It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Gifford likely shot in front of head!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"As concerns swell over Congresswoman Giffords’ chances of full recovery doctors speculate on the bullet’s point of entry. At first it was believed to have gone from the back to the front, but there appears to be a shift in citing a path the bullet took to actually enter Gifford’s head".

Source.. www.allvoices.com...

What would this mean??

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

I don't know. I was wondering myself. I guess it's to get an accurate account of what happened. I do know that she was extremely lucky that the bullet only went through one side of her brain. If it had crossed the center she would most likely be dead or have major brain damage.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I've only seen one graphic on the news regarding the path of the bullet and that was two days ago. At that time is was depicted as entering her head just behind her left temple and exited somewhere near the center of her forehead near the hair line. Don't know how accurate that report was but my wife and I were discussing just this morning, why we hadn't seen that report again and why is was only shown once. I also wonder why there has been no video footage of this incident to date. A person can't go to the bathroom without being on video anymore plus, you would think that someone at the event would have been taking pictures.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It would technically mean that the point of entry would be smaller than the point of exit.

In this case, if she was shot from the front, the damage to the frontal and pre-frontal cortices would be far less and therefore would allow for a better response and more rapid healing. The area to the back of the skull would have more damage to it, but as far as we know, there is not as much activity in this area of the brain, and any activity that is there, still might not be understood well enough to know what the impact would be. If the bullet entered from the back and exited the front, there would be a good chance that she would have severe memory and motor dysfunction.

Bottom line... If she was shot from the front, that's the best scenario anyone could ask for.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I find it strange, there were witnesses and probably some people had a video on their phone - but nothing at all from those people. Eye witnesses would be able to definitively say whether she was shot from the front or the back, but nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

seems to me that the alledged shooter was said to have shot her from behind..............if thats the case.....oops!!!

as ricky ricardo would say "lucy has some splainnn' to do."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

It would also place Loughner in a different spot.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

You replied just as I did lol

I agree there should be some explaining.Where was Loughner exactly?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
I find it strange, there were witnesses and probably some people had a video on their phone - but nothing at all from those people. Eye witnesses would be able to definitively say whether she was shot from the front or the back, but nothing at all.

If someone is shooting a gun I think the last thing most people would do is pull out their cellphone and start recording the event. More likely they would duck and cover or run for their lives. At least I hope they would be smart enough to do that.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Most supermarkets are pretty heavily covered by video cams...both inside and out. There's got to be footage somewhere.

Have there been any updates on that second person of interest who may have been with JLL?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer

seems to me that the alledged shooter was said to have shot her from behind..............if thats the case.....oops!!!

as ricky ricardo would say "lucy has some splainnn' to do."

Well, I don't know the details...but as a quick thought

Humans have twisty heads...a person running away, with a slight twist of their neck and sholder, can be looking directly behind them while still having their back to them, and visa versa...so, none of that really means anything in regards to where the shooter was..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Supposedly a cabbie that drove him there. He was following him in to get change for a 20 was the last I heard about that.

Bah sorry for the offtopic post, no sleep in a few days, having some trouble focusing lol.
edit on Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:27:55 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It appears that on impact against the skull the bullet got off balanced and took different direction. If her skull was softer she been gone.
edit on 13-1-2011 by exactmad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Supposedly a cabbie that drove him there. He was following him in to get change for a 20 was the last I heard about that.

Maybe not the best thread to post this but why would you care about change for a 20 if you were just about to go on a shooting spree?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

you are talking about a 180o turn??

but, as the poster above you stated, the shopping center has got to have video coverage, if only for security issues......plus, would it not stand to reason that a congresswoman making a public appearance would of at least notified the media of this? I mean, when was the last time a politician didn't use an apparent piblic appearance for political gain???

so, it would stand to reason that there would of been both stationary cameras, and media cameras on site.........I'll agree that maybe the news cameras would be dropped or pointed elsewhere during the shooting, but, not the video cameras............so, where is the footage???

I have no idea what happened, I just find it absurd that there is no coverage, and that the media has completely ignored this................
edit on 13-1-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by TKDRL

Maybe not the best thread to post this but why would you care about change for a 20 if you were just about to go on a shooting spree?

Ya...that is strange...what was this guy, crazy or something?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is a good article including a picture showing the bullet entering the back of the skull on the left hand side exiting her forehead. She is one lucky lady.

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 13-1-2011 by Erica1631 because: error

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
reply to post by SaturnFX

you are talking about a 180o turn??

but, as the poster above you stated, the shopping center has got to have video coverage, if only for security issues......plus, would it not stand to reason that a congresswoman making a public appearance would of at least notified the media of this? I mean, when was the last time a politician didn't use an apparent piblic appearance for political gain???

so, it would stand to reason that there would of been both stationary cameras, and media cameras on site.........I'll agree that maybe the news cameras would be dropped or pointed elsewhere during the shooting, but, not the video cameras............so, where is the footage???

I have no idea what happened, I just find it absurd that there is no coverage, and that the media has completely ignored this................
edit on 13-1-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

I don't know the layout of the lot she was in. I know that not alot of places around my backwards southern town have cameras set outside though. I think if anything, this is a good reason to demand more shopping plaza's have cameras installed (cue dramatic conspiracy music)

and 180 degrees is simple...try it while you sit..see how far around you must twist your neck and sholders before your looking directly behind you...a slight twist of neck and sholders and voila..unless you have some neck issues, you don't have to turn around completely.

As far as other peoples cameras..phones and whatnot, ya..chances are, when the shooting starts, your not suddenly struck with a investigative journalism mindset..more of a "lets not die" mentality probably washes over you.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Originally posted by wcitizen

If someone is shooting a gun I think the last thing most people would do is pull out their cellphone and start recording the event. More likely they would duck and cover or run for their lives. At least I hope they would be smart enough to do that.

Given that situation, I would pull my weapon, verify that should I miss the shooter I won't harm anyone and then do my best to put no less than two rounds into him. I see no purpose for my cellphone in that situation and see me ducking and running as a breach of my duty to help others when I am able.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
WSJ reported on January 8th...Shooting Captured on Surveillance Video

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join