It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Snow Is God's Way of Punishing Americans Planning To Drive To Do Something Gay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Some Gay Source

Rev. Pat Robertson sparked controversy in today's broadcast of his "700 Club" program when he claimed that God created the blizzard currently battering the Northeast "to punish Americans who were planning to drive to do something gay."

My opinion, Homophobia is gay.

So, Christians on ATS...is he right...is God punishing the gay by making it snow?

And followup question,
Does that mean in summertime God is wanting everyone to be fabulous?

These televangelists are like a gift that keeps on giving. Thanks for the laugh Pat.

=add: It appears it may be satire, some mod want to toss this into either the jokes bit or hoax? Cannot get a confirming article on this...and we know that such people never say stupid things like this of course=
edit on 13-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
thanks for the laugh...

I grew up in and now live next door to the UKs gay capital and we had very little snow... so guess they where not naughty enough to warrant gods wrath.. which is really annoying as I hoped we'd have some decent snow this year..

Got to ask tho, is the guy serious, or is it tongue in cheek?

ETA..
it's a joke then

edit on 13/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What about all the extra sex(gay/straight/whatever) that went on because everyone was snowed in? What about that Mr. Robertson. As a christian, guys like this really offend me and my gay friends don't much care for this guy either. I say let him spew his nonsense and reveal how silly he really is.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Got to ask tho, is the guy serious, or is it tongue in cheek?

ETA..
it's a joke then

edit on 13/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

This article may not be serious, I cannot find any source from the opinion piece..however, our tv ministers say some truely wacky stuff on a near daily basis that fall right in line with this.

Orlando, Fl. has disney that does "gay day". I remember when the first one started and these idiots got on TV saying that God was definately going to smite florida for this rampant gayness, else God would have to apologise for toasting Sodom.

-still waiting for the smite btw...-

Snipe edit:
just from the wiki about Pattyboy

On the June 8, 1998 edition of his show, Robertson denounced Orlando, Florida and Disney World for allowing a privately sponsored "Gay Days" weekend. Robertson stated that the acceptance of homosexuality could result in hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, terrorist bombings and "possibly a meteor."[10] The resulting outcry prompted Robertson to return to the topic on June 24, where he quoted the Book of Revelation to support his claims. The first hurricane of the 1998 Atlantic hurricane season,[11] Hurricane Bonnie, actually turned away from Florida and instead damaged the rest of the east coast. The area hardest hit by the hurricane was the Hampton Roads region,[12] which includes Virginia Beach,[13] where the Robertson's The 700 Club originates.[14] While other hurricanes did hit Florida,[11] none of them hit Disney World.

So, though this article is questionable, it seems like something he would say...and wouldn't even be the most controversial either actually
edit on 13-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: added some gay stuff

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If God has such a big problem with gays, and God is all so mighty and powerful, why doesn't he just "smite" them all?

I think....and I could be wrong...but I think that God LOVES gays - not any more or any less than He loves any other of His children - and He doesn't give a # whom His children shag in the privacy of their own bedroom. Or car. Or airplane restroom.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That was a much needed laugh. Thanks.
(Disclaimer: I'm not laughing at gays, I have many friends and family members that are gay. I'm laughing at the most ridiculous statement I've heard all day...and trust me, my day has been full of them.)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

There's no need to worry about getting caught out by this satire.

I think this is a perfect example of Poe's Law in action !

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!.....snow...gay...cant stop......laughin.....cant...breathe!....

Typical response from a religious nut job!

link   

edit on 13-1-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

link   
At first I was hoping this was a Hoax - but, sadly, it's not.

As I’ve stated in other threads – I am a Christian.

I get angry when “Christians” bash homosexuals.

God does not hate homosexuals – he hates homosexuality.

Homosexuality is a sin, a homosexual is a sinner.

It’s the same thing as saying God does not hate thieves, he hates thievery.

God hates the sinful action, not the sinner.

These preachers need to make a clear recognition between the action/sin and the person/sinner.

I think if they did this, their message would be accepted more.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am a Registered Nurse and I had this jackass, Pat Robertson, as a patient twice. He is a whiny, mean, crotchety SOB. He has his own bodyguard that he brings everywhere with him. At times I got the feeling that the bodyguard wanted to slap the $hit out of him. I accompanied him one time to the cafeteria at the hospital and Pat was pissed, and I mean pissed, because no one approached him as he walked through. Hell, I don't even think people recognized him. He is nothing like the Jesus loving persona he plays on TV. He cursed and whined like a little b*tch when I tried to start an IV on him. Nobody wanted him as a patient because he was such a dick.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

There's no need to worry about getting caught out by this satire.

I think this is a perfect example of Poe's Law in action !

Indeed. Well, I hate being a victim of poe's law, but meh...the lines are blurred to obscurity..its like someone in satire said Sarah Palin shot a wolf last saturday...not very unlikely or groundbreaking.

Pat said something stupid and nasty about homosexuals...not very original satire considering thats sort of his thing he is known for.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There are a lot of nutters in the world. *shakes head is disbelief* fortunately most of those avoid this area as it is full of dissenters and the largest population of Jedis in the UK

Must add that the English right to bare arms in self defence is directly related to defending oneself against religious nut jobs.

Bad episodes in our history that caused some deep wounds that still haven't healed..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Rev. Pat Robertson sparked controversy in today's broadcast of his "700 Club" program when he claimed that God created the blizzard currently battering the Northeast "to punish Americans who were planning to drive to do something gay."

So in Canada, in places where we get snow for 8 to 10 months of the year, it's only to stop us from driving somewhere to do something gay?

What if you don't need to drive somewhere to do something gay?
What if you're not gay?
What percentage of Northeast America does this guy think are gay?
Is the snow so that the ones that aren't gay, aren't going to turn gay, because it snowed?

link   
Hey guys....just to let you know, it IS a work of Satire....look at the source.

I wouldn't put it past Robertson to say something like this (after all, he said that the citizens of Haiti were "asking for it" after the earthquake that they got there), but alas, it is a great piece of satire, and I lawld plenty.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

link   
Oh, Pat, will you ever learn???

What a nut! I know it sounds like a joke, and it is. All the sources point to Borowitz.

What I want to know is... How often does it snow in San Francisco?

edit on 1/13/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

England has always been the most secular of countries. Its a country where believe in god is weakest and has been for along time.

On topic, i do not listen to this geezer. Like john hagee, do not listen to him either.

Just because he is christian, does not mean all christians listen to him.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe God will send a solar flare to knock out all communications so we don't have to listen to this retard anymore.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
LOL.
what the hell is this.
Apparently they think that americans are the only ones who are gay...
sorry everyone but theres a whole world out there!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's so very nice to be able to count on Pat for a good laugh during any disaster or tragedy.

Bless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join