It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ophiuchus, the 13th Zodiac Sign

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by reddsite

I understand what you are trying to say....but you are mixing astronomy with modern day zodiac wheel and the two do not connect together anymore.

As you are trying to say that a sign will be in the east with the sun for a months time...this is not so with true perspective from Earth of the Sun and the constellations.

Its not as simple as just assigning a month to a simple 12 equal signs. We can start with the issue of December...The Sun starts out in Ophiuchus but in the middle of December it will rise in Sagittarius. Over time the days will change...sometimes a sign will be with the sun for a whole month, sometimes a half of a month...sometimes a weeks time. Like Scorpio...the Sun is only in Scorpio for about a week...if we go by real perspectives from the Earth.

You are right about it all changing over time due to the Earths wobble....but its a slow change. We should not just wait a couple thousand years and catch up but we should be aware of its changing always.

Your kinda meeting me in the middle of some of my points actually...for I feel we need to observe the real sky. If the Sun is in Ophiuchus...we should acknowledge that to the very days it enters and exits Ophiuchus. I think you are trying to take the tropical wheel and do the 'fixing' it needs, which is what sidereal does....but the reason I have issues with sidereal is because the tropical had mistakes to begin with.

Right now the tropical says Suns in Aquarius from January 21-February 19
Sidereal says Suns in Capricorn January 15-February 14
True Solar shows the Sun in Capricorn from January 18-February 15

Tropical and Sidereal pretty much give a months time to 12 signs....but True Solar does not. Example on the True Solar for Scorpio is from November 23-28. Cancer is also a fairly short one on True Solar...being from July 21-August 9. Over time, this dates change, you are right about that....but we dont need to wait thousands of years to play catch up...we can keep up with it now.

Astrologists argument is something of like you said, the signs are tied to the seasons...and your idea of wishing to 'change the traits' according to the 'signs with the seasons' is not a bad idea, I see your reasoning behind it....but I still think its going to hold many back on the deeper path that can be found with seeking cosmic energies. As long as we are all waiting for someone else to tell us what the stars say...we wont hear that personal whisper within that waits for us all.

As we observe something in the sky, a energy can be felt as you show awareness to that energy. The energy you will feel depends on many many things and understanding it can be complex without going through the many experiences that each object has to offer on different avenues. Example for me was Mars...I had always been told Mars was of war or trouble. Until I casted this 'preconceived notion' aside and emptied my cup of what I thought I already knew through another man....I learned something awesome from Mars. As I shown awareness to it...observed it nightly for a long time....I felt a great need to send healing and forgiveness to Mars. I felt a great loneliness and pain from Mars. Isolation...loss....a need of care....many things wrapped into one great feeling stuck me. As I began then to just send out energy to Mars...not knowing where these energies manifested from...one night I received energy back from Mars. This time, it was not lonliness, a need for care, isolation.....but it was of a great thanks, a humble awareness being sent back to me, as if the sphere was saying "Hi...I see you...Namsate"...and a great unconditional love was sent and filled my being, it was overwhelming...and it was as if part of that energy from that night is still within me if I need it, I can draw on it. It was a very personal experience and I find it so ironic that as war and trouble has been linked to Mars...I somehow linked healing.

But the steps that led up to this 'moment' or 'moments' with mars...were a many. Studying alot of history of man and their wonderment's of the red sphere in the sky...studying mystical beliefs about mars...but ultimately, after all the study of all the spheres, I found one thing in common that I had to do with them all as well as the signs....I had to then step before them and empty my cup...and take up the path of 'personal connection' and be a open conduit for that to happen. I also cant ignore that the most eventful experience of my whole life occurred after seeing Mars conjunct the heart of the Lion (Regulus). I noticed this after I learned that while astrology told me the Sun was in Virgo at my birth...astronomy showed me that the Sun sat in Leo at my birth. So stepping out to observe this 'new leo' for myself, I saw red Mars there...but it was not where astrology told me it would be. A 'feeling' went through me as I watched this conjunction and I cant tell you how strongly I felt a 'perception' of death coming. A couple weeks later, on the summer solstice of 2008...I found myself by my mothers bedside while her kidneys were failing her. She had 9 hours of visions that day and told me of many things. The whole story is way to much to go into here...but to tell you short..that was the beginning of my 'star seeking'.

I know will only observe where the planets really are...where the Sun really is...where the Moon really is. I keep up with the positions daily. Did you know that 2-3 days out of every year..the Sun sits on the cusp of Orion? Did you know that the planets and the Moon sometimes leave the path of the Sun and enter into other signs. Going by where the spheres really were at my birth...Venus was in Sextans. I would of never known that through any astrologist. Learning about Venus in Sextans was a large part of my cosmic seeking.

Something else I hold in high regard is the direction of the galactic center and the anti-galactic center. When spheres are in these directions I feel a higher energy from them....much more strong, easier to connect to if open. All the spheres, hold the energy of love and healing. If one feels 'war or trouble' from them, they are misassociating the spheres energy of 'power' will a negative attribute. Power can be overwhelming....but only humans can misuse it.

I find it no happenstance that while all of this information comes out about Ophiuchus...on a true perspective from Earth....we find Venus, the light bringer....in Ophiuchus.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddsite
reply to post by SeaWind

Well sidereal doesnt work eithor, The houses are made by fixed 30 degree seasonal dates. If read my last relpy leovirgo , it would have to be a new tropical with signs changing chairs.
edit on 23-1-2011 by reddsite because: spelling correctoin

Reddsite, please read my first 3 OP's my ATS thread, ignore the alabe.com site provided by Human_Alien (it only does Tropical Zodiac charts):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

We have modern astrologers in this thread telling us that signs and their related tendencies and messages must be interpreted by the individuals. And so it's like the recent KIA commercials with the hamsters. "I can go with this or I can go with that." Neither is wrong it's my choice. If I choose correctly I am in some way in touch with the stars and if I choose wrongly I am unenlightened or in some way not ready for the message.

As Seawind likes to point out...even though I have never claimed to be one...I am not an astrologer. Im a observer and a Seeker which is something anyone can be.

Its not just as easy as 'go with this or that'. Its a path of studying first, what has the spheres meant to mankind in the past. Imagine, before you were born...the IAM (Spirit of life) before incarnating into the body that 'makes you'....knows all mankinds past thoughts and ideas, knows the 'signs' in the sky man has made and found meaning to....and knows it can use these concepts to spark a light in you one day when you yourself, seek this true self of 'being' within you and within all other life, like even in the planets and stars in the sky. There is alot of spiritual work that needs to be done, and its a observation going on within you and outside of you over a course of time. Depending on your honesty about yourself, depending on what you feel you are in need of and what you are willing to be open to about what you need to work on...and then emptying your cup before the Universe as you observe the cosmos....you will feel the Universe then, show awareness back to you. This..is just the beginning....of 'feeling' a energy to a sphere. Observing and learning each spheres orbit around the Sun, from Earths perspective, awakens your own inner compass as well...as you being a part, of a much larger self...the Cosmos.

You are a body of energy with a certain vibration. You can pick up on many other vibrations depending on how much you work on being in tune to others. Example is people...over time you can pick up on their vibrations. With people, we often act in ways that will pull other peoples energy into us. We might shun certain people...and by doing this...we gain a certain energy back from them. Learning how to not do this....for our own reasons of self....takes some practice. Being open, to not only what we wish to intake but also, the other energies that are around us that we remain so unaware of all the time...is not something humans are used to anymore.

When you observe planets in the sky....what planet strikes you with the strongest energy. Just off the top of your head....name one planet that strikes you personally...as being a strong planet.

Start with that intuition...trust it...and start to step out and observe it. Learn where it will be and how you can find it in the sky. It might be something you will find in the early morning hours right now....it might be something you will find high in the early night sky. Our of the visible planets...Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn...what one strikes you the strongest right now by just reading them outloud? I ask about the visible planets for they are the easiest to start observing.

Does a full moon strike you more then a new thin crescent moon....or does the thin crescent moon strike you more then the full moon? You can find your moon phase at your birth too...then figure out when the moon will be at that phase again every month...and observe that and see if you feel any tie to that in a harmonic alignment kind of way...as if something is oddly familiar to you about it.

What I suggest, is far beyond just stepping out one night and 'feeling' something one time. Its spiritual work, within you as well as realizing the Spirit within you is within all things outside of you. The IAM within you is within the Moon, Sun, and all the planets and stars...step outside and start to think about that..show awareness to that. You might be surprised at the sense of 'awareness' that returns to you.

edit on 23-1-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
reply to post by Xiamara

My birthday is April 8, 1984. According to 'tropical' I am/was an Aries with Cancer Moon and Virgo Rising. I used that program Stellarium to see what the astronomical alignments were when I was born and it shows the Sun in Pisces and Moon in Gemini, which agrees more with Sidereal. On Stellarium, it also looks like the constellation Hydra was ascending on the eastern horizon at the time I was born, with Leo being the nearest ascending 'sign'.

eMachine, under the Sidereal Zodiac your Sun is in Pisces and your Moon is in Gemini. To get the exact degree of your Moon, you would need to have your Natal Chart done. Your most important sign is the Ascendant or Rising Sign, to get that (it changes every two hours) you most definitely need to have a birth time & birth place.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by muttish
born august 1st a leo, what am i now?

plz inform me. ty.

Muttish, under both the Sidereal Zodiac and the International Astronomical Union (IAU) Zodiac (the one with 13 signs) your Sun is in Cancer.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
I like the new signs it makes a lot more sense now. But then again its for people born after 2003. So as long as your born before that which I'm assuming everyone is, your still the same sign. I think its good we are mixing science and the paranormal. Our ancestors did it so why can't we?

Xiamara, there is much confusion on this topic. The constellation Ophiuchus is NOT new. It has always been incorporated under Scorpio. One reason the serpent is one of the symbols for Scorpio, along with the Scorpion, Eagle and Phoenix.

The 2003 year demarcation is completely artificial.

“Dating back to the time when there was no clear distinction between astronomy and astrology, the zodiac is traditionally thought of as comprising a certain set of constellations. The constellations of both zodiacs are shown in the table below, including Ophiuchus, which was added to the astronomical zodiac by the International Astronomical Union in 1930 when it based its zodiac on the 1875 equinox.”

“In modern astronomy, these, like all constellations, are recognized as chance groupings of stars, with no natural significance."

The irregular 13 sign IAU Zodiac was never meant to be used for divinatory purposes.

Both Tropical & Sidereal Astrology used true astronomical data. Only the zodiacal grid (thru which the heavenly bodies are seen) changes.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Well I'm glad that im not the only one discussing the issue. And i am not saying a sign has changed or anything also, to my belief if there realy is earth progression wouldnt change completely over for 140 years before sign could change houses. Also my new point is that if we cannot see winter stars in the summer how could an earths wobble change a prominant constaltion by about a month, it is more like the earth slowed down. That is like saying the earth can wobble and 12000 years from now see winter stars in summer, not possible. each constellation is seperated by a 30 degree period around the sun meaning one star sign is more prominant in winter than summer etc. Earth only sees stars on back side of the earth, so as earth goes around the sun cannot see winter stars in summer, in same theoryetically earth should not be seeing a new constallation in a later month unless earths cycle around sun has slowed down, not due to a wobble. Also if things have changed it would be good to save tropical, just merely changing signs over to a new house sign would keep some of its traits but gain new ones and would make tropical astrology good for an estimated 2100 years for next generation.

Also it is neat that you feel spirited by mars. Mars is one of my favorate planets. My nickname or alter ego is God of War even though im a libra. And according to mythology Mars was about spring, cultivation and protection and wasnt all evil. But people renamed him God of war cause they always won wars when they took the statue of Mars out to war.

Next sidereal is alright to, and maybe our generation could adapt it, but also sidereal should remember, even to ancient acient days even cave men that signs were not only influenced by planet but also traits of season, like a sign could mean goodluck to plant or time to harvest, their way of tellin time, reason for having a calender, and feel that next generation should not have a traditional astrology. So a sign starting spring like pisces now would be more a leader, and mid season more will full, and end season for adaptable, etc, and a spring and fall more balanced. Also tropical not only acepts fixed traits but also coul adapt to acept real events of the sky if they want to partner with an Astronomer.But personally i like tropical but Tropical just wants to be religiosly fixed on season alone even thoug things are changing and do not relize it was also about cosmos. I wish i could fix it. And sometimes i think the only way i can is to say the signs are moving into a new house. And also by doing that Sidereal and Tropical would be closer to the same. Good luck to me.

And also even as the god of war, I myself feel spirited by season. Hey when its summer im happy and just wan a hang out with friends got to the river or something, and in the winter i sometimes feel more stuck in the house. Tropical had a logic and is more traditional to the art. So even if sidereal, shouldnt just ignore signs of the season, Equinox,Solstice, Cardinal,Succedent,Cadent etc.

Last stars are signs relative per every 30degrees of earths position around the sun so calender dates should not change, if they have changed then the earth has eithor speed up or slowed down yearly trip round sun, and before this whole thing happened there was material suggesting that. This issue is more than just a wobble but a sign that the earth has slowed down yearly trip around sun if spring starts late or that our calenders are off over the years. P.S. it could have something to do with our clock, we use a perfect 24 hour day, but a counterclockwise rotation of stars take just under 24 at like 23.5 hours.

Also, sidereal is a branch of tropical and use many same traits and tradition as tropical. The only way i can see to fix tropical is to put Aries in the second house, then the figures would be close their same 30deg position when first made by Babylon, and in 70 to140 give or take years would be more exact in place. By placing aries in the second house in tropical then the sun realy will be rising in Aries in April as not realy in March anymore,(maybe his tail in march) and in the signs the right months, nature changes guess even stars, but just as we were handed down the art of fundamental traditional astrorology from the ancients, i think it would be fair for the kids, so that the next generation have a traditional fundamental tropical astrology. And by doing this tropical sidereal be more the same. P.s. also by tropical sayin aries in first is wrong by traits, so if sidereal adapts traits from tropical then many traits are wrong. Putting Aries in second house tropical is the only way i can see to fix this. I know how to interpret traits and alot about astrology and mythology, maybe i could try write a book. I dont know if anyone would like it or accept it, but i could at least try. And there is still time to revise this otherwise people centuries from now might wake up and to news and say peopl are two signs off, so i dont care what peoples opinions are or denial of fundaments, but i want to save tradition and make tropical fundamental again and so that the next generation have an ancient fundamental tropical astrology a rich art that was handed down to us only fair if the next has one too; Im not doing this for me or anyone, Im doing this for kids. Signing out. Also i believe in God also, but i believe he has 2 names, one is sacred Hebrew and the other is gentile Apollion (or Apollo i dont know how spell it) God of the sun who has a son who was a healer. Peace.

edit on 23-1-2011 by reddsite because: spelling

edit on 23-1-2011 by reddsite because: add coment

edit on 24-1-2011 by reddsite because: spelling

edit on 24-1-2011 by reddsite because: spelling, again.

edit on 24-1-2011 by reddsite because: spelling.

edit on 24-1-2011 by reddsite because: spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

SeaWind: The Astrologer is consulted BEFORE the wedding. Yes, of course, if the marriage fails -- then the Astrologer who pronounced the couple compatible would be considered incompetent.

No, I got that. Consulted BEFORE, as in matchmaker. In this case the couple could have been compatible and chosen not to be. Or at least a failed match could be spun in that way.

SeaWind: So you're saying that an astrological reading becomes a "self-fulfilling prophecy." It might be that in certain cases. I believe an astrological reading is more than that and "positive thinking." But you're welcome to believe what you want.

Yes, I am saying exactly that. What I am asking is, is there measurable science behind this? What would convince me of this aside from positive data that might have been slanted and /or selected because it was positive toward the power(s) of the stars? Or a coincidence that might convince me in a similar fashion that say a fortuneteller was correct in forecasting my future? "I see money in your future!' How about that, pay day is friday! I am exagerating of course.

I am both skeptical and playing "the skeptic" in my own thread. If I don't there's no chance of any insights. If I don't you're "preaching to the choir". And so I thank you and others for humoring me and answering my rather pointed questions in a calm and patient fashion. There's not much I can do to soften these questions and so I apologize for that. I think it's the nature of the skepticism beast. That said I remain open to the possibilities provided by you and the others posting.

I will check out your thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i keep this snip in one of my briefcase folders...as a reminder to myself:

=Attending to one's dreams, waking visions, and synchronicities is the foundation of shamanic consciousness, and was an integral component of the ancient world,

especially through the dream healing practices related to the Greek god of healing,

Asclepius, known in the heavens as Ophiuchus...

see...Ophiuchus is also known as the healing symbol = Caduceus = the DNA double helix

expect some mystical adepts to have been born or conceived under this sign...and
this knowledge to have been secret from the uninitiated ...
my guessing is that one person ruled by this sign might have been Leonardo DaVinci...
among a few others across time & history

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

We have modern astrologers in this thread telling us that signs and their related tendencies and messages must be interpreted by the individuals. And so it's like the recent KIA commercials with the hamsters. "I can go with this or I can go with that." Neither is wrong it's my choice. If I choose correctly I am in some way in touch with the stars and if I choose wrongly I am unenlightened or in some way not ready for the message.

As Seawind likes to point out...even though I have never claimed to be one...I am not an astrologer. Im a observer and a Seeker which is something anyone can be.

OK, understood, not a problem. That was not an attack. "Astrologer" for not knowing the term you preferred. You are an observer of both astronomical and astrological phenomena. Is that fair to say?

Its not just as easy as 'go with this or that'. Its a path of studying first, what has the spheres meant to mankind in the past. Imagine, before you were born...the IAM (Spirit of life) before incarnating into the body that 'makes you'....knows all mankinds past thoughts and ideas, knows the 'signs' in the sky man has made and found meaning to....and knows it can use these concepts to spark a light in you one day when you yourself, seek this true self of 'being' within you and within all other life, like even in the planets and stars in the sky. There is alot of spiritual work that needs to be done, and its a observation going on within you and outside of you over a course of time. Depending on your honesty about yourself, depending on what you feel you are in need of and what you are willing to be open to about what you need to work on...and then emptying your cup before the Universe as you observe the cosmos....you will feel the Universe then, show awareness back to you. This..is just the beginning....of 'feeling' a energy to a sphere. Observing and learning each spheres orbit around the Sun, from Earths perspective, awakens your own inner compass as well...as you being a part, of a much larger self...the Cosmos.

You are a body of energy with a certain vibration. You can pick up on many other vibrations depending on how much you work on being in tune to others. Example is people...over time you can pick up on their vibrations. With people, we often act in ways that will pull other peoples energy into us. We might shun certain people...and by doing this...we gain a certain energy back from them. Learning how to not do this....for our own reasons of self....takes some practice. Being open, to not only what we wish to intake but also, the other energies that are around us that we remain so unaware of all the time...is not something humans are used to anymore.

When you observe planets in the sky....what planet strikes you with the strongest energy. Just off the top of your head....name one planet that strikes you personally...as being a strong planet.

Start with that intuition...trust it...and start to step out and observe it. Learn where it will be and how you can find it in the sky. It might be something you will find in the early morning hours right now....it might be something you will find high in the early night sky. Our of the visible planets...Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn...what one strikes you the strongest right now by just reading them outloud? I ask about the visible planets for they are the easiest to start observing.

Does a full moon strike you more then a new thin crescent moon....or does the thin crescent moon strike you more then the full moon? You can find your moon phase at your birth too...then figure out when the moon will be at that phase again every month...and observe that and see if you feel any tie to that in a harmonic alignment kind of way...as if something is oddly familiar to you about it.

What I suggest, is far beyond just stepping out one night and 'feeling' something one time. Its spiritual work, within you as well as realizing the Spirit within you is within all things outside of you. The IAM within you is within the Moon, Sun, and all the planets and stars...step outside and start to think about that..show awareness to that. You might be surprised at the sense of 'awareness' that returns to you.

I think intuition is a good choice of words here. Intuition "resonates" with me. I follow my intuition many times with people and choices that present themselves and certainly not always choosing the path of least initial resistance. Although more often than not my chosen path has in the end the least resistance. Hard to tell what that is all about. Is there solid information behind my intuition that just isn't at the front of my mind when making these intuitive decisions? Perhaps, as we don't fully understand the workings of the mind. Are there subtle influences that I percieve and give me a feel for these decisions? Along the lines of celestial influences? Perhaps, as we don't fully understand the extent of human perception. Sixth sense and that sort of thing.

I am rather observant and that is surely the foundation for my intuitive decisions. I will need to do some stargazing and moon gazing as you've described to see if I can relate. I remain open to the possibilities as I stated earlier. Again, thank you for your input and patience. Your posts are much appreciated.

PS Sorry, the list of visible planets did nothing for me. I read the list a couple of times and Neptune jumped to mind. Is that intuitive or just my mind fighting the choices presented?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Well you can start with the idea that its not a happenstance that you say Neptune today...and then you should look to where Neptune would be at even though you cant see it.

Neptune sits in Aquarius right now...our coming age. Aquarius is the constellation on the western horizon right after the Sun sets. You may find a interests to do a little 'quite mind' after the setting sun, towards the western horizon. Know you are aligning yourself of the direction of Neptune...and the direction of Aquarius.

What do you think of when you hear the word 'Aquarius'? You dont have to give me your answer but its something I myself would ask myself...if I were you.

If you care to give all of this more of a shot...I can tell you where Neptune was at your birth too. If your curious, you can leave a b-day here or even u2u me.

Just offering a different avenue...if you want to explore that just let me know.

And you are very right...so often we think we are being intuitive when really its our personalities coming through or our desires ect...BUT...the path that we are in need of is still there! If we keep observing a growing...we will see through our past times where we thought we were intuitive but we will learn that it was something else, and through that experience of looking back, we learn things. We had to have the 'times of not really' for the times of 'really' to be. Its a process all through life of weighing and measuring our self, which often, we fool our self yes. But those moments of fooling our self, has purpose in its own right, ironically.
edit on 24-1-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere
Yes, I am saying exactly that. What I am asking is, is there measurable science behind this? What would convince me of this aside from positive data that might have been slanted and /or selected because it was positive toward the power(s) of the stars? Or a coincidence that might convince me in a similar fashion that say a fortuneteller was correct in forecasting my future? "I see money in your future!' How about that, pay day is friday! I am exagerating of course.

I am both skeptical and playing "the skeptic" in my own thread. If I don't there's no chance of any insights. If I don't you're "preaching to the choir". And so I thank you and others for humoring me and answering my rather pointed questions in a calm and patient fashion. There's not much I can do to soften these questions and so I apologize for that. I think it's the nature of the skepticism beast. That said I remain open to the possibilities provided by you and the others posting.

I will check out your thread.

Hemisphere, did you check out my thread? My first three OPs should clear up some things. (Ignore the alabe.com linked provided by Human_Alien -- it only does Tropical Zodiac charts).

Hemisphere: "What I am asking is, is there measurable science behind this?"

There have been attempts to prove the scientific validity of Astrology. The most famous to tackle this has been Michel Gauquelin.

"Michel Gauquelin (November 13, 1928 – May 20, 1991) was a French psychologist and statistician. Along with his first wife Françoise Schneider-Gauquelin (born June 19, 1929), he conducted statistical research in an attempt to develop a scientific basis for astrology."

en.wikipedia.org...

If you don't think Astrology has any merit because there's no laboratory proof that every time a person's Moon trines Jupiter, it is guaranteed to mean "such & such," you are free to believe that. Astrology is more complicated and subtle than that.

This has never really concerned me. I'm a practical person. If something is NOT useful, I'm NOT going to spend a lot of time on it. And Astrology takes time to learn & time to gather experience. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating of it." Astrology has survived millennia as a life tool in India because it is USEFUL.

SeaWind
edit on 24-1-2011 by SeaWind because: Attempted to separate reply from quote.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i keep this snip in one of my briefcase folders...as a reminder to myself:

=Attending to one's dreams, waking visions, and synchronicities is the foundation of shamanic consciousness, and was an integral component of the ancient world,

especially through the dream healing practices related to the Greek god of healing,

Asclepius, known in the heavens as Ophiuchus...

see...Ophiuchus is also known as the healing symbol = Caduceus = the DNA double helix

expect some mystical adepts to have been born or conceived under this sign...and
this knowledge to have been secret from the uninitiated ...
my guessing is that one person ruled by this sign might have been Leonardo DaVinci...
among a few others across time & history

St. Udio, the other day I was reading a book (not about Astrology) that had pages & pages devoted to Enki, Moses, Akhenaton, Thoth, Hermes Trismegistus, Asclepius and how all these characters are linked. That's what I call synchronicity. The serpent is an extremely powerful ancient symbol connected to wisdom, healing & regeneration. Yes, other people have noticed how the two intertwined snakes look like the double helix of DNA.

We're you peeking at Leonardo da Vinci's Sidereal chart (Lahiri)?

Da Vinci's Ascendant was at 20 degrees, 25 minutes Scorpio conjoined with the asteroid Pallas. That section of Scorpio should most definitely feel the influence of Ophiuchus.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

thanks for navigating through all the jungle foliage & underbrush of my post.

but even saying that certain peoples were born under a certain sign or date might be misdirection
by those who feel it is their duty to obscure the real dates... especially those born within the short
lived influence of Ophiuchus/ 13th Sign-Constellation

another person in history ... secretly born under this Sign's influence...might have been the Jesus
child...and the Adepts/seers/mystical authorities/Maji have kept this secret from the masses

interesting subject and might make a paradigm changing Thesis project & paper

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

reply to post by SeaWind

but even saying that certain peoples were born under a certain sign or date might be misdirection
by those who feel it is their duty to obscure the real dates... especially those born within the short

another person in history ... secretly born under this Sign's influence...might have been the Jesus
child...and the Adepts/seers/mystical authorities/Maji have kept this secret from the masses

St. Udio, you seem to think there has been a conspiracy to hide Ophiuchus? Can you say why? Or is the answer too complicated?

According to Edgar Cayce, Jesus Christ was born on March 19, the year 4 BC, just after Midnight in Bethlehem. I'm not a Christian, although I do believe Jesus really did exist and was a genuine spiritual teacher.

SeaWind

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
SeaWind, this is a long thread and I've read most of it, but I have a question which I didn't notice being addressed yet. If a natal chart was originally done using the Tropical method, if the Sun sign then becomes different using the Sidereal method, is it true that the moon, the ascendant, and all of the planetary influences also "slide over" a sign ( for lack of a better description ) as well? In other words, can the chart simply be "rotated" to correct the planetary readings and keep the all mathematical correlations the same? Or is it more complex than that? I have been trying to locate a Sidereal astrology site to find the answer and have not found any so far.
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So, according to the chart on this video, i'm no longer a sagittarius, but an ophiuchus. www.jujushare.com...

I decided to check stellarium, and on the exact day and hour of my birth, the sun seems to be in the position where the leg of ophiuchus and the claw of scorpius overlap. And my moon is in sagittarius.

Interesting stuff. So are there published character traits for those who fall under the ophiuchus sign?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by SeaWind

You are 100% correct friend , I have tried to point thus out earlier , In numerous threads on this subject even the OP chose to conveniantly to ignore as it does not suit the agenda .The recognition of this sign at this time is significant as many understand what time we are in .Their will be great signs in the heavens .

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Having just read 13th Zodiac's post about healing I am almost ashamed to say NO NO NO to a thirteenth sign because you could not extract me with a crowbar out from Aquarius into Capricorn. Being a fixed little sign I was miffed enough when Pluto was demoted from a planet, as its opposite my sun on my natal and I can tell anyone about the effect that opposition from a non-planet has. I will also be glad when Neptune trots off out of Aquarius because it certainly does not dwell well there.

I am surprised that the 13th sign is put to healing, does anyone have any ideas of a planetory ruler?

I did hear a speaker once say that originally there were 10 signs, (minus libra and scorpio) He went on to explain that once man had separated into male and female, the two extra signs were added. I don't know whether anyone else has heard this but I have not been able to find anything about it.

I think there is a lot more to the 'serpents' that we know about. Two things from the bible have stayed with me: Christ said "Be ye wise as serpents" ?? and whilst visiting a very old Church in Cornwall I could not help but notice a painted glass window with a - presumably- Saint holding a bowl with tiny serpents in it. Its a weird thing for a communion bowl to hold. The second thing is that Christ also refers to the planets as 'powers'. I can't give the verse because I don't have my bible with me.

It strikes me as slightly strange in that whenever I have seen figures holding snakes from the ancient world they are invariably women in long skirts with bare breasts and their hair elaborately dressed. I cannot remember ever having seen any pictures or figurines of men holding Hissing Sid.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I thought the 13th Zodiac sign was the spider?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join