It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ophiuchus, the 13th Zodiac Sign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm not into astrology folks but in the least, I thought I was a "Sagittarius" up until now.

New Zodiac Sign Dates: Ophiuchus The 13th Sign?

This from a mystical site:

"Ophiuchus" the 13th Sign of the Astrological Zodiac

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

The following from www.theskullwhisperers.com

The constellation, Ophiuchus, has been known since ancient times, and is better known as Serpentarius, the Serpent Holder. It is included in the list of 48 constellations described by Ptolemy. Ophiuchus is depicted as a man handling a serpent; his body dividing the large snake into two parts, giving way to the symbol used today as an Asclepius - the medical staff. Astrologers have not included Ophiuchus in the wheel of Astrological signs because the Sun spends only about nineteen days in this 13th sign of the Mazzaroth. Not that there wasn't a 13th sign in the Heavens, but as far as Astrologers were concerned, the Sun traveled from the constellation 'Scorpius' and then proceeded directly into the sign of Sagittarius. In reality, this was not the case. The Sun, for 19 days of the year, travels through the star constellation 'Ophiuchus' before entering Sagittarius from Scorpius - see chart below. thus The sign of Ophiuchus is patterned after the original 'Serpent Holder', Enki, a Sumerian god. - Betty Matteson Rhodes

Now for those in the know on things "celestial", what does this new sign portend for the rest of us? Is there something evil in this being the 13th sign? Why now? Is this tied to end times prophecies? I am apparently an "Ophiuchus", is this why 13 has been my "lucky number" so to speak?
Pray tell what the stars have in store oh ye star gazers among us!
edit on 13-1-2011 by Hemisphere because: Missing letter.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Scientists have to ruin everything, first they take pluto away, then the brontosaurus and then the triceratops and now my sign.... bastards. Well I am not a virgo... never I will stay libra thank you very much. Damn Scientists.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The following from Wiki regarding "Zodiac":

In astronomy, the zodiac (Greek: ζῳδιακός, zōdiakos) is the ring of constellations that lines the ecliptic, which is the apparent path of the Sun across the celestial sphere over the course of the year. The paths of the Moon and planets also lie roughly within the ecliptic, and so are also within the constellations of the zodiac. In astrology, the zodiac denotes those signs that divide the ecliptic into twelve equal zones of celestial longitude. As such, the zodiac is a celestial coordinate system, or more specifically an ecliptic coordinate system, taking the ecliptic as the origin of latitude, and the position of the sun at vernal equinox as the origin of longitude.

The entire Wiki entry:

Zodiac

This Wiki entry on Horoscopic astrology:

Horoscopic astrology

Wiki on the History of astrology:

History of astrology

And finally this from coolscopes.com

The Difference Between Astronomy and Astrology

Astronomy and astrology are two very similar sounding names with one very big difference. Astrology is a group of beliefs and schools of thought that posits that the relative positions of the sun, moon, stars and other celestial bodies can provide information about an individual’s personality or even fate. Meanwhile, astronomy is the scientific study of celestial bodies, and is often closely related to astrophysics. In short, astronomy is the study of the heavens, while astrology is the study of their effects on human beings.

The entire article:

The Difference Between Astronomy and Astrology
edit on 13-1-2011 by Hemisphere because: extra material deleted

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i was just reading about that before coming here. seems i now fall under the new sign too.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Whoa. I'm no longer a Pisces. Due to this change I am now an Aquarius? I'm certainly okay with that. I will now begin reading up on what that means for me. Thank you OP. S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Katerna

That's right everybody, they've shuffled the deck, so to speak. Is there any end to the number of constellations/signs that the year can be divided into? What's to stop this celestial merry-go-round?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
youtube vid for you-

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Pleasant suprise to see this topic .As you can see by my avatar I am quite verse with this subject .This sign is not patterned on Enki as one of your links implies .It represents Christ , the 12 commonly known signs representing the 12 Appostles and the 13th Christ the Healer ( Ophiucus translated from Greek means Healer) .
The constellation it's self depects Christ wrestling and getting control of the serpent . Ophiuchus has his foot on Scorpio , this represents Christ walking on water (Scorpio being a water sign) .Scorpio being the sign of death and rebirth and is the only sign with three symbols , all others are singular.
The 13th sign is known in all ancient cultures .Based on the ancient Lunar Calendar of 13 Months of 28 days (fitting into the modern solar calander with ease).The dates for Ophiuchus given on many websites are incorrect .Remembering there are only 28 days in each month, days 29,30 and 31 being invalid. Begining the year January 1st ,Ophiuchus starts on what our modern calendar recognizes as November 5th ( My Birthday) and is placed between Scorpio and Sagitarius.
You may recall in the New Testament's , book of revelations .Christ speaks to the Churches and speaks to one, of his knew secrect name for his return . That name is JASON ( again translates to HEALER from Greek ) and is hiden and encrypted into the modern calendar .This is the only name that this can be done with , can you see it ??
J uly
A ugust
S eptember
O ctober
N ovember

The Greek story of Jason and the Argonauts is a veild story hidden in symbolism and astrological signs and cannot be taken for granted on face value . So what does a Greek story have to do with Christ ? Greece at the time had a large population from the Biblical tribe of Benjamin after the Exile. Also take note that Jason was accompanied by 12 , hence Jason plus 12 = 13 . Interestingly enough if you watch the Hallmark channel's version of Jason and the argonaughts .You will notice in the first scene Jason talking to a saytar in the mountains at night .Behind them the constellations of Scorpio and Sagitarius are seen to flash .Jason himself being between them as Ophiucus .Interesting the producers of this film are aware of this sybolism as many are not versed in this knowledge .The Identity of Christ will be revealed to the world by the following clues -

JASON ,13 , 151 , 555 .

Christ will appear in the Southern Hemisphere ( The New Testament's King of the South who makes war with the ten Kings of the North ) , also notice that the description of his army is astrological , scorpions (Scorpio) ,lions (Leo) and so forth .Many christians deny astrology , this coming from one statement made by God where it is said your wicked star gazers , soothsayers etc will fail .They don't understand that this was addressed to one individuals court stargazers .If they deny Astrology then they deny the very gates of Heaven as the precious stones of the pillars are in fact the birth stones of the Zodiac . Also christians constantly quote 12 tribes of Israel when in fact there were 13 .Count them for yourself .

Many look at 2012 as the end of the world or the return of Christ .Now lets take a look at how Ophiucus fits into this .Firstly lets clarify that there are two dates disputed for December 2012 .One being the 21st the other being the 23rd .The 23rd is the correct date and is revealed again the number 13 . 1+2 +2+3 + 2+0+1+2 Total 13 .On this date Ophiucus passes through the ecliptic centre of the milkyway ( called the birth canal) This is not the end of the world , but the begining .As a side note is interesting to note that the black nobility of Europe including the Monachy of the UK celebrates Christmas on December 23 .

I could go much further but do not have the time at present . Good find OP now start digging the secrets ,I have given you a fair start .

edit on 13-1-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: TYPO

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Knew this for awhile now and got/still get chuckles of how people proclaiming 'oh it's so tough as a.. (insert their sign)' when they're not actually one.. Like how my room mate believes they're a 'two faced Gemini' is actually a Cancer.. Lol. I 'was' an Aries but am Pisces-Aries cusp
Perfect match

And to 13th Zodiac: Nice research mate. And there's the number 13 again.. Portrayed as 'evil' but actually the number of life! Funny how things work.
edit on 13-1-2011 by OneLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife

Knew this for awhile now and got/still get chuckles of how people proclaiming 'oh it's so tough as a.. (insert their sign)' when they're not actually one.. Like how my room mate believes they're a 'two faced Gemini' is actually a Cancer.. Lol. I 'was' an Aries but am Pisces-Aries cusp
Perfect match

And to 13th Zodiac: Nice research mate. And there's the number 13 again.. Portrayed as 'evil' but actually the number of life! Funny how things work.
edit on 13-1-2011 by OneLife because: (no reason given)

Thankyou friend , yes thirteen has been demonized and for a reason .The lord of Earth (the deciever) wants it that way to keep people away from all things good .Friday the 13th was deemed unlucky , why ? Because in the 13th century (1307) on Friday October 13th the leader of the Knights Templar was burnt on a stake .So yes unlucky for evil people , punishment manifested itself from above on that date as a message. You will also notice 13 33 in freemasonry , that is simply a yeng and yang principle or polar opposite ( Hence the King of the South vs the Kings of the North[ Good vs Evil ] ).They understand the principle of karma , hence mask behind good deeds but behind closed doors in secret thats another story .

Also take note on the influence of 13 in the pi ratio or golden mean , also how a woman has 13 life giving cycles and in a year and so on .13 is a scared number indeed and the harder you look the more you will find .
edit on 13-1-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Pleasant suprise to see this topic .As you can see by my avatar I am quite verse with this subject .This sign is not patterned on Enki as one of your links implies .It represents Christ , the 12 commonly known signs representing the 12 Appostles and the 13th Christ the Healer ( Ophiucus translated from Greek means Healer) .
The constellation it's self depects Christ wrestling and getting control of the serpent .

That's a super contribution 13th Z, I knew the answers were to be had here. What you've done with your post is given credence to one of my childhood beliefs. I mentioned early on in this thread that my "lucky number" was 13. People are superstitious and shy away from the number generally and I sought it out. Not the kind of thing a Catholic raised kid normally does but it just "felt right". If there was some sort of betting on numbers, I'd choose 13. On sports teams when it came to choosing uniform numbers, I chose 13. Not every time but if I had a choice of numbers and no other reason presented itself I'd choose 13. Here's the killer, if asked why, I would say that Jesus was number 13. I had never heard this from any outside source, it just made sense to me. Was choosing 13 a superstitious thing in itself? That is, going against the commonly held superstitions of that number being unlucky? You tell me, I'm not superstitious. It was simply a consistent choice if I had one to make. If anything, I felt that wearing or choosing 13 gave me a psychological edge over any superstitious opposition. Not that I couldn't get by with any other number.

Now you get into things Biblical with your post.

Many look at 2012 as the end of the world or the return of Christ .Now lets take a look at how Ophiucus fits into this .Firstly lets clarify that there are two dates disputed for December 2012 .One being the 21st the other being the 23rd .The 23rd is the correct date and is revealed again the number 13 . 1+2 +2+3 + 2+0+1+2 Total 13 .On this date Ophiucus passes through the ecliptic centre of the milkyway ( called the birth canal) This is not the end of the world , but the begining .As a side note is interesting to note that the black nobility of Europe including the Monachy of the UK celebrates Christmas on December 23 .

And so by this are you suggesting that Christ was not born on Christmas past, 2000+ years ago but instead will return on roughly Christmas future? I'm under the impression that the historical Christ was born in July, if that person existed and that the Christmas in December was a date adopted by the Romans to coincide with Pagan celebrations. The late December date has some relevance scientifically. The sun (Son) "dies" on the 21st of December or thereabouts. The Winter Solstice "and on the third day" it is "born again", born on Christmas. It starts the journey back from the shortest day of the year for the northern hemisphere.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You may recall in the New Testament's , book of revelations .Christ speaks to the Churches and speaks to one, of his knew secrect name for his return . That name is JASON ( again translates to HEALER from Greek ) and is hiden and encrypted into the modern calendar .This is the only name that this can be done with , can you see it ??
J uly
A ugust
S eptember
O ctober
N ovember

Now 13th, how do we reconcile that the months as we know them were named for the Caesars and Latin numbers? Julius, Augustus, septem (Latin for 7), octo (Latin for 8) and novem (Latin for 9).

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
born on the 29th of september. what am i now?

thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Ophiuchus (οφιούχος) does not translate as healer from Greek. It actually means the one who bears snakes (serpent-holder).

όφις = snake + -ούχος (signifies possession, from the verb έχω = to have)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is what I have been trying to do....is bring astronomy and astrology back together.

My biggest success of this was here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think I gave a general position to a couple hundred ATSers.

What is important...to me anyways, is to consider that the moon and planets move through more then 13 signs. So I added this into the mix of my thread too.

Example is that in astronomy, real positions...Venus was in Sextans at my birth. No Astrologist is going to tell me this and I would of not found it out unless I started looking into astronomy.

Im glad to see more articles talking about this. Its interesting when I get into a debate with an astrologist on this topic, which just occured the other day on another forum. I posted a thread titled 'Astrologist, I want to know your reasons for not using astronomy'.

The debate got rather interesting to say the least.

An example right now of the differences....
Astrologist will tell you Saturn is in Libra. Astronomy shows its in Virgo.

So dont just stop at the 13 signs the Sun moves through if you want positions....look to other signs as well like Cetus, Serpens, Sextans, Bootes, Coma Berenices....and even the cusp of Orion....for true positions of the cosmos at your birth.

I have to wonder...if there was an actual conspiracy to cover all of this us when man 'fixed' the wheel or if it was just pure carelessness of the true positions.

LV

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander1111
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Ophiuchus (οφιούχος) does not translate as healer from Greek. It actually means the one who bears snakes (serpent-holder).

όφις = snake + -ούχος (signifies possession, from the verb έχω = to have)

But the constellation is said to reflect a real man...who was a healer. His name was Asclepius.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
born on the 29th of september. what am i now?

thanks in advance

Your more natural traits are likely of Libra...and the things you need to work on or with that offer you much growth are going to come from Virgo.

The Sun was in Virgo at your birth. Libra would be a 'past' sign of you.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
scorpios get shafted: only 7 days?
i'm gonna have to change all my jewelry, no longer a pisces. it gives "what's your sign, baby" a whole new twist.
enjoyed reading it. don't understand how it could just change.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join