It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Movie "Battle of LA" Preparing us for STAGED Alien Invasion?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustCurious1
reply to post by GeminiSky

Yes there has been an upsurge in sci-fi related programmes & films, that's because I would imagine the audience for sci-fi related productions has grown with their increasing audiences.
If there wasn't enough people willing to pay to watch these, they would dissipate.
(Demand and supply)
However saying that I CAN see why some people can think along the lines of we are being conditioned, but until I've seen solid proof of that I can't let myself believe it.

yes but at least CONSIDER it...

I don't know why people chose to force themselves into operating in "absolutes", its silly and counter productive to an open mind.

It doesn't always have to be I BELIEVE!!! or I DON'T BELIEVE...it could just simply be something to consider and think about...nothing more.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

There Have been dozens of movies like houseguest...It's called formulaic film making...and the studios have been doing it as long as they've existed....I'm gonna assume that you're very young..and don't know much about film.
It's long been the custom in Hollywood to ride any genre into the ground...Worse,they copy the common sci-fi tropes...but rarely do they seek out REAL science fiction writers to bring them to life...so it always seems the same...because essentially,it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
My point is simply this, Hollywood makes 10 times the amount of Vampire movies than Alien invasion stories. By this standard, Hollywood must be preparing us for a Vampires invasion. Why don't I see threads asking if a Vampires Disclosure is right around the corner? The people who work in movies are not special. They don't have some secret information that the rest of us don't. The craftsman who make movies do it because they love to tell stories.

EDIT: and for the record, I completely believe in intelligent life from other planets visiting Earth.

edit on 18-1-2011 by zerotime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well the studio is Columbia so thats automatically suspect with their splash screen(Lucifer bearing light at the top of a pyramid)

And it's been proven that 9/11 was referenced in a number of films prior to the attacks. watch this clip it's undeniable.

Now I dont agree with all of the clips, I mean some of it could've been put in by conspiracy theorists working in the art department. but pay attention to the 9/11 references in particular, thats the key

Er im new here I dont exactly know what the youtube video number is so i'll just put a link. I dont see any number on the page

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-2-2011 by Versalife because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

This isn't the only alien related movie scheduled to come out in 2011...there is a whole list of several coming out this year which in and of itself is interesting. Someone made a thread not too long ago listing all the alien related movies coming out in 2011. This just being one of them. I don't have the time to search and find the thread right now, ill try to and re-post it here later.

Most all alien related movies depict them as "bad guys" ala Independence day, Skyline etc etc...this could easily be determined as "programming" of the psyche to have a predisposed defensive stance towards aliens.

EXACTLY!! you read my mind , Ive just been putting things like this together for a while now ever since I heard of the guy who was approached by tptb about an alien weapon they needed to figure out before 2012 when they come back,which at first I thought hey maybe they are just doing whats best after all until I heard the tibet monks prediction on how ebe's will intervien and eliminate the powers destroying our planet, so if we see a ufo get blasted down on 2012 better start gathering supplies and living underground

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Just got back from watching it and it was like Black Hawk Down. I don't think its prepping anyone for anything.

Anyone who likes FPS games like Battlefield and Call of Duty will love this film.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I loved the movie and both the visuals and audio were amazing. I remember hearing about the buzz for this film a few months ago and my expectations were met. Critics tore this movie apart but then again it's their job and I watch movies I want to watch not what some guy with a keyboard wants to watch. The aliens themselves were interesting even though you barely ever to get to see them except on one or two occasions up close. I liked how instead of some horrific blob or creature they seemed very human like even displaying tactical knowledge and squad tactics. The insertion of the Marines into the combat zone, LA, was epic with all the explosions and carnage along with the opening minutes of the invasion during the news casts. Is there anything in this universe that can beat the U.S Marine Corps in a fight? No. Chesty Puller 1, Aliens 0.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Quite frankly, Most people do not read books, do not like to think too much.
A movie about aliens invading will have LOTS of explosions and action.
A movie about peaceful beings coming to talk to us will be slow with lots of talking (and occasional visual effects).

Hence majority rules, and action will rake in more money, its rather shallow.

=]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join