It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Particle Collider Shutting Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

(Discover) It’s the beginning of the end for the Tevatron at Fermilab.

In the fall, the Department of Energy’s High Energy Physics Advisory Panel recommended that the Tevatron be funded to run for three years beyond the planned end in September of 2011, largely in order to provide additional information in the search for the Higgs boson. The recommendation was contingent on there being new funds, about 5% above current levels, in order to staff and operate the machine and the experiments.

But in a letter today to the chair of HEPAP, the head of the Office of Science at the Department of Energy, William Brinkman, wrote that “Unfortunately, the current budgetary climate is very challenging, and additional funding has not been identified. Therefore…operation of the Tevatron will end in FY2011, as originally scheduled.”

The rest of the world is fast exceeding the United States in scientific capabilities, and no matter how you slice it, we're becoming less and less viable on the world scientific stage.

We're reaping the rewards of an intentionally retarding education system. I really hope we can pick ourselves up by the bootstraps before it's too late. It may already be.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think they are probably expecting to have a world government by 2015. I would expect that you will probably see many more joint government projects funded to that result.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Very sad but to be expected with our intentionally( deliberately?) waning nationalism.Our leaders are quick to tell us we are citizens of the world. Borders are so 20th century...Along with the idea constitutionally protected individual rights have no place in the new sustainable global millennium.

BOY SCOUTS NOW TRAINING THEIR SCOUTS TO BE GOOD GLOBAL CITIZENS!! SO THEY CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE NEW WORLD ORDER!
For those of us who were Boy Scouts a few decades ago, this article is going to shock you into disbelief. The Boy Scouts are teaching their young Scouts that, while it is good to be an American citizen, it is time to recognize that we are also global citizens. After all, as their Merit Badge booklet, "Citizenship In The World", states, the world has now entered into a "New World Order". Our children are not safe in public schools anymore, in many of our liberal churches, and now they are not safe in the Boy Scouts of America.

The New World Order is coming! Are you ready? Once you understand what this New World Order really is, and how it is being gradually implemented, you will be able to see it progressing in your daily news!!
Learn how to protect yourself, your loved ones!
Stand by for insights so startling
you will never look at the news the same way again.
YOU ARE NOW ON
THE CUTTING EDGE

The Boy Scouts of America is a unique American organization that has trained generations of young American boys to be men. The most fundamental Christian principles were thoroughly upheld by the Boy Scouts, as well as practical training in a wide variety of areas, including Camping and Survival training. Many a young man has discovered, once he was in the military, that much of his Boy Scout training came in mighty handy!! Generation after generation of American parents have instinctively trusted the Boy Scouts to properly train their young sons.

Well, that period of blind faith is now over!! The Boy Scouts of America has joined the ranks of many other American institutions in training children to be good global citizens of the New World Order! All my quotes in this article are going to be taken from a Merit Badge booklet entitled, "Citizenship In The World"., copyright 1995, Boy Scouts of America, Irving, Texas, ISBN 0-8395-3260-1.

As usual, this booklet contains 95% good solid information that every young American boy should know; however, that 5% New World Order conditioning is absolutely damning. The hardest lie to confront is the one that contains mostly truth, and that is the situation facing us here in this Merit Badge booklet. In the sections I am going to quote, I feel as though I were reading from an occult book bought from a New Age bookstore on the subject of the global New World Order![/EX]

INTRODUCTION

MoreAT

www.cuttingedge.org...
edit on 13-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

join