It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thesouthsusin

wow

countdown to ban

later gator

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Civility and decorum should be in place in all walks of life.
ATS is no exception and I also have noticed the downward spiral that has been growing as of late.
I, for one, like to hear that "This is our warning."
There shouldnt need to be a warning.
It takes intent to click reply,type something out and post the comment, its not like an off the cuff comment that comes out of your mouth and then you wish to take it back.

Kudos staff, mods and members for taking back the site from those who would be bringing it down.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yes...never let a tragedy go to waste.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
thank you for this thread..Ive noticed alot of this flameing issues on ATS ive wanted to post on a few threads but havent cuz i could see the issue was getting out of hand so i just moved on to another thread there are so many to choose from ..I still think ATS is the best forum around and the mods do a great job of keeping tempers down and that has to be a hard job ..Im also new here and i always try to be nice if im ever out of hand im sure ATS will let me know but that wont happen its easyer to be nice then go off flameing others its just plain mean in my book~~

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Mindreaders you are. ATS the microcosm...outside world, the macrocosm. Double sided mirrors and ricocheting bullets.

The rhetoric must soften from all sides now. ..NOT just one side...No one is better than the other.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Silly me hasn't noticed much of a problem beyond the norm...seems relatively mild to be honest. Guess it's all relative....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am glad to have read this. I too have fallen to the bait some users are posting and become a little out of hand. I love ATS and going to make every post count and not fall into the traps anymore.

Thank you SO.

Crash

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I only signed up around a week ago, before any of the media attention to here.

I want to state that not all new members are like this, but I can see that many would be. I for one am happy to be here, and be part of such a great site, with such intelligent people to converse with.

To the more seasoned members, please don't look at all new people to be trolls or similar, I know how easily this could happen..... because this certaintly won't be the case. Some of us newer folk are here for genuine decent conversation.

Peace to all!

edit on 13-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: Made an oopsie!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.,

I don't get around this way often, but, if memory serves, this is pretty much what I agreed to when I first joined a few years back. ?
? ... guess some folks need remedial awareness classes from time to time.

What's so difficult about disagreeing with or taking someone's point of view to task without admonishing or casting aspersions towards Them?

Don't know them from Adam, personally ... yet 've seen it time and time again ... berate the player for their 'stance' ... all the while ignoring the actual 'ball' .. in play.

Always thought we we here for more than that. (?)

*no poster child here :shk: but at the same time they do have a point*

My Gran always said,
"If you're there for anything but the truth you're there for the wrong reason(s)."

I've live by that since.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
wow

There's always someone, isn't there.

:shk:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
No disrespect but why even come here if you hate it so much? Makes no sense to me to continue doing something that makes you angry. But anyways, good call I have even had to check myself a couple of times and have broken my own rule, always use facts not fiction, and deny ignorance not uphold it. I guess sometimes we all need a wake up call to keep ourselves to our own principals as well,

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join