It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What are all of the extreme signs on here for. I don't get that other then that this is a great website just joined. Thanks for everything.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mentors17

Those "extreme" signs are placed on posts that severely violate the terms and conditions of the site.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It's been my observation that when somebody's being rude or engaging in a personal attack, the most effective thing you can say to them is "I see that you're being rude," or "I see that you're engaging in a personal attack."

By not taking the bait, by not responding the their specific statements, you win, because you're sending the message that their insults aren't even worth dignifying with a response.

To the ATS moderators and admin staff, I say THANK YOU for doing such a thankless job. To everybody else here, I encourage you to give the moderators and admin the benefit of the doubt if they do something you don't like. I've belonged to forums with bad moderators, and this ain't one of them.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
While it is sad that you would have to even post a topic to remind people that civility is the order of the day, it's even sadder that in that post I'm seeing so many T&C banners.

Skeptic Overlord, you run a top notch site here, whatever you need to do to keep it at the top of it's game is well welcomed by me, and I will do my part to make sure I don't cross the line, and will cheerfully accept the consequences if I happen to (I Have a flash temper, I'm well known for spewing out when cornered LOL)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sad that we have to remind to be civil however I suppose it is those times. Hopefully most rude members will tire of playing games on ATS and move along.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Looks to me like a lone ranger, or at the most two people, creating new account after new account, running in, firing an entire salvo, then getting banned, all in just a couple of minutes. It'll probably stop pretty soon, when momma tucks 'em in for the night. They'll not dare braving the monsters under the bed just to fire off another salvo.

I say that because the MO in each case seems to be about the same.

edit on 2011/1/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hang in there Mods.

I wouldn't be here - - if you all weren't.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Tell me about it. I feel like the three billy goats gruff up in this joint.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by vkey08

Looks to me like a lone ranger, or at the most two people, creating new account after new account, running in, firing an entire salvo, then getting banned, all in just a couple of minutes. It'll probably stop pretty soon, when momma tucks 'em in for the night. They'll not dare braving the monsters under the bed just to fire off another salvo.

I say that because the MO in each case seems to be about the same.

edit on 2011/1/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

I noticed that... just sad that some people need to express themselves that way... Very glad that the mods are catching them so soon each time..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join