It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ophiuchus, the 13th Zodiac Sign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Allred5923

I explained how this blunder occurred about 2000 years ago when man 'fixed' the wheel and made a 'wheel' that did not truly represent the observable sky.

I have been working for a couple years now to bring back...the practice of how the ancient people did use the sky. They used what could really be observed. If the Moon was in Leo...they surely did not say it was in Virgo due to a old position or fixed wheel. They observed and then used that observation for reflection with astrological understanding.

LV, is it possible that the signs were reduced for "standardization" at some point? 12 months, 12 signs, 4 seasons and such? (Mythos' post touched on this.) All relating to the 365 day calendar. And of course that needs correction beyond the leap year at times. What I'm asking was this for simplicity sake or was there something sinister behind dropping the 13th sign?

Secondly, would you indulge me and the other posters. December 5, 1957. This is my birth date. I was a Sagittarius and am now Ophiuchus. What has changed for me? Keep in mind I'm not into astrology, I did not know what attributes a Sagittarius would have as opposed to another sign. Perhaps that is for the best as I would have had incorrect expectations for myself. What can you tell us?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

That seems to be the general opinion. The stars continue doing what they have always done and it is our observations or lack thereof that has changed.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

for me, the real question is, why are they making an issue about this now?

this is not a new thing, but all I have been seeing all day in news and on social sites(even here, on ATS, there are multiple threads) is about this 'new' sign

it's BS and I'm wondering why its being pushed...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
You may recall in the New Testament's , book of revelations .Christ speaks to the Churches and speaks to one, of his knew secrect name for his return . That name is JASON ( again translates to HEALER from Greek ) and is hiden and encrypted into the modern calendar .This is the only name that this can be done with , can you see it ??
J uly
A ugust
S eptember
O ctober
N ovember

Now 13th, how do we reconcile that the months as we know them were named for the Caesars and Latin numbers? Julius, Augustus, septem (Latin for 7), octo (Latin for 8) and novem (Latin for 9).

TPTB at that time knew "The Secret" as did TPTB who followed suit with the English version? This is a totally fascinating thread, people, although I'm a little creaped out about the ATS Thread that mentioned a meteor on the way to Antarctica 2012... you know, southern hemisphere, arrival of JASON. Maybe our own PTB are just fear-mongering because they are afraid. Misery loves company, as they say!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Someone may have mentioned this already, but if the Sun travels through the sign of Ophiuchus in 19 days rather than a full calendar month then it would comprise only those 19 days and not shove Sagittarius forward or Scorpio backward. That would be like trying to stretch out the year to accommodate rather than shorten what actually is Shorter!

Geez-whiz on the brain can get us in a trifle, however, given this thought and the fact that none of us want to deny a Zodiac their day, what I would like is to hear from those folks that are actually born in these 19 days of Ophiuchus. Let's see if perhaps they lean more towards one or the other of the Signs, but my guess is that they are torn between them, and that they are much more if not very different. The trick is for us, in this time-frame, to try and identify those characteristics which are easily associated with such a large diverse group of people; our prodigious 19-Day People! So this would be November 30 through December 17 specifically for Ophiuchus.

Personally I have never given that much thought behind the Zodiac as far as telling me how my world will be and how the influence could possibly relate to thousands born on my birthday. I put more credence behind the influence of Numbers, and I see the Month as being the defining role in that initial relationship with any particular number. For me, I am Scorpio, but I am not just a Scorpio since I am born in November. The key here is November in how I am different to my brethren October-Scorpions, as we are like Night and Day, as they are influenced by the 1, and I am influenced by the 11.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
reply to post by Hemisphere

for me, the real question is, why are they making an issue about this now?

this is not a new thing, but all I have been seeing all day in news and on social sites(even here, on ATS, there are multiple threads) is about this 'new' sign

it's BS and I'm wondering why its being pushed...

On a similar note of your ideology of this being nothing but repeated old news, I have to agree, but what this thread does seem to really shine a candle on is how easily a civilization can loose such astrological and rather empirical information of the ancient civilizations that they so readily knew back in there day. This really does show how it all can be lost to lack of reiteration and common communication and self absorbed teaching's and acceptance. Very cool indeed!!
as far as this Zodiacal sign being here forever, well, it seems it was an inception in the days of the Pharaohs, and namely Imhotep, This of course can be traced back to the basic fact that there are evidences that showed that Imhotep was a master physician and had incredible knowledge of both pyramidal structures and medical procedures as well:

The 13th sign of the zodiac, unlike the other 12 signs is actually associated with a real person. In the 27th Century BCE in Ancient Egypt lived a man known as Imhotep. Imhotep was known as ‘Aesclepius’ by the Ancient Greeks, however the attributes are the same under either name.
One of Imhoteps abilities was healing and it is said that it was he who introduced it to mankind. His accomplishments also included a wide knowledge of medicine. The serpent or snake symbol which is still used today to symbolize the medical profession was also used to represent Imhotep. Below is a list of attributes associated with the Serpent Holder, Imhotep i.e Aesclepius. The descriptions below are associated with the 13th sign - Ophiuchus.

The 13TH Sign

Guess what draws ones attention of today's conversations wouldn't necessarily be the "13TH Sign" debate, but how the probability stands out that we are continually repeating history.. Just a forethought to your associations in thought of this being just repeated and not some new fangled discovery.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
On the plus side from what I've been looking at, and what I read on another post in here, it only effects people born after 2009. So if you all were born before that which I'm sure you were,
we'll be okay.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You guys unless you were born this year your still your sign. The moment you were born the sun and moon were in a certain spot this new constellation doesn't affect our past it only affects the present.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaythai92
You guys unless you were born this year your still your sign. The moment you were born the sun and moon were in a certain spot this new constellation doesn't affect our past it only affects the present.

this is what they tell you, but it is not true...

use Stellarium and go see what astrological sign the sun is in on your date of birth...

according to my birthdate, I am a Leo, but using Stellarium, I can clearly see that the sun is in Cancer on the day I was born

I had to go back to the year 100AD(roughly) to actually see the sun rising in Leo on the month and day I was born.

the fact is, our modern astrology was fixed a long time ago and has been inaccurate ever since.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You guys unless you were born this year your still your sign.

But, "If it was always there for the ages, wouldn't it be a depiction of lost knowledge rather than being the 'Same Sign' scenario?" How do justify there "NOT" being any empirical impact of "New" translation of the accepted years, even if it has been 3K thus far?" Just wondering if the conclusions given make rational sense..

The moment you were born the sun and moon were in a certain spot this new constellation doesn't affect our past it only affects the present.

Well, the moment I was born, the 13th symbol still existed, it seems more and more like a 'Daylight savings' analogy rather than an appropriate and accurate convening of celestial events that has happened for millennial accounts of our accepted calender?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
You realize this only affects people born AFTER 2009...
read...

Woah... pretty big wobble on the ol' axis in just over one year's time, then!

Was this 'predicted' by astronomers? Why the sudden, uh... "There's your sign" articles-- with no real explanation early on that this would be forthcoming. For that matter, why didn't they say, early in 2009, "Due to our wobbly home, this year represents the end of the zodiac as we know it. All babies born from 2010 onward will henceforth be aligned with Zodiac ver. 2.1-- please plan accordingly (ie: gifts, tatoos, response to temper-tantrums...)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander1111
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Ophiuchus (οφιούχος) does not translate as healer from Greek. It actually means the one who bears snakes (serpent-holder).

όφις = snake + -ούχος (signifies possession, from the verb έχω = to have)

Good catch on that one.

Something I found very interesting in the video presented on page 1, posted by Who's Ready, is that the narrator keeps calling the bird symbol an eagle, but clearly, it is not. At 4:09 to 4:16 take a good look at the bird image. It appears to me to be the symbol of the Phoenix.

Could there be some correlation between the appearance of the 13th zodiac sign and the Phoenix?

Why do we see the Phoenix represented in the political arena as well as the churches?

The Phoenicians called themselves "sons of the Phoenix". The Phoenicians were Canaanites. The word Canaan means "trader or merchant". The legend goes that the sons of the Phoenix were immortal and were able to rise again no matter how many times they were destroyed.

Could there be some correlation between Moses' snake on a pole and Ophiuchus?

And here is an eerie parallel...

Considering the documentation of translation from the post quoted above defines Ophiuchus as the snake holder, is this the snake holder in modern day?

Edit to add:
You might enjoy the subject of "astrotheology". This is a lengthy video but I found it well worth the time.

Google Video Link

edit on 14-1-2011 by Alethea because: video

edit on 14-1-2011 by Alethea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Few questions.

A) Apparently by the link by the OP I am now an Ophiuchus...December 8th

B) but by your calender I am what?

C) Enoch predates Christ scripture/history so wouldn't that make Christ a duplicate for Enoch no?

D) According to your calender there should be a 13th month no? If each month should only have 28 days 28*13 = 364 days. What would be the 13th month and does this throw the December 21(23) 2012 date off by a month in either direction?

Thanks

~sly~

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

this is what they tell you, but it is not true...

use Stellarium and go see what astrological sign the sun is in on your date of birth...

according to my birthdate, I am a Leo, but using Stellarium, I can clearly see that the sun is in Cancer on the day I was born

I had to go back to the year 100AD(roughly) to actually see the sun rising in Leo on the month and day I was born.

the fact is, our modern astrology was fixed a long time ago and has been inaccurate ever since.

This seems to be correct. I went back to my birthday in Stellarium and the morning of December 8th the sun indeed rise in Ophiuchus or more specifically right in-between Ophiuchus and Scorpio.

Interesting...
edit on 14-1-2011 by Sly1one because: Edit wrong sign

edit on 14-1-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

the fact that Ophiuchus is present in Stellarium and many astrological maps is proof that its been around many many years

and the tracking of the sunrise in Stellarium shows its been a birthsign for just as long

it was removed for many reasons (even number signs per months per seasons, unlucky number, etc..)

I'm still trying to figure out why they are making a big deal about it though... anyone who truely understands astrology knows that what most people believe is their birthsign based on static dates is not true.

I have little interest in astrology, and I have been aware of Ophiuchus for years. why is this mainstream news??

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

the fact that Ophiuchus is present in Stellarium and many astrological maps is proof that its been around many many years

and the tracking of the sunrise in Stellarium shows its been a birthsign for just as long

it was removed for many reasons (even number signs per months per seasons, unlucky number, etc..)

I'm still trying to figure out why they are making a big deal about it though... anyone who truely understands astrology knows that what most people believe is their birthsign based on static dates is not true.

I have little interest in astrology, and I have been aware of Ophiuchus for years. why is this mainstream news??

It is indeed interesting to me. My father in law was born in 1932 and he too is Ophiuchus in stellarum.

Here is a conspiracy based theory for you.

Maybe they wanted to hide Ophiuchus until the right time to "reveal" the 13 signs and eventually the 13 months.

A 13 zodiac 13 month calender makes so much more sense balance wise than a 12 -12 system that is obviously forced.

a 13 month calender would evenly distribute 28 days between all the months allowing for 364 days. Still every for years an extra day would have to be account for the 364.25 orbit.

13 months just makes so much more sense to me...

anyway interesting enough all this talk about Ophiuchus and snakes, to add a little weirdness and synchronicity to the whole thing would explain my obsession with snakes, hence my avatar...

interesting...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I always wondered why there seemed to be two distinct type of Sags,
the super outgoing sociable one and the MUCH quieter more intellectual
type (like me!) This explains that perfectly!

And Kalisdad....that is a seriously scary avatar!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyDawn
I always wondered why there seemed to be two distinct type of Sags,
the super outgoing sociable one and the MUCH quieter more intellectual
type (like me!) This explains that perfectly!

And Kalisdad....that is a seriously scary avatar!!

There are higher and lower types of any sign.
I love astrology and I could care less about all of this.
I do not consider that where Jupiter is in front of what constellation is what makes it all work anyway.
I think astrology is just a way to measure where we are in cycles of time.
If my clock gets off and starts bonging at 9:07 I do not feel the need to change the world to match my clock. Work still starts at 9am and ends at 5pm, Monday-Friday with lunch at noon.
The universe is a physical thing. It is perfect and did not 'mess up.'
Cycles of astrology cross into uncertain territory, as humans are also mental and spiritual creatures who make choices and don't merely just orbit. Who says that the cycles of man have to exactly match the physicality of the universe? Not I. The further out we get, hey, the further out we GET.

In any event, Astrology is a good way to garden. Spring still follows Winter and Summer follows Spring. I still see more folks out on a full moon and I don't sign a contract if Mercury goes retrograde. I don't see that anything has changed. We've always allowed for such things as progression of the Equinoxes which is why we have house systems. Indian Vedic Astrology is very different but they are using it to measure cycles as well.

In 1970 we wore hiphuggers and low rise jeans. In the 80s pants became high waisted and straight. You can even see the cycles repeating in the clothes, everything changes but the song remains the same.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hope nobody is too excited about these possible changed. According to this link nothing is changing.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Something I found very interesting in the video presented on page 1, posted by Who's Ready, is that the narrator keeps calling the bird symbol an eagle, but clearly, it is not. At 4:09 to 4:16 take a good look at the bird image. It appears to me to be the symbol of the Phoenix.

Could there be some correlation between the appearance of the 13th zodiac sign and the Phoenix?

Why do we see the Phoenix represented in the political arena as well as the churches?

The Phoenicians called themselves "sons of the Phoenix". The Phoenicians were Canaanites. The word Canaan means "trader or merchant". The legend goes that the sons of the Phoenix were immortal and were able to rise again no matter how many times they were destroyed.

Could there be some correlation between Moses' snake on a pole and Ophiuchus?

And here is an eerie parallel...

Considering the documentation of translation from the post quoted above defines Ophiuchus as the snake holder, is this the snake holder in modern day?

Great stuff Alethea. The Phoenix from what I've read is big with the NWO folks. Most of us have seen threads featuring Hillary Clinton wearing her Phoenix brooch. My bad, I meant eagle brooch!

We've also seen depictions of St. Patrick and his staff chasing the snakes out of Ireland. Is this also a parallel to Moses and Ophiuchus?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join