It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death twits against Sarah Palin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is disgusting. America is like a pot getting ready to boil over...

WARNING: Strong Adult Language

edit on 13-1-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is horrifying how can you make death threats against this person she has nothing to do with these arizona shootings. If you hate her then you don't have to make these threats. I tell you what this is a terrible situation at the moment. Some people are so digusting these people think it ok to make these threats. It not.It really makes my anger fume.This really is horrible.

edit on 13-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a) lol at "death twits"

b) i don't like sarah palins views and her broken doctrine

c) sarah palin a hottie

d) death threats ? is just wrong i don't care if its hitler . Anyone who utters death threats to others are just as bad as the people they crititize.

e)Palin dumb yea but to have harm come to her is not just not right nor acceptable behavoir . Even joking about it is not really funny .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I despise Palin, but only wish her political harm, not physical.. emotional all the way.. make those powerful egos suffer a little bit.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't like Sarah Palin. She reminds me of Roseanne Barr. Those cross hairs on her poster look a lot like the symbol white supremacists use.

open.salon.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Okay, I can't stand the lady, she's a hypocrite, a joke, and needs to go away, but she does not need to die, does not need to get cancer, geez, people, wishing ill for her and he family is wrong. She had nothing to do with this tragedy, and no media that I've heard has said she did. What they have said is that demonizing people who have differing political views has gone too far, and the gun lingo is in bad taste. The fact that she and her ilk now say that they are being demonized and could be put in danger because of it is hilarious and sad all at the same time. People have got to get over the idea that anyone who's not in your political party is your enemy. It's like being in kindergarten, and the politicians are the ones perpetrating it, but don't dare call them out on it. I was republican for 25 years, I changed this last election because frankly most of them seem to have lost their minds, but I still don't want them to die.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"Death Tweets" what a joke. Not exactly the same as an "assassination attempt." Geez is there an Uzi app for iPhones? Not.

Although I'm not sure on the purpose of this thread if the goal was to evoke sympathy, I'm afraid I'm fresh out. Mine all went to the victims and their families. Karma is a boomerang.

ETA: Just noticed thread title. I suspect it was the twits who tweeted?

edit on 13-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: added content

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Nice post. These comments on the video makes me wonder why ATS is under scrutiny. The conspiracy theorists on these boards seem to have more common sense and decency than many twitter or social network sites have. Yet, the media seems to always target conspiracy theorists while twitter comments preaching hate abound on the net. I would much rather talk about aliens than talk with people who post junk like is in that video.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Although I'm not sure on the purpose of this thread if the goal was to evoke sympathy, I'm afraid I'm fresh out.

I think we should give the OP the benefit of the doubt, don’t you think? I think the purpose of the thread is to show that the quality of the discourse is at an all-time low, and the level of hatred and intolerance at an all-time high, on all sides of the political spectrum. If that’s indeed the point, I think it’s very valid.

Mine all went to the victims and their families. Karma is a boomerang.

I think Sarah Palin is totally unqualified for any public office and that she has hurt the quality of the national discourse, but there is absolutely no justification to not completely object and repudiate death threats or threats of violence against anyone, even to someone as intolerant as Sarah Palin and having made violent rhetoric filled statements of her own.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
This is disgusting. America is like a pot getting ready to boil over...

People always post insensitive and insulting things online while hiding behind their perceived anonymity.
It's not really that surprising to know.

The best thing to do is to NOT get bent out of shape about it.
Let twitter and their T&C handle that.

P.S. Welcome to "free speech" and "internet jerks", Sarah!
Hope you make it through the rough experience emotionally unscathed.

You'd be amazed by what they say online about our current president.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by staver

Agree.

The idea of fellow Americans as somehow the "enemy" is what is tearing apart the nation. "Enemies" are constantly at "war"; enemies are meant to be killed. Enemies are meant to be attacked, conquered, only one side victorious, no compromise. Enemies are demeaned.

Nixon's "enemies list(s)" sit almost quaint next to what today's politicians dish out, and certainly citizens respond in kind.

No one should be subjected to these threats.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Although I'm not sure on the purpose of this thread if the goal was to evoke sympathy, I'm afraid I'm fresh out.

I think we should give the OP the benefit of the doubt, don’t you think? I think the purpose of the thread is to show that the quality of the discourse is at an all-time low, and the level of hatred and intolerance at an all-time high, on all sides of the political spectrum. If that’s indeed the point, I think it’s very valid.
As I said, I'm not sure of the purpose. If it was as you suggest, I would have expected to see evidence of vitriol on both sides. No? Until then, 'benefit of doubt' withheld. Coolio?

I think Sarah Palin is totally unqualified for any public office and that she has hurt the quality of the national discourse, but there is absolutely no justification to not completely object and repudiate death threats or threats of violence against anyone, even to someone as intolerant as Sarah Palin and having made violent rhetoric filled statements of her own.
I agree regarding her qualifications or lack thereof. I applaud the balance of your sentiment but also feel everything that you do has repercussions. It comes back to you one way or another.
edit on 13-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: tidy up

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hey, she is a conservative.

Death threats are fine if they are conservative or republicans. Didn't you get the memo?

'Put Rick Scott Against the Wall and Shoot Him'

See, this is what a typical Democrat representative will say and get no backlash, but my Lord if someone has a map with "targeted" districts for political purposes.

Cognitive dissonance

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Gosh, who said that awful horrible thing? It must have been a prominent leader of the Democratic party. Also, like Palin I am sure this person restated his threat over and over again and stood behind it instead of appologizing for his reprehnsible words, right? Just feels like something is missing for context here.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Palin aide: She’s getting death threats at unprecedented levels

hotair.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Wow, you used cognitive dissonance and moral and power relativism in that statement. You must be so proud.

Well I guess someone saying to "attack their enemies" is fine too.

Carry on, you expose yourself with every comment.

But please quit exposing yourself, it is embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Obviously a result of all the prominent Democrats and leftwing radio and tv personalites calling for her death. I am having trouble completing my list of names for that though so any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Someone who constantly wishes harms upon other American's needs to be removed from the equation. Palin is a threat to this nation. She abandoned AK when things got too hairy. Is this the idiot you want running the nation?

Good for people for finally seeing through her pre fab facade and calling her out for what she truly is, a warmonger and a threat to the institution of democracy and democratic rule. She needs to go away and enjoy private life and stay out of politics.
edit on 14-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Also, did you get a good look at the Democratic US map with crosshairs over Republican candidates? And didn't you hear the leftwing call for 2cd Amendment remedies to take out rightwing politicians? No? I must have missed it, too.

We used to call people like Palin a "reactionary", and they made up the "fringe" of the GOP. The last 3 decades has been as if the GOP was shaken up like a soda, and now, with the stopper taken off the bottle, the reactionary ingredients are exploding out uncontrollably.

When we all used to be "loyal opposition" not enemies, the tone of politics was civil. Now it's come down to, "Go **** yourself!", as said by Mr. Cheney...he must have missed the etiquette lesson where one used to preface one's talk with, "The good gentleman from...".

Dear God, how I miss those days.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So some people behind a keyboard typed some stuff that was offensive, it's just another day on the internet. I swear people are just going out of their ways to find things to be outraged by now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join