It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I promise that I will do my best to be more
courteous to others.I will refrain from using
the line...talk to my paw.
I usually only bite when provoked.I will put
more effort into curbing my sharp tongue.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Excellent thread, it is good to be reminded of the playing field from time to time. With a lot of these difficult topics it is common for emotions to get the better of reason, especially for those who are new to some of the subject matter. Overall I have found the quality of the mods to be doing a great job at keeping the discussion on track. For members that continue to break T&C and start new accounts, temporarily banning the IP address may work to help limit the mods work. This does get technical and may not work in all cases.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Obviously a ploy by ATS to bring in more censorship..
Next it will be "pat downs" to login..

BTW, I hope humour is still permitted.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Okay, okay... I will be very nice... wait... I already am!

Cool.

I think what you are doing is awsome - this will weed out a lot of people that are being sent to terrorize this site.

I have been a member since 2007, so thank you for the heads up!

Kroms33

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thanks to the 3 amigos for this amazing site!
I hate all this s*** slinging going on at the minute, but it's still not as bad as GLP

Mods are doing a great job atm

edit on 13-1-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with everyone else that is supportive of this site. We need to remain civil; otherwise, we are just as bad as the politicians.

I, too, have been a member here for quite a while. I've changed accounts a few times (I think this is my third) because I forgot the other ones. I was away for a while, but have been getting back into the ATS-mode of thinking.

The Army is good at making a person forget what is real and what is "real". Thank you ATS, that includes all the staff and members, for helping me to regain that clarity of thought again.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I originally posted this in another thread, but the forum in which it was posted prevents me from providing you with a link, nonetheless:

I think we should consider this current influx as an opportunity to inform/educate/awaken that many more people in the world. Albeit the influx stems from tragedy, nevertheless, as seasoned members we should embrace the opportunity.

ATS, or any forum where there is a membership base is ALWAYS going to have bad seeds. Our Mods and Staff are Pros at what they do imo.

Let's embrace it, the staff will deal with the Ne're do wells as they always do.

Even if the effort resulted in only one new member being awakened (if you will), that is one more individual that we can add to the ever growing number.

I feel it applies in this thread as well.

edit on 1/13/2011 by UberL33t because: typos

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I understand. This site is far more courteous and sane than a lot of other forums. Good job.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The trolls seem to be out in droves today.

Been a while since I seen so many red stickers in one thread.

Way to prove the point though.

Thanks for the update SO and staff. I've seen the rise in new members, not really the heated rhetoric; although I've stayed out of most of the threads that have popped up about this whole Arizona tragedy.

I guess it will be a few weeks ( or until the next news cycle) before we can discuss this with some level of maturity and dignity towards our fellow posters.

Nice to see you all have our back.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This too shall pass and we can get back to saving the world.

May I take this opportunity to apologize if I've ever been part of the problem.

I shall do better.

And if it weren't for the administration and moderators I would not still be a member.

In my humble opinion this is the best forum I've ever been a part of.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Are you kidding me?

6 people banned in this very thread?

I wanted to read what others have posted and what ideas they may have to maintain the integrity of this site and I'm blown away by the actions of these few.

I'm not criticising the ownership or the MODS at all. The exact opposite in fact; I think this is a perfect example of the things we are going to see more of in the comming days.

Unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

In my humble opinion this is the best forum I've ever been a part of.

It is true though, it's like a community here and it's something I'm actually proud to be part of!
DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Proving A Point

Originally posted by [davinci]
6 people banned in this very thread?

Threads like these are classic troll-bait.

Which, ironically enough, makes our job easier.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sounds reasonable to me SO, hope to see more of you on the forum this year and not just to chastise unruly members, no reply necessary!

(P.S. I will do my best to behave...)
edit on 13-1-2011 by antar because: Edit to say Oh My goodness, posted after reading the OP... back to read the whole thread now...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

You should run them weekly perhaps.

It just floors me that something a simple as 'be nice' would drive 6 people over the edge.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

It was probably the same person just creating a new account to agravate the mods.

Once banned, just sign up again and rinse, wash, repeat.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I concur fully, it was the same person.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Indeed. The pattern is too obvious. must be using an IP spoofer or some such to get around the ban. Some people have no life.
edit on 1-13-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

written like a true gentleman, thank you for the reminder in these trying times to help us all keep our head together. Things do get pretty hot in here sometimes thats for sure, more recently than ever.

I hope everyone heeds these words and not to take offense to this. If anything we should all respect the common ground we share no matter what country we post from is that we all come here to ATS to share news, and learn new things........

GUNSHOOTER out!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Thank you for being on top of this. I come here daily to read, but rarely comment. I may decide to participate more if I see that people are a little more respectful in what they post. There are many good people here who have much to contribute to all of us, and I appreciate their determination to keep others informed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join