It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here goes nuthin, this is my first post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes, this is my first post. I found this site on a google search about a year ago. I have been reading alot. Some pretty good things on here. I also see some silly things. About me. I am opinionated. I do not like to be trapped in a corner, but I like to debate others when they disagree as long as it is civil and with no petty name calling. I speak my mind but will admit when I'm wrong. I like current events and keeping up with late breaking news. I like to read. I like to write but am not the best speller. Does this place have spell check? I like outer space, horror, comedy, history, ancient civilizations, unexplained phenomenon, ghosts, animals, kids, elderly, music of all types, and some other things as well. I hate everything else.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

Welcome! I am new as well, as such I am unsure if there is spell check or not. However welcome to the party.
I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! And . yes there is spell check) I for one really depend on spell check.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
lol hate everything else? Being opionated works well here. About spelling, I cannot spell my way out of a paper bag. I have a tool bar with a spell check on it but unfortunately I cannot tell you what is the name of it.lol I have forgotten. I'm sure some of the other members can put you on to one. They are really helpful and nice here. If I manage to spell, I frequently typo, soooo posting is challenging. Welcome, I think you will fit in well

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Hi withopeneyes, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for replying. I feel all warm and tingly. Ohhhhahhhhhh.
Oh I forgot to mention that I have a messed up sense of humor.

My first question. I see under everyone's name and avatar that there is some sort of a rating system. What do P F S W & K stand for?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Welcome. Pretty new here myself, and finding myself already addicted. Alot of fun to be had here, a lot of information and news, and a fair share of madness. Peace...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah. Some other things. As said, I've read alot here on ATS before I jumped into the pool and it would seem that there are many younger members. I'm not young in years. I'm still 18 in my head, but I was old enough in '69 to remember the first step on the moon. I am drug free, but back in the day....... been there, done that.
I believe in 2nd chances for people and occassionaly a 3rd chance but after that I will be civil but won't let you be a part of my life.

Anyone hate me yet?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Hey there withopeneyes ... from your list of likes it sounds like this place was made for you as it covers most of them

Enjoy and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Woody

new topics

top topics

join