It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetometer thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I may have found something here WOW
January 10, 2011
Iridium 9602 Transceiver Opens Up Data Connectivity in Broad New Markets
www.iridium.com...
investor.iridium.com...
January 10, 2011Iridium 9602 Transceiver Opens Up Data Connectivity in Broad New Markets

MCLEAN, Va., Jan. 10, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Iridium Communications Inc. (Nasdaq:IRDM) announced the certification of new Iridium 9602 Short Burst Data (SBD) Transceiver-based partner devices, opening a broad number of emerging new markets with solutions enabled by Iridium data connectivity. These solutions - including applications for tracking assets such as cargo, ships, aircrafts and people - are certified by Iridium to operate on the world's only global, mobile voice and data network.

The Iridium 9602 is smaller, lighter and lower-cost than its predecessor, which increases the return on investment for global satellite two-way machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. The transceiver serves as the data communication enabler for a wide range of portable tracking and monitoring devices, leveraging Iridium's global coverage and low-latency, two-way data links.

"Iridium is advancing the way global enterprises conduct critical daily activities," said Patrick Shay, vice president and general manager of data services for Iridium. "The Iridium 9602 is ideal for a wide range of applications, including remote tracking, personal location/safety, monitoring and tracking of assets such as cargo, ships or trucks, as well as controlling and monitoring equipment for greater efficiency."

You guys really want to look at the links this is huge!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Also. Check out the day of the Haiti quake.

maestro.haarp.alaska.edu...

The day before shows alot of activity too..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
'tis to be expected... there has been an increase in solar activity (due to peak by the end of next year) plus we're overdue for a Magnetic Polar Reversal... could be related to either...?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Go here www2.nict.go.jp... and watch the recorded feed of the pressure & Megnetic activity for 1/1/11, found it odd you can see the Pressure waves coming off

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
While the recent days' data is interesting, it should be compared to previously recorded data that is considered to be noteworthy. Take a look at these two dates suggested for comparison on HAARPs own website:

If the images below is not too interesting, you might want to look at 02 Sep 2004 for an example of narrowband PC1 pulsations, or 27 Jul 2004 for an example of wideband ULF noise during a magnetic substorm.
Source: maestro.haarp.alaska.edu

What we've seen in the past 36 hours seems to closely resemble the "Wideband ULF Magnetic Substorm Noise" from 27 Jul 2004.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fe33758abb8.png[/atsimg]

Now, I'm a very technically savvy person, but I can't say that I really understand this data. Sure, it seems as though our recent 36hrs look much stronger than the example on 27 July 2004... but I don't really understand the charts or the magnetic phenomena that it is measuring.

That being said, it does look like the past few days have been at least noteworthy.
edit on 13-1-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
NOT that impressive - my own magnetometer readings have not gone nuts as of last week.

The earth's mag field usually runs about 3 gauss +/- a small fraction, in sine wave cycles.

I will run some reading again this week.

This topic is by far very important and fascinating considering the pole's mag field accelerating

march to Siberia at 35 miles/ year.

2004: Chairman of geophysics dept at SUNY Buffalo remarked his support for the small

school of 'catastrophism' where a mag pole shift would be possible in as little as 2 weeks.

PS- the last 36 hours as we know has shown a very active sun, magnetically. Interesting! goo.gl...

edit on 1/13/2011 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Seems you have an idea of what you're talking about... so the past 36 hours ARE noteworthy from the perspective of the charts above? I see the sun threw another CME today, and we were already expecting to take a blow from the last one tomorrow or the 15th.

The NICT platform has shown some interesting data re: our magnetosphere lately, too. Can you give a short explanation of whats going on lately and tie some of this data together for us?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, it's safe to say that most of us does not have the knowledge to read these things. It would be really interesting to hear the explanation from some expert.

If you ask me, I don't like the look of this day either (completely black), but I am a complete novise: maestro.haarp.alaska.edu...

Anyways, it should come as no surprise if a lot of activity in the magnetometer=earthquake. Just look at some of the seminars at this big science conference this summer: www.iugg2011.com...
Example; One title is "Imaging and monitoring active volcanoes and geothermal fields by ElectroMagnetic (EM) and other geophysical techniques" and a little bit of the explanation says: "Electromagnetic methods have been intensively applied to volcanic systems, hydrothermal and geothermal fields for understanding the structure and tectonic setting, and for monitoring the activity."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't know what the significance is and it doesn't seem anyone really does. I've went back to Nov 29th 2010 and there is a big spike but nothing I could find noteworthy in the news that would coincide with the graph at that time. I haven't found 3 days of constant activity like this but like I asked what is the significance? It does look as though yesterday was the strongest and today is less. If it continues I think tomorrow it will probably diminish.
edit on 13-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I would think that tomorrow would show another increase... we're supposed to take a hit from the sun on the 14/15th. And there was another CME today, so I imagine a few days from now will bring even more activity on these charts.

$0.02

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

I'm kinda wishful thinking when I say it will probably diminish tomorrow. To much weird is already going on in the world. I don't know what this graph is exactly showing, but in comparison to the past it doesn't look normal. Has anyone found another example of more than two days of this activity?
edit on 13-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It must be because it was my very first post to ATS; but everyone seems to have glossed over the 4 months of previous data I collated from that HAARP site to give an idea of the bigger picture. (Page 2 of this thread)

What's maybe a bigger conspiracy is the week of missing data in October 2010 (scrubbed/offline/maintenance?), or the months worth of near flood-fill 'Bz' data in September 2010 and a curious gap Sept 24/25th that would make it a longer event than this current January one (so far).

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienProbed
It must be because it was my very first post to ATS; but everyone seems to have glossed over the 4 months of previous data I collated from that HAARP site to give an idea of the bigger picture. (Page 2 of this thread)

What's maybe a bigger conspiracy is the week of missing data in October 2010 (scrubbed/offline/maintenance?), or the months worth of near flood-fill 'Bz' data in September 2010 and a curious gap Sept 24/25th that would make it a longer event than this current January one (so far).

Nice job putting all of that together. Even though I really have no clue what it means exactly!

It might be just a normal fluctuation that is no big deal.

Maybe the blacked out area was truly just for maintenance?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienProbed

Just before the spectrogram goes crazy on Jan 11 2011, there is a little "blip" that popps up. Any ideas what that could be? It seems to stand out...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ee0a5a3a503.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

I'm not convinced that the blip your describing and the current amount of activity are related.
I've noticed a number of similar blips (Sept 15/16 20:00ish, Oct 4 21:00, Oct 27 12:00, Oct 29 20:00, Nov 25 16:00) that do not lead to similar rises in activity.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienProbed

Ah, boo... thought I found something interesting.

Man, we need a subject matter expert in here... STAT!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I was reviewing the data for August 2010 when I came across something odd. August 10th 2010 has gone missing and has been replaced by Jan 1st 1997.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

I think the blip is gradual over about 6 hours so not as significant, yes it is still a weird precursor to the event. I am not sure how to read the data either, i came across it on another thread *link posted on the second page of this thread* but was more looking for people who COULD understand it. as i see it right now it looks like it's starting to taper off. maestro.haarp.alaska.edu... we'll see how it does tomorow. I appreciate all the feedback it would be really great to see an expert opinion on here. again first 36 hour streak we've seen since they started recording so thats significant.
cheers.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The expected CME may be arriving as my boyfriend says he is getting DX Propogation (skips) on his Ham radios.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

I meant to point this out earlier, but got sidetracked.

The HAARP logo isn't anything arcane... its just a picture of one of the antennas in their array.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join