It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan girl raped, killed by US troops

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Let me make it CLEAR in simple english.....

HAVE ANY FEMALE MILITARY PERSONEL EVER COMMITTED RAPE IN AFGHANISTAN OR IRAQ???

I never once said women don't rape, I said there is a difference between women capable of rape and women actually committing rape. I also said the statistics speak for themselves when comparing men v women committing these sexual offences. Obviously men own it!

Now rather than admit American soldiers should be brought to justice for committing these rapes, you throw dirt on it by turning this in to an argument as to men v women! This is not a game!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by MMPI2

I have never heard of servicewomen committing rape....

Buddy, you said this, and then I posted the following:

I'll refer you to the Abu Gharaib scandal...and the famous case of SPC Lynndie England. See the image below: Now, it was not documented that she forced any of the prisoners at the Abu Gharaib facility to sexually penetrate her, it is clear in the indictments and in the media that she forced them to masturbate, used very coercive means to cause them to engage in homosexual acts, and that she was involved in videotaping the odd sexual activities. Women rape. Period. They rape each other, and they rape males as well. Is the incidence of known sexual assault among females as high as that among men? Of course not, for a variety of reasons I will not go into here. It very definitely does occur.

Then you followed up with these rather remarkable statements:

Nice try but she did'nt commit rape. If women in general do commit rape....the number would be less than 0.0000001

I, being the genius that I am, retorted thusly:

Dude, did you even read the entirety of my post? It was not a "try": it is fact. BTW, if the genders were reversed in these circumstances, it would have been called rape and sexual torture. Women are capable of rape, and women are convicted of rape. In most circumstances, the sexual assaults women commit are perpetrated against children and minors. Follow the Link below: Female rapists and perpetration of sex crimes by women - 2007 National criminal justice statistics reveal that of all adults and juveniles who come to the attention of the authorities for sex crimes, females account for less than 10% of these cases (FBI, 2006). Specifically, arrests of women represent only 1% of all adult arrests for forcible rape and 6% of all adult arrests for other sex offenses. Furthermore.... Parallel data concerning adolescent sex offenders indicate that females are responsible for 3% of forcible rape cases and 5% of other violent sex offenses – and 19% of non-violent sex offenses...

Then you spouted THIS!!!

There is a difference between saying women are capable of rape and actually committing rape. I dont doubt women have raped but the number is sooooooooooooooooooo tiny. Women raping children? Again, the number is hardly worth a mention when we know males OWN the statistics a million fold. Now don't try and turn this around to suit your own purposes!!! Soldiers RAPING Iraqi and Afghani girls.....I'm yet to hear of one single case where a female soldier committed rape upon Iraqi and Afghani girls - or boys/men for that matter. Now grow up and stick to the original thread or find another.

Dude, the DOJ numbers clearly state that females are responsible for 3% of forcible rape cases and 5% of other violent sex offenses – and 19% of non-violent sex offenses!!

At every turn, you have back-tracked and double-dribbled when you have been caught in a factual faux-pas. YOU ARE WRONG!!!!! Your book-cooking antics are getting to the point of being comical!!!

To continue....

Your pal VICKY chimed in with the following nonsense:

I am reminded of the doofus obsessing about the idea that women can and do commit rape - I wonder what his issue is - guilt maybe? Only a man could possibly think that being 'destructive' is something to be proud of. In answer to that particular doofus btw, women don't commit rape. Claiming they do is an absurdity. Women have been charged with abetting rape committed by their husbands/boyfriends and even captors, but that is not the same thing.

What the heck???!!!??? What color is the sky in your world?

The following is yours, after you finally, apparently took the time to read the empirical study of female perpetrated sexual assault:

I just read that.......proves nothing try again come on, give us some real data but let's put in on another thread as this thread is about American soldiers raping Afghani girls.

On at least four occasions in about the same number of pages, you were WRONG. Your statements were WRONG. Your thesis is WRONG Your reasoning is WRONG.

Backtracking is anti-intellectual and dishonest. Anybody that reads this knows you are being dishonest.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Wow, 3% of all rapes are committed by women ? LMAO

So by your own admission, 97% of all rapes are committed by men.

Your game is OVER pal !!!

As for your other subject, the female soldier may have committed a sexual offence during torture (thats common place among the military and intelligence agencies who commit torture) but she did'nt commit rape; in fact she was ordered to do what she did (blame Rumsfield for that fiasco) - I personally would had refused such orders and resigned from the military then and there; but like I said earlier, American soldiers are not well desciplined and never refuse an order especially when they know it's morally and ethically wrong on all counts.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Again...wrong:

If women in general do commit rape....the number would be less than 0.0000001

The DOJ numbers clearly state that females are responsible for 3% of forcible rape cases and 5% of other violent sex offenses – and 19% of non-violent sex offenses.

In the world of most people who are able to count, 3%, 5% and 19% are more than "0.0000001".

My game is hardly over. Yours, however, has just come to a screeching halt. I'm sorry to have had to take it to embarrass and humiliate you like this, but I have had no other choice.

Women do commit rape. Lynndie England committed rape in Abu Gharaib. If a male committed the same acts she committed, a rape charge would have been lodged, and it would have been justified. Period. These were sex crimes and everybody knows it. Blaming her superiors won't excuse it, just like it didn't excuse the concentration camp guards and the SS officers that were tried and convicted for this kind of stuff.

Again, to the original topic, US forces certainly commit crimes. About this there is no doubt. You can not, however, demonize a group of servicemen and servicewomen in a kneejerk fashion without expecting some blowback from those of us that know better.

We know with 100% certainty that, as a group, american sailors, soldiers and airmen commit crimes at home and abroad much less frequently that their same-age peers in the population.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
In answer to that particular doofus btw, women don't commit rape. Claiming they do is an absurdity. Women have been charged with abetting rape committed by their husbands/boyfriends and even captors, but that is not the same thing.
Vicky
I've been starring all your posts here, and you are right that rape by women is very rare. When it does happen, it's all most always statutary rape, with the guys being eager teenagers.

However in the recent Bendigo case a 16 year old girl joined in with raping a young mother, after setting the young mum up in the first place by begging her to put her and her little brother up for the night. The older males, all friends of hers, followed in another car.

The girl, by the way, along with all the males involved, was a middle eastern refugee, presumably Muslim.

Mum raped by seven as her kids slept nearby

Detective Senior Constable Christopher Reed of the sexual crimes squad said the alleged victim, who lives locally, left her children with a babysitter while she went with a friend to two Bendigo clubs, the HuHa Club and the Star Bar. As she was leaving the Star Bar at about 2am, she met a 16-year-old girl, who introduced her to the group. The men then came back to the woman's house, joining the 16-year-old girl and the babysitter there.
. . . . .
A video recorded on one of the men's mobile phones shows the victim being grabbed in her kitchen, with the 16-year-old trying to pull her into the laundry. "She can be clearly heard saying no," Constable Reed said.

The footage shows the 16-year-old and 14-year-old persisting in trying to shepherd the woman into the laundry while she pushes them away.

Mr Gar allegedly lifted the victim's skirt and pulled her underwear down while she tried to kick him away. Constable Reed said the group was laughing while Mr Gar digitally raped the woman.

She was then taken into the laundry where Mr El Nour and the 16-year-old allegedly held her down while Mr Manon and the 17-year-old raped her. The 16-year-old is also accused of slapping her and digital rape.

No doubt Australian Imams will blame the victim yet again and hold up the 16 year old as a model of virtuous behaviour for wearing a headscarf, being accompanied by a male relative, and doing what the males told her without question.

You are right though, Vicky, that it was basically a rape organised by males, and she was most likely only joining in because she was under their influence.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by Vicky32

Women are certainly capable of rape and other sexual offenses, and their victims are typically younger than they are.

Of course some women are going to be capable of rape, but from your source:

Specifically, arrests of women represent only 1% of all adult arrests for forcible rape

As we're discussing forcible rape by adults in this thread, it looks like Vicki's estimate is pretty close to the mark.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I've been starring all your posts here, and you are right that rape by women is very rare. When it does happen, it's all most always statutary rape, with the guys being eager teenagers.

Man, you people are such blatant sexists! This is potentially one of the most sexist and gender biased statements I have ever read!! Not to mention the intellectual dishonesty inherent to the statement!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Well, MMP12, it's a bit like a train trip I once had. A bunch of guys were harrassing me really badly, and after half an hour of this screamed out that I was a lesbian.
I answered them calmly that I'd not been a lesbian when I got on the train, and if I was when I got off, everyone else in the carriage would understand why.

Everyone but those six idiots laughed.

If you want to object to me starring posts I agree with, try complaining to the mods.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The DOJ numbers clearly state that females are responsible for 3% of forcible rape cases and 5% of other violent sex offenses – and 19% of non-violent sex offenses.

You are blatantly lying.

From your article:

Female Sex Offenders

Specifically, arrests of women represent only 1% of all adult arrests for forcible rape and 6% of all adult arrests for other sex offenses.

. .. .
Parallel data concerning adolescent sex offenders indicate that females are responsible for 3% of forcible rape cases and 5% of other violent sex offenses – and 19% of non-violent sex offenses – handled by the juvenile courts annually (Snyder & Sickmund, 2006).

Way to go, lamely claiming U.S. juvenile case stats are stats for women in general.
No wonder you didn't include the link in this post.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
reply to post by MMPI2

Well, MMP12, it's a bit like a train trip I once had. A bunch of guys were harrassing me really badly, and after half an hour of this screamed out that I was a lesbian.
I answered them calmly that I'd not been a lesbian when I got on the train, and if I was when I got off, everyone else in the carriage would understand why.

Everyone but those six idiots laughed.

If you want to object to me starring posts I agree with, try complaining to the mods.

Nah, I wouldn't complain to the mods or object to you starring posts you agree with. Certainly not. Actually, as I believe as I have mentioned to you before, I like the way you think in lots of discusisions.

What I would do, however, is vociferously object to you starring or agreeing with posts or statements which are factually untrue and obviously incorrect!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

You are blatantly lying.

From your article:

Female Sex Offenders

Specifically, arrests of women represent only 1% of all adult arrests for forcible rape and 6% of all adult arrests for other sex offenses.

. .. .
Parallel data concerning adolescent sex offenders indicate that females are responsible for 3% of forcible rape cases and 5% of other violent sex offenses – and 19% of non-violent sex offenses – handled by the juvenile courts annually (Snyder & Sickmund, 2006).

Way to go, lamely claiming U.S. juvenile case stats are stats for women in general.
No wonder you didn't include the link in this post.

LOL. Good try.

Last time I checked, female is female. Your buddy said no females were responsible for rapes. Again, I would agree with you if you were right, but you are obviously not.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So, going back on-topic for just a moment, have we yet established that this actually happened?

Every other source that I have come across is using PressTV as their own source, which is not a particularly good sign.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
So, going back on-topic for just a moment, have we yet established that this actually happened?

Every other source that I have come across is using PressTV as their own source, which is not a particularly good sign.

No, It has not been substantiated in any way.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Your game IS over pal!!!!!

You ALWAYS avoid the actually title of the thread.

This is NOT about how whether women are capable of rape and those who actually commit it but it's about the violent sexual criminal act on women and young girls in Afghanistan by American soldiers.

How would you like it if Islam invaded your country, invaded your home then violently raped and bashed your daughters in front of you then shoot your girls dead???

DO YOU UNDERSTAND simple bloody written English???

Whats the hell is the matter with some of the males on this thread?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join