It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ET´s Violent? What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hi have been following ATS from a long time and i have finally join to this site and this is my introduction here... First Hi and thanks to everyone... But i want to take advantage to start a discussion instead of just say Hello and here it is:

In the last days i have been reading a lot of articles that suggest that if the extraterrestrials would come to the Earth and they will come to invade/conquer us... and they say too that they possibly have our same naturality of destruction and consumerism... and you have to be prepared to the whorst (for prevention im agree with)

But i think... well if that beings have been evolved from thousands of years in advantage with us... obviously their consciousness have been evolved too... and that consciousness will not include that arrogance, intolerance, violence, envy, apathy, etcetera ectetera that distinguishes our primitivism like social beings... on the contrary i think that beings are full of consciousness, love, spiritualism and emphaty that is consistent with someone that has evolved for thousands of years and is capable to travel in the stars... and putting me their position... if i have discovered the Earth after having known the univierse itself... and watch that primitive civilization in that planet... i will not come down and teach how to build my technology and leave them to my home... because they are not prepared... because they depend on absurd things... just sit down watch them, learn from them, and wait them to evolve... like they are doing right now

(Sorry if i had grammar errors)

edit on 13-1-2011 by InSpaceBound because: Because i dont have a one hundred percentage of domain on the language and i just edited my grammar errors

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpaceBound

I believe in aliens. I believe some are violent and some aren't. Just because they may have technologically advanced it doesn't make them peaceful, just means they have a high functioning brain which doesn't mean they will be all loving and peaceful.

Look at us as a race. We are advanced in many ways yet we are a violent bunch.

Every being will have good and bad..It's a balance.

Also imo if aliens wanted to invade nothing would stop them, it would happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I hated ET as a child.

I suppose it could do you some damage with that long finger if you p*ssed it off.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Suppose, its just like people-depends on how spiritually evolved they are.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Your grammar is fine trust me - you should see the butchery of english I've seen, lol. Hell, you should see the butchery of english I've perpetrated!

Seems like there are at least two different factions, or races. Kind of like in ancient India's texts, with their account of the battles in the sky.

(If this seems incoherent, pardon me: I have a kitten who is doing laps around dad's head and his computer chair)

Where was I?

Some accounts seem to mean that one faction wanted to "uplift" humans, and give them knowledge, while another was dead set against it.

Lucifer (Luxfair) the light-bringer, Prometheus who gave mankind fire, et cetera, against those who would keep man uninformed.

It would seem to be those aliens who wish to evolve mankind and those who oppose them.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I imagine there are good as well as bad in terms of them being violent towards us. You must understand that it would be unlikely that they could travel such great distances with the same mentality that we have. Imagine everyone having a vehicle that has the power of 1,000 H-Bombs for it's propulsion. We would destroy ourselves. They would surely be on a much higher spirtual plane to harness power that great without abusing it. The question is: How do they view us? If they see us much like we see ants...then we have a problem. Whatever the case, any hostility on our part is futile and I would not advise it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

By the way, welcome to ATS. I look forward to your contributions.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hmm personally I think all other alien race(s) would be synonymous if by chance a little akin to our own. Whereas there are some violent ones among the bunch, but at the same time peaceful ones live amongst them as well. Though it may be because this is how I see society that I try to equate it with the ETs as well, but I have a strong feeling that it would be something like that
. As I'm somewhat sure that they all wouldn't be able to agree with one another.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well if they are coming here to help us they haven't really done much with that. On the other hand there have been many claims of abductions, animal mutilations etc. So I suppose the answer would be that if you consider molestation and dissection examples of violence, then I would say yes. But from their perspective, just as our scientists experiment and dissect animals, they may not consider themselves to be.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Welcome fellow ATS Newbie....I agree with what others have posted already - they would likely have individuals within their species that would be violent, or more passive...they would also most likely respond to animosity from us (a likely scenario from posts I've read where people shoot at ufos) - how else could they have surrived long enough to evolve to figure out how to traverse the great distances between stars? They couldn't be 100% passive or else some violent ET race would have wiped them out long ago...just my 2 pennies...ETeeTime

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If you beleive in evolution, you beleive in a violent ET.

Thanks,

SlyF

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't think they're violent. If they were, we'd not be guessing, but know for 100% certainty.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers

Thanks,

SlyF

Care to elaborate on this deduction of yours?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Thanks,

SlyF

Spot on this .... survival of the fittest would very much apply on a universal scale? eh?

even the peacefull herbivores consume some type of living matter ... everything at every level seems to do so in the world around us .... also in the universe around us .. Violent explosions , Suns eating planets .....

Everything seems to live off something else at some level... so if they get to us before we get to them i would be very afraid .. however if we get thier first they should run and hide.

I also agree that there would be peacefull components amongst other civilizations, but the over all driving force behind it would be the consuming side of nature. it drives a species forward much quicker than Peace. And allows it to survive.
edit on 13/1/11 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

just wanted to say hello,

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple

Thanks,

SlyF

Care to elaborate on this deduction of yours?

More or less what Quantum_Squirrel says above.

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
[
Spot on this .... survival of the fittest would very much apply on a universal scale? eh?

even the peacefull herbivores consume some type of living matter ... everything at every level seems to do so in the world around us .... also in the universe around us .. Violent explosions , Suns eating planets .....

Everything seems to live off something else at some level... so if they get to us before we get to them i would be very afraid .. however if we get thier first they should run and hide.

I also agree that there would be peacefull components amongst other civilizations, but the over all driving force behind it would be the consuming side of nature. it drives a species forward much quicker than Peace. And allows it to survive.

While evolution would fail to predict the nature of an ET, it would be able to predict their capacity for violence.

Are ETs violent all the time? I don't know.

Are they capable of violence? Yes.

Thanks,

SlyF
edit on 13-1-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: quoting madness

top topics

join