It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA says it can't afford New Rocket & Spacecraft: (the day has finally come... wtf Obama?)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Look at this chart, it is pretty clear that NASA has enough money to develop the rocket (2nd option):

And there is no Atlas V based option on the chart?
Because it would be both cheaper and faster than SD HLV. This is ridiculous...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
[reply to post by anon72

Oh my word are you serious? You really think Obama or the "budget" is keeping Nasa from going to the Moon??? LOL. Wow.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link
edit on Mon Jan 17 2011 by Jbird because: Removed quote of entire OP

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

You can't get there from here and I wonder why because the blood money is running out. That's why Gary Mckinnon said that technology is "trickling!" down through government contractors. The government doesn't want us to know about their technology because it is tied up in blood work and our government owes the Groom's bank. Does the phrase If I told you I would have to kill you sound familiar? The government doesn't want to die and that is why it would take an act of God for technology to ever benefit humanity.The blood Money is running out and our government is about to give blood. Now, does that put the heed in lock or what? Wake Up Dead
edit on 17-1-2011 by LOCKHEEDMARTIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Your premise would be merely ridiculous if it wasn't so blatanly biased.It was the Bush administration that trashed the public space program by allowing the Constellation boondoggle.This piece of junk would never have sucesessfully flown.It's the pork barrel repugnicans that are demanding a 'shuttle derived' heavy lift vehicle...that is the problem....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

I think it's great that they have run out of money so that Now maybe all of that UFO technology can really fly

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

About Lake Groom and America: Death becomes her bride Bride

"America home of the brave land of * disenchantment"---- Slayer

I think it's great that's happening because politics is no longer the art of the possible it is now more the act of attempting to avoid the inevitable which is Total Colapse In America Now that will bring out the corpse in every American I'm sure If Disclosure is ever to occur this will be that moment

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

and i bet they have enterprise style ships too eh?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Im also of the opinion that the military have a far more advanced space program than we know...that is not to say i think they are taking two day trips to Mars of course, but i do believe they have much more efficient and advanced propulsion systems than NASA, of course it will only be used for warfare. I think we should seriously consider building a space fountain, we have the tech and know how....after that the possibilities are endless. People think that is pointless and a waste of money but i disagree....
edit on 18-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ
reply to post by superluminal11

and i bet they have enterprise style ships too eh?

The NAVY Space Command's ships are more likely to be 'triangle style' ships. But one may be named 'Enterprise'.

edit on 1/19/2011 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Im also of the opinion that the military have a far more advanced space program than we know...that is not to say i think they are taking two day trips to Mars of course...

Forget "two day trips" to Mars. How about 'three hour trips' to Mars?

"Welcome to Mars express: only a three hour trip"
news.scotsman.com...

I think this "Extended Heim Theory" physics is used by the NAVY Space Command's 'triangle ships'.

NASA is so technologically far behind, it does NOT deserve ANY funding for ANY 'human space flight' program!

edit on 1/19/2011 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Actually all Earth monies are make believe constructs...systems invented by humans in order to control other humans...we can just print more, make up values and then build whatever we want right? Ha, this reality is a joke! No one here gets out alive...it's true...so why do we continue to allow ourselves to be slaves in such a manner to such monetary systems...to allow ourselves to live in such a faulty system, we have so much potential, potential to touch the stars, and yet again fall victim to the greed of other humans. I hope one day it will not be so....
edit on 19-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: more change please

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So I'm new here and this is my 1st post. I've been interested in UFO technology since I think 1994 and have done a lot of reading. One thing that I think is indisputable is the existence of the big, silent triangular ships. If we discount crazy theories about Nazi's, they're either alien or US technology. My money is on the USAF and that we have a layer of government and US aerospace contractors that have been working with anti-gravity technology for decades now. Maybe it came from alien ships, but it doesn't matter. When you then link in sightings over the Nellis range of lights that make 90 degree turns, it pretty much confirms that we have acquired a technology that is not available in universities except for professors with the proper clearance that have been read in to the program(s) involved.

So I'm not surprised at all to hear about space fleets or to read rumors that we've already visited Mars, etc. That NASA is shutting down the shuttle program without a viable substitute already flying and operational speaks volumes. That would never be allowed to happen, no matter who the president is.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Well, finally a line in the sand is made.... by NASA. Give us more money!!! Can't blame them. A lot of people in NASA must be truly disappointed by Obama and his gang.

LOL, critical thinking, indeed. You want to know why NASA's so strapped at the moment? Among various other ridiculous things, there's this:

— Thanks to congressional inaction, NASA must continue to fund its defunct Ares I rocket program until March — a requirement that will cost the agency nearly $500 million at a time when NASA is struggling with the expensive task of replacing the space shuttle. About one-third that money — $165 million — will go to Alliant Techsystems, or ATK, which has a $2 billion contract to build the solid-rocket first stage for the Ares I, the rocket that was supposed to fill the shuttle's role of transporting astronauts to the International Space Station. But under a new NASA plan signed into law by President Barack Obama in October, there's no guarantee that the new rocket required by that plan will use solid-fuel propulsion. And, in fact, many in the agency say a liquid-fueled rocket would be cheaper, more powerful — and safer. The money to ATK is part of the $1.2 billion NASA will spend on its canceled Constellation program from Oct. 1 through March. Most of the rest will go to Lockheed Martin, which is building the Orion capsule intended to take astronauts into space aboard whatever rocket NASA selects. That program was largely spared by the new NASA plan.

Source

Not everything is Obama's fault, or his fault alone. It's not the liberals' fault, or the conservatives'. It's the greedy mofos of this world's fault. The end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join