It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

desertions in US army

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've been reading these boards for a long time, posting on them for a little less time... so I know my opinion isn't going to be that heavily taken into account... but I must say this guy's gotta go. I am pro free speech, and I have never wanted to shut anyone up for having opinion's different from mine, but this person clearly and effectively just says things to annoy others. His "opinions" are crafted just to piss people off, and have no basis to them whatsoever. Nothing he says makes any sense. He provides no evidence of anything. Bottom line is, I'd say he contributes nothing and in fact is detrimental to this community. The moderators should remove him.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix So the US gov or someone else must sued them.

Whether this is true or not, I haven't confirmed either way...But what I've heard, the government have started to round up those "human shields" who have returned & started to set up trials for treason...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Whether this is true or not, I haven't confirmed either way...But what I've heard, the government have started to round up those "human shields" who have returned & started to set up trials for treason...

And what's your opinion on that matter ? ( That's just a neutral question ).

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
According to the Constitutional definition of Treason, those "human sheilds" should be tried for treason...

...If found guilty, punishment by the law.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
According to the Constitutional definition of Treason, those "human sheilds" should be tried for treason...

...If found guilty, punishment by the law.

he he he....Yes....But my question was : " do YOU think that they have to be sued,and if yes, do YOU think that they are guilty ?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
here's a link to a page documenting the large scale phenomenon of desertions within the US military during the Vietnam war. since official media coverage of the current events is being censored by the "coalition" military information services in Qatar, it is well possible that the actual number of desertions / mutinies within US armed forces is in fact higher than pretended.

www.plp.org/vietnam/vietsuppl1200.html

as for the debate about sexual assaults against local civilians carried out by US troops, the episode of a young and innocent Japanese college girl raped and murdered in cold blood a couple of years ago by an GI springs to mind. a simple google search should reveal lots of links about the story; though i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. of course, one should not generalize the behaviour of a particular individual in order to discredit the whole US army.

however, it is a well established fact that the presence of US armed forces generally leads to a sharp rise in (juvenile) prostitution among the local population (see the large brothel-towns surrounding US bases in the Philippines, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Eastern Europe, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, etc.).

this situation is strictly beneficial to local organized crime. most of the criminal rings organizing the human slavery are linked to the political allies of the USA (examples are the Albanian KLA, which used to openly despatch officers in their own uniforms to Amsterdam so to supervize their brothels at that time, according to some reports). yet such unpleasant "side-effects" as the rise of organized crime in countries subject to American military presence are seldom mentionned as primary objectives of US foreign policy regarding those countries.

furthermore, the systematic development of prostitution in areas where US troops are stationed, has led to the collapse of traditional social and family structures in villages, towns and sometimes whole regions.

finally, the often very conservative local population (of Christian, Muslim or other faiths), rarely tends to appreciate their children being traded as sex slaves to serve GIs amongst others. their strict religious beliefs lead them to disregard prostitution as much as rape, so any support for mafiosi dealing in women in these countries can easily be presented as a form of generalized sexual abuse of local populations.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"the presence of US armed forces generally leads to a sharp rise in (juvenile) prostitution among the local population (see the large brothel-towns surrounding US bases in the Philippines, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Eastern Europe, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, etc.)."

is the simple law of Supply and Demand. The GIs certainly aren't "forcing" them to be prostitutes. Likewise, this happens with ANY country's military presence, it isn't exclusive to the US military presence. Likewise, you'll see lots of bars and places to buy cigarettes as well as other entertainment, like movie theaters, clubs. All of which of course, assists the local economy. As far as desertions go, the Vietnam war was a completely different case. Kind of apples and oranges there...

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

bellatrix's picture

I took the liberty of fixing it

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I wouldnt be sure that the particularly low moral standards of the US military when it comes to warfare arent also reflected in their handling of local prostitution.

FrenchCommunist's Post makes me understand why everybody says "US GO HOME!"

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   

is the simple law of Supply and Demand. The GIs certainly aren't "forcing" them to be prostitutes. Likewise, this happens with ANY country's military presence, it isn't exclusive to the US military presence. Likewise, you'll see lots of bars and places to buy cigarettes as well as other entertainment, like movie theaters, clubs. All of which of course, assists the local economy. As far as desertions go, the Vietnam war was a completely different case. Kind of apples and oranges there...

you did not seem to have read my post thouroughly i'm afraid, since i'm not trying to imply that GIs are forcing anyone into prostitution (even an independent war crimes tribunal would be neede to investate). i am saying, however, that the unnatural demand for prostutes due to the presence of large numbers of US troops, surely benefits to the local mafia organizations, which in turn do force people into prostitution.

imagine a joint Cuban / Iraqi military base on American soil, surrounded by brothel-towns, where young white American women would be sold as sex slaves to the "demanding" troops. the pimps would be wanted gangsters from the local downtown ghettoes. would that still be considered as a consequence of the "simple law of Supply and Demand" ? would it be appreciated by the majority of local citizens ?

as for prostitution and related activities assisting local economies, there is some abundant litterature on how prostitution and imperialistic sex tourism destroyed whole rural regions and their social and human infrastructures in Thailand and the Philippines, for example.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
FrenchCommunist, my eye ! Nans undercover yeah !

" where young white American ".

Don't forget the blacks, latinos, Asiatics and other races. USA is a multi-cultural country ! What is this racist point of view ? Why only the whites ?

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
yeah, we had that in Hawaii too

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Our troops are in the middle of a huge desertion right now... in fact the entire country of Iraq is one huge desertion.....
Sorry I know it was corny but I just wanted to break up the tension a little. lol

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ultra phoenix, indeed my illustration could have been misunderstood as a racist statement : it wasn't. to begin with, as a communist, i don't agree with the patrimonial traditions in many areas where US troops are stationed. secondly, i know that a high percentage of the American public has racially biased views at this time : US society is divided in racial communities living separately from each other, with no mixed couples, with great socio-economic division along ethnical lines, and the domination of a ruling class essentially recruited among the white protestant establishment. etc. therefore, encouraging prostitution among the ruling ethnic group of a particular country in areas partly inhabited by conservative bigots, would indeed seem as shocking to said bigots as forced prostitution of white inhabitants of the United States would be to American white supremacists, who are gaining more and more power and influence.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
First off, its obvious that you have little knowledge of the U.S.
Second off, it is obvious that all you have is rhetoric that is puked out like a brainwashed cult member, not letting lack of knowledge or facts stand in your way.

But if it would make you happy, I'll tell all my mixed-marriage friends and "minority" member neighbors that they do not exist.
I don't think they'll believe you.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
my girlfriend is puerto rican, and i like rap. that alone should tell you somethin. not all people here are racist, it's more like a small minority in rural areas. like the country. i can agree on one thing, we are at least PISSED at one place. and that's france. but nans is still ok, just kinda odd, and many other french ppl are cool. like napoleon. but he's dead...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join