It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

It's all in there.

Just sayin'

edit on 8/25/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Thanks Maj. I ---did indeed--- submit an 'alert' complaint note, and indeed, the offending post was expediently censored and warned. You are indeed part of the best staff on the internet.
I still though, will no longer contribute to that subject matter-in-question, I don't have that tough of a skin. Maybe someone less sensitive than me, can.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I must say I have pretty much learned how to deal with the jerks on the board.. Actually I have not ran into many these days as well. In chat I ran into someone that was a jerk the other day, but I have not seen him since.. Compared to a few years ago the board is believe it or not, and knock on wood, pretty civil. Besides I have learned how to deal with the trolls and jerks after being around internet message boards for over 10 years or so, maybe even more, heck I remember when the internet was the wild west.. Stood my own ground quite well back then as well..

edit on 13-9-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I've been guilty of snippiness and worse.

This website IS the only place to openly discuss these topics; and I love it here.

Sorry to any I've rubbed wrong!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Recently, this forum seems very much more civil than when I registered (with current username) back in January. I recall -wicked- meanness going on then. Yep, knock on wood and fingers crossed, (and don't walk under any ladders or break a mirror, etc., etc.,)
(Watch out for black cats crossing your path..........I love cats, so send it my way, bad luck and all!)
edit on 13-9-2011 by simone50m because: x

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Don't these people understand that bad manners will effect the advertizing stream. Think of the money that could be lost if a robust debate of some issue ensues. There is an art to getting across what needs to be said, and the answer is in the English language. The English have long had a history of being able to slam, discredit, and humiliate and opponent with eloquent and flowing speech. We need to use this tactic in order to get the point across. So to that end, may I suggest that insults and destructive character assassinations etc should be "implied" rather than stated as fact.

Anyway, that's my opinion. We all must learn to say it just the right way. If it can pass the C&D test, it's a go.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
well I wanted to post a thread about something important. Now I guess I will have to wait.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
recently on a thread a Super Moderator replied that one of the posters was wrong. Turns out the poster was correct. I posted wiki content to expose the issue politely. The moderator never posted back. I u2u'd the mod and without intent said "you're welcome"
I kinda expected the mod to come back and apologize to the poster for the mis-q but he/she never did...I have had my share of dealings with mods but have learned that they are "Members First" and treat people fairly.
I am let a little "A Back" on this one... I have let it go with this post. Maybe there will be changed behavior in the future

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I would like to say im sorry for what and how i replied to a certain person, i reacted in the way he wanted me to and i needed to let of some steam ! I'M SORRY ATS AND TO ITS HONEST USERS!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

As im sure this thread was aimed at me, its the people who chuck needless "nutjob" comments as if its meaning is empty! Altho... we know you really ment it! "Treat others how you would like them to treat you" 'ell we all go a little bit mad from time to time.

edit on 27-1-2012 by UKsaintONdeathROW because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2012 by UKsaintONdeathROW because: spell check

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think our standards for civility, and Decorum, is to high...

I believe in it, yet it is all to easy for civility and decorum, to go awry, within such time and space, talk about never ever clicking perfectly on this board..

Some people were born free'er then others, and vice versa,

language being two dimensional here on ats, or anywhere online, you can see nature more vividly then out in the real world on many occasions..

Their is always going to be two sides....

There will also always be tension between them...

I will do my best to set an example of being a good member...

YET.... No one is perfect here.....

No matter how they portray themselves here two dimensionally.....

Still one of the best threads on ats...

edit on 28-1-2012 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are we to understand that snide comments and aspersions for the sake of casting them is to be slapped? Because if that's the case I've got an itchy Alert! finger.

Do let me know. And also, once the Alert! is sent, does it get immediate attention or what?

Just how far is this civility and decorum allowed to wander from absolute? I would just like to know because there are too many threads with people riding roughshod all over them. I could keep you guys busy for ...forever. AND I'D JUST LOVE TO DO IT.

Naturally I'll expect a prompt reply, just like I never got for my Alert! a few days ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

They just ignore you or cut you off when you confront them with their mistakes. Normal reaction of weak people in positions of power greater than they have the capacity to wield effectively and fairly. Look around you. It's the state of our entire civilization. No different here. And it won't be until we demand better. Fair, even-handed dealings or surrender your badge at the door. Seems like all positions of responsibility should come with that proviso.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sooooo.... looks like my questions won't be answered in a timely fashion. Must be coffee break time at ATS HQ. Busy, busy people, our ATS crime fighters.
edit on 31/1/2012 by CosmicEgg because: double post but not wasting the opportunity to post, am i?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Have you ever tried just U2U'ing a mod?

Talk to them about this issue?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I see what you're saying
edit on 31-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm glad this came out. I have tried my hardest (and I have a majorly wicked temper, so they say) to maintain decorum but some of the bashing is getting to be a little bit ridiculous. I love a good debate but whenever I feel like the thread is dengenerating I make a quick exit, stage left. There are many people out there whose only purpose is to troll or kill a thread. Let's not attack each other over opinions. If you don't agree with something, calmly state (or post) your point of view minus the name calling and low blows. I enjoy this website and the opinions put forth. I would hate to lose Great Debaters to something so immature as tit for tat.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join