It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the ATS Staff get stalked?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
OMG - he just changed my water into wine. I'm still in shock. Someone pinch me!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
More and more, is this kind of idea coming to my attention. With the recent shooting, I am now questioning the craziness of my fellow ATS'rs.

-Baked

SimonGray was being tracked by the FBI and NSA

Oh yeah, QClearance did mention on the MIU board I was under major investigation. Sounds great, I'd love to see if they do some research or get my details from the FBI who have been checking me out for years now. I'm sure you all can tell from the image above, my IP is blocked out and my search begin in the UK, I guess that means the NSA is interested in me as well, but I already know that.
abovetopsecret.yuku.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I can stalk one of you in my spare time if you all want to be cool and feel wanted too... I will charge flags and stars.

Stalking has been made pretty simple.. scary simple. I had an ex that apparently didnt take rejection well. These days it goes way beyond old school stalking like sitting outside of your house and showing up at your job randomly... which is what I dealt with. Easier for the police to handle back then by far. Now you can pay a few bucks or/and access public info databases to stalk someone. My grandfather ( ex law enforcement) and I made a "check-a-mate" type little internet business a few years back. The problem was many of our requests were or much more than seeing if new boy or girlfriends were married, had been married, had a record, etc.... people wanted info that I wasnt comfortable with releasing. Needless to say, we could have made a mint on obsessed people... both romantic fixations and we had an issue with an ex mother in law that was obsessed with the ex daughter in law.

Ive since learned about a lot of things including geodata in photos folks upload to message boards and all of that that one can pinpint the exact long and lat where the pic was taken ( IE your house) ... youre not safe anymore if you arent really up on exactly what people with a screw loose can and cant do.. and to what length they will go to gain info. Its a power trip as much as an obsession I think. Id also think that the mods here and elsewhere are at pretty good risk for it.. people on these types of sites are passionate ( for lack of a better word) and I can imagine that some may center on a mod if they feel that they had been wronged in some obscure way.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well. I guess if anyone is more prepared to be bugged, trailed, and tracked, it's the average conspiracy theorist. We get so paranoid about white vans following us, when it changes from delusion to reality, we've had enough experience to be prepared.

-B

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

Exactly my point.

As to the stalking here, happened a few times. Nothing major, just constant messages with, in one instance, an offer to come by and drop something off at my office, implying that this person is here in NYC and knows where I work. They never came.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Was your ex a really mean guy? I would hate to get stalked by some net thug.... If they take the time to find you... they have some serious intentions.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

My ex was a sweet, pretty woman who was not ready to move on. She wasn't dangerous, just overly persistent and unwilling to let me go.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

My ex was a sweet, pretty woman who was not ready to move on. She wasn't dangerous, just overly persistent and unwilling to let me go.

Yeah, things can get pretty crazy when that happens....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e820d6f30417.jpg[/atsimg]

CX

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Although i'm not staff, i have on occasion seen information posted around the web about staff/management here that i feel goes way and beyond just a normal bitch session.

Family members have been mentioned, private details that just do not belong in anyone elses business.

It's sad and pathetic that people can become so bitter that they have to resort to this kind of behaviour.

Good job the management here have broad shoulders, others would have handled it very differently.

CX.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
How creepy!

This is a great site and I wish everyone safe fun and enlightenment

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

That is horrible. My husband and I have been stalked on the web. It was pretty creepy. They even set up tracking pages on a well-known site to gather personal information. The creator of the site had to intervene and then it died down. I am afraid it will all start up again when he releases his new book (we are Christians) but it comes with the territory. People should really be allowed to express ideas and manage their own websites without being harassed. Sadly, it happens all the time.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You people have no idea of how bad it can get, lol.

But the net has made it worse, and info is so much more available today.

Sick world

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I got nothin'.

I'm lucky if my dogs come to me when I call them.

Not complaining, I'm perfectly content to remain obscure, unimportant, and benignly neglected.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Exactly, thats the right attitude.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
How creepy!

I wasn't meaning to be creepy. I just wonder where Hollywood get their ideas from sometimes.

Isn't there some saying about Life imitating Art, or Art imitating Life, something like that?

Like this timeless "Moll" lover/stalker character, you think they just dreamed her up from nowhere?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I understand you have a big problem with organised / proxy stalking Andy would you care to elaborate on the realities of everyday life?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Resurrectio

I'll never forget what we had......never!

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Dr Love is a girl?

We've been Yentled!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>