It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Incorrect and stop venting...

There are plenty of mods, who listen...

Lemme tell you, there are plenty....

In order to get different results try different things... Different from venting on this thread... U2U me if you would like assistance, in getting a mod's attention...

sheesh...

for a European I was hoping for complexity in action.... Not such a cowboy type of action...

edit on 31-1-2012 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
And it won't be until we demand better.

Making demands from a free-for-all-to-use website with a fairly aggressive list of free services to members (how about that unlimited upload space in a CDN network, huh?) managed almost entirely by volunteers with limited time?

It's unfortunate we're unable to meet the expectations of those with an overwhelming sense of self-entitlement. We do our best, really we do, but clearly it's not enough on some occasions.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Making demands from a free-for-all-to-use website with a fairly aggressive list of free services to members (how about that unlimited upload space in a CDN network, huh?) managed almost entirely by volunteers with limited time?

It's unfortunate we're unable to meet the expectations of those with an overwhelming sense of self-entitlement. We do our best, really we do, but clearly it's not enough on some occasions.

I have to say I think this website is absolutely awesome! My only problem is that I've become addicted to it, and have problems walking away for a while.

I want to send out a sincere thanks for all the hard work involved in making this website possible.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

edit on 11-2-2012 by intrepid because: Adversarial post removed.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I know it's technically not my responsibility as "just a member", however it is my right I feel as this is an open forum, so I would be remiss if I didn't bump this thread to perhaps remind everyone of this ATS standard. The topic of race is quite abundant here on ATS due to the recent events with the Trayvon Martin incident.

I have read some pretty passionate responses, and some (imo) that are bordering on the civility and decorum threshold. I know I am nobody from Adam as far as the ATS whole is concerned but please do a fellow member a favor and do your part to maintain civil discussions regarding this or any other issue. One can easily maintain civility and decorum and still intelligently deliver one's opinion on a given topic regardless of your stance.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
I know it's technically not my responsibility as "just a member", however it is my right I feel as this is an open forum, so I would be remiss if I didn't bump this thread to perhaps remind everyone of this ATS standard.
One can easily maintain civility and decorum and still intelligently deliver one's opinion on a given topic regardless of your stance.

I agree wholeheartedly and just recently bumped an earlier thread I had started some time ago. I think it's especially important that our newer members absorb this information, as some have not yet acquired that rhythm of give and take that defines a well-crafted discussion.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Concur.

We all need watchdogs who can kick us in the butt and wake us up not just in real life but on ATS as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It's unfortunate we're unable to meet the expectations of those with an overwhelming sense of self-entitlement.
I dunno how and why the 'entitlement' mentality creeped into ATS community...
(Political Humor).
edit on 6-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 6-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think this thread deserves a bump right about now.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Bumping the thread so that the 'OP's' clarification remains in the forum's consciousness.

ATS is indeed a very interesting site, quite comprehensive in its scope and range of subjects for discussion, but I think more importantly, it remains an international fulcrum of inter-cultural discourse, where disparate cultures exchange dialogue in almost real time.

Not only cultures bump up against one another, but even moral and ethical differences, even societal ones, and I do not believe that no one member does not participate out of some compelling agenda, whether it be benign or malignant of intent. With such a fractious membership, and it is fractious, it is hardly surprising that 'civility and decorum' become victims of passionate correspondence when different cultures, belief systems, ideas and concepts interface with one another.

Everytime I log on to the site, I find myself rolling my eyes in disbelief and strained by incredulity at some of the threads, and some of the postings within threads, that I often ask myself why I continue to participate when I see such an abundance of preposterous subjects being debated that lower the gravitas of the site in general, and contaminate real serious discussion. Gravitas is all, and without it, you cannot be taken seriously. Its absence leads to the equal absence of credibility, and that is most damaging.

In relation to gravitas, civility and decorum aids in its growth. The last thing a website like ATS needs is to be perceived as though it is the internet version of the Jerry Springer show.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
Kill Whitey!
Blacks are thugs!
Release the tear gas!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I was wondering if there is a way to ban certain people from commenting on the threads they break the rules on? Just curious; it feels like everyone pays for one or two immature people's mistakes when important threads are shut down. I wouldn't think it would be hard to do logistically speaking but then again I've never done website design. Input/opinion would be appreciated. Thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So we cant talk about 9/11, UFO's and the illuminati anymore?

Is that what they are saying?

I am confused. I am a new member, just trying to make sure?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

Sure you can. A lot of people would appreciate it with the board being full of politics and all.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I understand why you had to close the flat Earth thread, to review it. You'll find a lot of posts were just to insult, mock, encourage others to leave the thread, on and on. Nobody wanted to even TRY to address a relevant question on the issue, which I'd asked over and over again....

These issues have more than one opinion, and are worth discussing, from any/all sides.

It is not a 'popularity contest'.'

You have a tough job, so thanks for all your efforts...

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join