It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death twits against Sarah Palin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
If it was as you suggest, I would have expected to see evidence of vitriol on both sides. No?

There’s evidence of vitriol on both sides, abundantly, right here on ATS — so much so that SkepticOverlord posted a warning and reminder to all members — and you being an intelligent member are undoubtedly well aware of this. If you mean that the OP should have posted examples of both, I quite frankly don’t think he needed to, but I guess it’s a valid request.

I applaud the balance of your sentiment but also feel everything that you do has repercussions. It comes back to you one way or another.

My comments never meant to imply that people shouldn’t be held responsible for their words or that no repercussions should occur.

What I am saying is that the most serious repercussion that someone who expresses their views, no matter how ignorant or intolerant, should suffer is that their views gather no sympathy from others, that they are ignored or ridiculed; and those that choose to participate in the political arena, that they don’t succeed politically.

People, whether it’s Sarah Palin or Rep. Giffords, should not have to fear for their lives for expressing their views or attempting to talk to their constituents. That is all I’m saying.

edit on 14-1-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

"Death Tweets" what a joke. Not exactly the same as an "assassination attempt." Geez is there an Uzi app for iPhones? Not.

Although I'm not sure on the purpose of this thread if the goal was to evoke sympathy, I'm afraid I'm fresh out. Mine all went to the victims and their families. Karma is a boomerang.

ETA: Just noticed thread title. I suspect it was the twits who tweeted?

That was my transgression, KK. ( We need a red face smilie. ) I'm not up to this 'newest-brand-of-the-week' picture phone and the accompanying lingo. But ''twits' sounded fitting....

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
HAHA someone called her a "white bitch".

I think we should all settle down a little. I cannot stomach the ignorant meiopic woman either, but to say that you hope she gets Cancer? Man that's cold. What would killing her accomplish? A war perhaps.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
My reply is social commentary in response to social commentary:

BTW, as of this writing the linked video in OP had just over 600 views. That fact could EASILY be spun either way.

Most of my extended female family members adore Sarah Palin not because of her politics but rather the way she has successfully emasculated Todd.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Stormdancer posted this thread days ago...in case you want to read the comments in there too.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Applause to all who find this rhetoric disgusting.
And greater applause to those that don't like her, but still find it disgusting.

YOU are the reason I will come back to this site. Agree or disagree with her politics, but wishing harm should never be endorsed or encouraged.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Harm? Some of those tweets are calling for torturing Cancer and massive suffering prior to death. I would think harm is an upgrade. I wonder how many of those ppl are seriously capable of murder, or are they simply talking junk?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Hey, she is a conservative.

Death threats are fine if they are conservative or republicans. Didn't you get the memo?

'Put Rick Scott Against the Wall and Shoot Him'

See, this is what a typical Democrat representative will say and get no backlash,

By "Typical Dem rep" you mean former dem rep ...who no one has heard of? Who said in an OpEd in a local PA paper? ANd who got his ass handed to him becuase of it and issued an official apology?

As for Palin...death threats are not OK...

Here is a sampling of what Pres. Obama puts up with on twitter on a daily basis...

gawker.com...

People say stupid stuff and apparently Twitter allows them to say it twice as fast....

Unless you have a plan to change social media, not sure what the point of the thread is?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
This is disgusting. America is like a pot getting ready to boil over...

So someone compiles a bunch of random opinions by a minority and that is somehow the general thought of America now?

Seriously, grow up! I've heard plenty of Republicans screaming about assassinating Assange.
And ALL OF YOUR ELECTED support killing "suspects" on foreign soil by using drones!

So if you really want to talk about how messed up America is, ask yourself why Americans are so ignorant to the fact that their government is murdering people in cold blood. Ask why this gets so much air time while your military and political leaders face no protests over footage of soldiers killing innocent people.
Ask why some of your elected officials can openly call for the murder of an individual. They are your elected officials, claiming to oversee a democratic, free nation, and they are calling for assassinations!

Of all the things about America that SHOULD make you sick, a video of less than 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Americans spouting nonsense on a website should be the least of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Although I'm not sure on the purpose of this thread if the goal was to evoke sympathy, I'm afraid I'm fresh out.

I think we should give the OP the benefit of the doubt, don’t you think? I think the purpose of the thread is to show that the quality of the discourse is at an all-time low, and the level of hatred and intolerance at an all-time high, on all sides of the political spectrum. If that’s indeed the point, I think it’s very valid.

You are correct, aptness. The purpose was to take a timeout to examine where we are going. Some of the stuff I've seen posted against Palin is crazy. Even attacking her Downs Syndrome baby, for goodness's sake. What is the point of that?

Maybe she isn't the best citizen we've got, but she is a hell of a lot better than many of us. Our nation should welcome all voices, even the least voices.

Her use of crosshairs, etc., is old hat. Stuff like that has been used for years; she's not the first. And she's not responsible for JLL... if he goes off the edge, it's his own fault.

I think Sarah Palin is totally unqualified for any public office and that she has hurt the quality of the national discourse,

Oh baloney. She's more qualified than you. Or KK. Or many others here on ATS, simply because she isn't burdened with such a huge baggage of hate like you guys are.
statements of her own.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Maybe she isn't the best citizen we've got, but she is a hell of a lot better than many of us. Our nation should welcome all voices, even the least voices.

Her use of crosshairs, etc., is old hat. Stuff like that has been used for years; she's not the first. And she's not responsible for JLL... if he goes off the edge, it's his own fault.

FROM APTNESS:
I think Sarah Palin is totally unqualified for any public office and that she has hurt the quality of the national discourse,

Oh baloney. She's more qualified than you. Or KK. Or many others here on ATS, simply because she isn't burdened with such a huge baggage of hate like you guys are.
statements of her own.

Well I can only speak for myself when I say I'm not a past, present or future political figure. To compare the standards of an average citizen to those with political aspirations is patently absurd. I would expect those seeking office be held to higher standards.

But thanks for inclusion in your wholesale mischacterizations. Reminds me of a food buffet with plenty bigoted, fattening calories, but lacking any healthy objectivity. Yum.

edit on 20-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: ADD CLARITY

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

It’s not a question of being better than me, I don’t need to better than anyone to comment on what I think are their qualifications, vel non, for office. Also, I am not running for office.

I’m unsure from what you derive your claim that I have a “huge baggage of hate.” I think Palin is completely unqualified, has done absolutely nothing to elevate the quality of the discourse in America, on the contrary actually, and yet I’m defending her right to say whatever she wishes.

Where I come from that’s called tolerance and being true to a fundamental principle of our Constitution.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

It’s not a question of being better than me, I don’t need to better than anyone to comment on what I think are their qualifications, vel non, for office. Also, I am not running for office.

I’m unsure from what you derive your claim that I have a “huge baggage of hate.” I think Palin is completely unqualified, has done absolutely nothing to elevate the quality of the discourse in America, on the contrary actually, and yet I’m defending her right to say whatever she wishes.

Where I come from that’s called tolerance and being true to a fundamental principle of our Constitution.

I don't really care what you think about Palin. I doubt very much that anyone else here does either. The only thing that comments like those do is to incite a fury of very childish remarks about her and her family, from other sophomoric individuals. The level of thought that goes into those comments is very, very low.

The fact that you defend her 1st amendment right is meaningless, also, because it doesn't matter if you defend it or want to rip it away from her - you are powerless to affect her. Declaring that you defend her rights is merely an attempt by you to appear....patriotic? Something.

So, yeah, there's a lot of hate there. We're all humans, we have to get along, so what purpose does your bile-spewing serve? She's doing the best she can with what God gave her, so think about that, when you do the same with what you have. And try a little harder to make the world a little better, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join