It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buoy Data Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How good are you at ocean data? Currents, temperatures and sea levels etc? I asked a member to create a thread regarding the national Buoy data
www.ndbc.noaa.gov...
Should be very interesting and of benefit giving whats going on?
www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

Please can someone who understands the Global Buoy Network polease create a thread or i will quickly try and get one up in the hope that someone else will?. Seriously we are overlooking a very important area of our planet here. How many of the disasters here involve water? We dont have a thread.
So for now can we please start one or atleast put it out there. Like i said i dont really understand the data but im sure one of you will.
Sea Temps pressures etc Tsunami warnings or other anomalies.

Please feel free to add links to other information

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Congratulations on starting the Thread yourself! I think this is a very important piece of the puzzle as to what is going on. There is major talk of plate subduction in the area of the South Western Pacific - in addition to other areas of the world --- and as we know if one plate sinks, the other may push up and such data would help to show such. In addition, the watch of these buoy's would also give us indication of Tsunami quickly, if the charts and graphs are somehow directly updating from your source links.

I wish I could help you out here because I understand your thinking here and your desperation for the information, but I do not have the computer know how to set up such a program to monitor the data. :-( . If I come across any information I can add I will of course add it to your Thread. I will be watching this Thread closely.

S&F for you!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Station 55012 - STB Coral Sea
Check out the two charts one has a red spike but look at the line????
Am i reading this right?
Check out the times and depth.
Owned and maintained by Australian Bureau of Meteorology
STB - SAIC Tsunami Buoy
STB payload
15.800 S 158.500 E (15°48'0" S 158°30'0" E)

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...
Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS)
www.ioc-goos.org...
Global Climate Observing System
www.wmo.int...
Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS)
www.ioc-goos.org...
edit on 13-1-2011 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2011 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Interesting site. I have saved it to a favorites so I can try and figure some of it out. I could see where it has the potential of providing some key pieces in various big events.

Giving this a bump!

new topics

top topics

join