. Mostly concerning searching without reasonably probably cause.
And a lot if not most cops abuse their power.
Anyway, thanks for answering.
edit on 16-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
It's good to see things from the other side. Thanks for posting.

What I take issue with is when you said driving is a privilege not a right. Maybe, if you use the term driving which in legal terms is a commercial activity. Travelling however is a right not a privilege. We all have the lawful right to travel. That's lawful not legal.

What the officer says is true. You have the right to travel (walk) anywhere you want within the confines of the US (well, outside restricted areas like the Whitehouse compound, private property etc.). Driving is a privilege reserved only for responsible persons.
edit on 16-1-2011 by wrkn4livn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
What the officer says is true. You have the right to travel (walk) anywhere you want within the confines of the US (well, outside restricted areas like the Whitehouse compound, private property etc.). Driving is a privilege reserved only for responsible persons.
edit on 16-1-2011 by wrkn4livn because: (no reason given)

This is what I have thought everytime I wrote one a ticket, for driver w/o license, expired tags, etc.

I have to agree with you here most of the "sovereigns" we have had problems with ended up being 96.

Secure

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by glimmerman

first of all dont tell people that you are not speaking with an officer and then to leave. you are not free at that point
the officer stopped you for a lawful reason. if you dont want to talk that is your right. if you go on here telling people to leave in the middle of a LAWFUL, LEGAL, you are looking at obstruction, felony pursuit if it turns into that.

just give over the required documentation go through the process and speak with your attorney about the situation if you feel it needs it

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

in my opinion its the crimnals who are getting out of hand and law enforcement is cracking down legally

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

they were justified based off the information they had at the time, this being based on what you are typing in

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

you remind me of the guy we found who went through a razor cable wire from running from the cops on a motorbike at 160mph, then we had to tell the family their child was dead because their son was driving so fast.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

i heard this story before from a friend of mine at ccja. tp?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

this depends on that state you live in. some states are strictly with the locality you apply for. NJ does this and it is a flawed process

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

nobody said LEOs are perfect. there are bad apples in law enforcement I have seen it first hand, however there are more good then bad and you know you can count on them when it hits the fan.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow2

Well are the cops taking it out on civilians because criminals are getting out of hand?
I mean in the last year I've seen sooo many videos and heard so many stories where cops kill or use excessive force on innocent people for no reason. Even the ones that aren't obeying or did break the law in the below videos and stories were met with unnecessary force where the cop could have easily taken control because they were elderly or children and the top two videos are flat our murder without cause.

Examples:

www.cbsnews.com...
(he got 7 days paid leave)

www.cbsnews.com...

www.kgw.com...

So?
edit on 16-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join