It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ophiuchus, the 13th Zodiac Sign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lawgiver
scorpios get shafted: only 7 days?
i'm gonna have to change all my jewelry, no longer a pisces. it gives "what's your sign, baby" a whole new twist.
enjoyed reading it. don't understand how it could just change.

Instead of looking at it as Scorpios are shafted...look at it that Scorpios are truly rare.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Perhaps, but the point of my post was to correct the erroneous notion that the word ophiuchus means healer. It does not. On the other hand, the name Jason (Ιάσων) correctly translates as healer. It comes fron the verb ιάσθαι which means to heal.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
[just posted this on another thread. figure i'd put it here as well]

the 'personas' of the zodiac are related more to the influence of the seasons than to the influence of the stars. the stars / constellations function as a sort of clock or celestial calendar that denoted the particular time of season... and yes, the clock might be off.

zodiac 101 (for those interested in and as of yet unawares):

the zodiac is based upon the combination of 2 seasonal principles:

the Elements: fire, earth, air, water
the Quadruplicities: cardinal, fixed, mutable

each Element has their own interpretations.
i.e. Water relates to the emotional self. Air - intellectual, etc.
(much of this elemental persona relations are also found in tarot suits, by the way).

the cycle of the Elements repeats itself 3 times in a year, so there are 3 fire signs in the zodiac, 3 earth signs, etc.

each season has a Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable quadrupility. these too, have their own personalities.
Cardinal is the first, the initiator of the season. Fixed is the season at its peek, and therefor represents a more resolved persona. mutable is the season as it changes, and represents a more malleable persona.

these repeat 4 times (one for each season).

therefore:

Spring:

Cardinal / Fire = aries
Fixed / Earth= taurus
Mutable / Air =gemini

Summer

Cardinal/Water=Cancer
Fixed / Fire = Leo
Mutable / Earth = Virgo

Autumn

Cardinal / Air = Libra
Fixed / Water = Scorpio
Mutable / Fire = Sagitarius

Winter

Cardinal / Earth = Capricorn
Fixed / Air = Aquarius
Mutable / Water = Pisces

sooo..... for Aries: the initiator, the rabble-rouser, the spark, leaping headfirst into any given situation.

Fire is the kinectic element. Cardinal is the initiatory quadruplicity. merge the two and we have the persona of the aries.... just like the energy of the beginning of spring: blammo! new life in on the scene! not yet matured and stable, but certainly vibrant and alive!

leo is also a Fire sign... kinectic and dynamic, but it is a fixed sign... less "hyper" yet more resolved in its persona. hence the regal leader (or actor). this relates to the peek of summer: proud in its growth and lushness. life at its full bloom.

etc....

the following web-page is not a bad summary of it all, though i first learned all of this in a blue satin book of antiquity called Q given to me by a rather unique korean woman, so the experience left quite the impression!!

hubpages.com...

so, long story short, even after 2009, i don't think one needs to worry if their respective zodiac sign is off... at least until this global weather phenomenon disrupts the very nature of the seasons!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander1111
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Ophiuchus (οφιούχος) does not translate as healer from Greek. It actually means the one who bears snakes (serpent-holder).

όφις = snake + -ούχος (signifies possession, from the verb έχω = to have)

Yes quiet true ! Also translates to holder of the snake or serpent or serpens or serpentes .Just how literal would you like to take it .While that is the most literal translantion, that is not the role of the archytype which is the Healer .Prehaps I am at fault in the way I worded myself .Research Asclepius/Ophiucus they are one in the same .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by Alexander1111
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Ophiuchus (οφιούχος) does not translate as healer from Greek. It actually means the one who bears snakes (serpent-holder).

όφις = snake + -ούχος (signifies possession, from the verb έχω = to have)

Yes quiet true ! Also translates to holder of the snake or serpent or serpens or serpentes .Just how literal would you like to take it .While that is the most literal translantion, that is not the role of the archytype which is the Healer .Prehaps I am at fault in the way I worded myself .Research Asclepius/Ophiucus they are one in the same .

Its a opportunity to heal.....within you.

Its a choice.

Control/become master of the snake/animal in you...or release it and release chaos.

This sign is about a choice. As you chose to control the snake you choose to help the world heal. If you release chaos...how are you helping the world heal.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

This really does change everything. Even...the cardinal signs.

The Spring Equinox sun does not rise in Aries anymore...it rises in Pisces....

So take it from there...the signs that represent the seasons has changed.

I find it a blunder that man fixed the wheel to stay the same and never change with the wobble of the Earth. I find it a blunder that they left out Ophiuchus. I find it a blunder that astrologist dont also acknowledge that the moon and planets move also through signs like Cetus, Sextans, Serpens, Bootes, Coma Berenices...and the Sun itself also rides the cusp of Orion for 3 days of every year. People need to know this stuff. Would you like to be told that the Sun was in Gemini at your birth....when it really was on the cusp of the famous and anciently loved Orion?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
is that right can you actually just decide to add another zodiac sign?
kinda pointless besides that the number 13 and the serpent go together

what about ppl with tattoos??

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2010

I pretty much never log in anymore, and with so much going on it's kind of ironic. Anyway, this year is turning out to be a year of great change in my mind. This, as small as it may seem to be when compared with other events is astronomically large... S+F

And another interesting thing to me is I have 0 tats. Almost got 1 a few times over the years and it was always going to be the same thing, my Scorpio sign. Guess I dodged that bullet, as I almost got it again on New Year's Eve, but for some reason I just couldn't go through with it.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Here is something people can do. Go to an astrology site and find out where they are saying all the spheres are.

Then go to heavensabove.com...scroll down to the astronomy section...

Click on the Sun link under astronomy...it will tell you what sign its in today....click on the next button at the top of this page and keep clicking till it shows you what day it will change into a new sign. Now look up astrology dates again for the Sun....you will see how far out of date all of this is.

Also you can do the same with the Moon..click on the moon under astronomy and it will tell you every day what sign the moon is in. Check this info against astrology sites.

Then go back to the home page...click on the 'planet summary date'...you can check this daily to see where the planets really are and you can use the night sky over time to check all of this for yourself!

www.heavens-above.com...

Astrology says the Sun is in Capricorn...Astronomy shows us its in Sagittarius.

All the signs do not share the same amount of space in the sky, this was the first blunder in the wheel man made 2000 years ago. Second, the Sun has been passing through 13 signs for a long long time. Third...over time, precession, Earths wobble....the Sun seems to move 1 degree through this wheel...changing over time the dates that the sun will be in certain signs.

If I was born 2000 years ago on Aug 30...I would of been born under a Virgo Sun. But in 1975....going by true positions, the Sun was in Leo on this month and day. 3000 years from now on Aug 30....the Sun will be in Cancer on that day and month.

If it was not for the wobble, we would never change ages. The Sun rising at the Spring Equinox in front of the Pisces sign. In about 600 years from now, on the Spring Equinox....the Sun will rise in Aquarius on this month and day (March 21).

Another way to check for yourself how this has all changed over time...

Go to this link...type in March 21, 2011 at 10am, then click on the square that says Show daylight (uncheck it to make the sky dark for clear viewing)...then click the 'E' button on the bottom of the screen image to point to the East.

You will see the Sun in PIsces at our Spring Equinox.

Now!!! Type March 21, 4000...at 10am, still in the East...but you may have to click a different direction first then click back on E for East so the screen will readjust for you.

On the same month and day....in year 4000AD...the Sun will be in a different place...Aquarius...our coming age.

www.starrynighteducation.com...=4&LatD=33&LatM=31.260000000000048&LatRG=N&LonD=86&LonM=48.179999999999836&LonRG=W&HH=10&Min=00&AmPm= 1&MM=3&DD=21&YY=4000&DST=Yes&SD=No&LocMMA=&LabStar=Yes&Lab=Yes&Cons=Yes&Hor=Yes&SG=&PW=410&PH=358&Az=90&FOV=90&Alt=25&Elev=3&LocN=Earth&Explore=No&

Have fun!
LV

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2010

They didnt just "ADD" it....they have been leaving it out for over 2000 years ever since man 'fixed' a imaginary wheel that does not represent our true sky and true path of the Sun.

The Sun has been moving through this sign for thousands of years.....and it spends more time in this sign then the Sun spends in Scorpio.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

From what I've seen you are now a Virgo!

Here's the new breakdown:

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16

Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11

Pisces: March 11-April 18

Aries: April 18-May 13

Taurus: May 13-June 21

Gemini: June 21-July 20

Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10

Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16

Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30

Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23

Scorpio: Nov. 23-Nov. 29

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17

Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I don't know much about astrology per-say, but I have recently engulfed myself in the strong possibility of the "Ancient Alien Theory" as being quite credible and feasible with the onslaughts of different religions and belief systems being created every day.
You had mentioned in one of your earlier posts that the "Ea & Enki" god theories were not a prudent discussion of the astrological preferred for acceptable probabilities? Archeologists have found Mammoth tusks with the phases of the moon inscribed on them as early as 10K B.C., what would possess them to have want to record such events if they weren't somehow intellectually inclined to do so?
As for the beginning of "Astrology" it is ironic it would have to be recorded by the Hindus some 5-6K years ago as a reference of celestial prominence, and their perceptions of events that were taking place, this, as a matter of speaking of the so called myth's of Ancient people, "A time when the 'Gods were battling in the skies with one another", this was known as the Ancient Mahabharata,which was depicted as in Vimana or flying vehicles, this was quite an event to lucidly explain, not to mention the countless written examples given during this event by individuals from all walks of life.
How can this event be so readily written of as a "Mythological" or "Metaphorical" event that had taken place? If one does revert to the track that the "Ancient Alien Theory" is henged on by way of religious and ancient texts, why is it so hard to accept that this theory may very well be the right one to pursue?
I am not "Trolling" this thread creation, I am just curious how someone with the apparent knowledge of the celestial universe finds this theory as nothing more than a sheer fancy at best?
And one more thing "Have you ever read any of the Ancient Alien theory books or their possible relationships to not one but all religions and belief systems?

Heres a link to the Mahabharata thesis explanation, be warned it is a long read, and sorry, it is only available in PDF format, you might have to cut and paste if it doesn't direct link:

stopnwo.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Thanks for that LV. I will be checking out your thread. It makes sense that if one or thirteen constellations can have some effect, why not far more?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I read this new lineup earlier today on another thread and instead of being a Sagittarius I was an Ophiuchus. From your list I am now a Scorpio - so what am I? My gosh I hope my daughter doesn't freak because she has a Leo tattoo.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

My reply was not about Ea and Eniki....I replied to a post that did mention them but was replying to something else in that post.

I have a whole thread dedicated to offering people the real positions....so I surely dont take it all as sure fancy. Are you confusing me with another poster?

Im trying to help people understand how this effects the energy they were born under, using the real observable sky.

In that post...I was explaining how everything has changed...that the cardinal signs have changed, the days the sun is in certain signs has changed ect....

I explained how this blunder occurred about 2000 years ago when man 'fixed' the wheel and made a 'wheel' that did not truly represent the observable sky.

I have been working for a couple years now to bring back...the practice of how the ancient people did use the sky. They used what could really be observed. If the Moon was in Leo...they surely did not say it was in Virgo due to a old position or fixed wheel. They observed and then used that observation for reflection with astrological understanding.

I have been trying to bring astronomy and astrology back together...as they once were. To do this, we have to observe the positions of the spheres change over time of their days in each sign.

We should of never 'fixed' the wheel to be something that did not change with the Earths wobble....we should of never ignored that the Sun moves through 13 signs...we should of never ignored that the moon and planets go through more then 13 signs.

edit on 13-1-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

I read this new lineup earlier today on another thread and instead of being a Sagittarius I was an Ophiuchus. From your list I am now a Scorpio - so what am I? My gosh I hope my daughter doesn't freak because she has a Leo tattoo.

There are several lists out there...

Some are sidereal wheels that are now including Ophiuchus but these are not really accurate still.

Sun is really in Sagittarius from December 18 to January 17
Sun is really in Ophiuchus November 29 to December 16
Sun is really in Scorpio November 23-28

If you are born on one of the 'start or end' days...its likely you are a cusp child...give me a month, day and year and I can offer you a image of where hte Sun was at your birth..and your daughters if you like.

Cancer July 21-Aug 9
Leo Aug 10-Sept 15
Virgo Sept 16-Oct 30

Again...there are cusp days in the in between changes of signs...so to be more accurate, month, day and year are needed.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

"I do so apologize, please forgive me?" I thought I had 'Clicked' on the correct thread from my "MYATS" area, but unintentionally clicked this one on a separate page..."OOooPPppSSss!"
I was trying to place my 'Reply" in a totally different thread... And I am not even drinking anything hard tonight!!

This is a very good thread though, if it is worth mentioning, had to read the entire thing to find out you were right and I was wrong..I do the some really Senior things as of late, I am blaming 2012 for that though!! LOL
Soooooo...."Great Astrology explanations and such, really informative and educational..."

As Allreed5923 slides out the back door

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Daisy, I mentioned from the outset that I'm not into astrology. That said, I'm amazed at the response and knowledge of these posters. It's intriguing. And so now I too find I'm not what I thought. December 5th. This morning I was a Sagittarius, tonight I'm Ophiuchus. I'm not even certain of the pronunciation but everything old is new again. I had no idea that astrological signs were big for tattoos. It makes sense, I just have not seen them. If these constellations define or influence our lives, I don't think it matters much what artwork is on our skin.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You realize this only affects people born AFTER 2009...
read...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

the wife and I are discussing this issue now

the fact is, Ophiuchus has been an astrological sign forever, but because '13' is considered an unlucky number, and to keep with the 12 months, astrology has maintaied 12 astrological signs when in fact 13 has been recognized my many for years

and as far as your birth sign, astrology was 'fixed' centuries ago and thats screwed up our current system more than adding a 13th sign ever could

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join