It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA says it can't afford New Rocket & Spacecraft: (the day has finally come... wtf Obama?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There has been a "secret" USAF space program that gets exposed and then "canned" every so often.

The fact remains that the USAF has been putting spacecraft you don't hear about into space for years. Just after the space shuttle was canned the news started talking about the X-37B.
Air Force launches X-37B

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that when the Air Force admits to a plane that plane is virtually obsolete. They have several generations of experiments and operational models in theater.

The Navy, according to many sources also has it's own space force. Here is an ATS thread on this.

NASA is a subproject of the DOD. They are a military front organization and their technology is fueling the other DOD and black projects we don't hear about. Obama is finally living up to his promise of "transparency" and telling them to just work on technology.

edit on 13-1-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I really hope there is a secret program, because if not; we haven't gotten very far in terms of space travel the past decades. Why WOULD they even want to build another spacecraft? I mean if it uses conventional chemical propulsion techniques, it just seems like a waste of budget.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Too bad the whole program isn't shut down. The small amount of jobs that would be lost if NASA was totally cut is irrelevent next the amount of money the gov't would save. Really, how much money is actually brought in by the NASA program vs how much is spent? It's a virtual blackhole in the budget.
Why waste time figuring out problems in space, when we have so many problems right here on Earth?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
NASA was just a public diversion/cover of the real
space program since the last of the Apollo
missions. It was the public image they
wanted to portray to the masses.
And it has worked superbly.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

edit on 1/13/2011 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Can we have the TR-3B antigravity triangle ships now? I think they have already been out-dated by the TR-3C models.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Some great responses/replys.

Don't forget to S&F if you think so. Bring more folks in to read you stuff and to post their, so you can repost to them etc etc etc.

Boon....I left you a message in the edit box (in error) back in my second post.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No this BS! And they know why! The geomagnetic field is @5^8 and they cant propel! HA
edit on 13-1-2011 by exactmad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
Can we have the TR-3B antigravity triangle ships now? I think they have already been out-dated by the TR-3C models.

There has been no credible sources on the existence of the TR-3B yet I believe some nuclear powered craft like this exists. There are many unofficial sources that have given rise to sites with information about the TR-3B.

On the June 8th 2010 Coast to Coast AM episode, nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman talks about how they were working on nuclear powered aircraft in the 60's and was bemoaning the fact that the navy has nuclear vessels that run for years without refueling but the USAF failed to implement nuclear craft.

There is a report of a triangle ufo close encounter where the UFO was leaking material and the people who saw it up close developed radiation sickness.

I can't find the links, but I know of another incident where witnesses eventually died from radiation or cancer from the radiation.

It all points to the USAF (or some gov't agency) HAS developed nuclear powered air or air/space craft.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

NASA’s new mission: make Muslims feel good about themselves

So Tell your friends at NASA to start learning ARABIC

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank heavens!!.

At least money MAY be diverted where it is needed now - at home, and no more secret projects that taxpayers are made to pay and not know why..

To hell with the moon, when the stars are out there, where mankind's future destiny lays.

Nazi...ooops,....Nasa will have to make the best with what they have and past knowledge, to improvise and cannabalise existing equipment. Invention is the mother of necessity. No more free handouts, but more rolled up sleeves and overnight coffees to fulfil our dreams and yet help the common man today.

There is NO way ESA or Russia or China can catch up with USA on space tech. Heck! they need american tech that only a FREE society can build. Even a garage invention is far better than what slaves can ever produce. It is the mentality, and americans have lots of it, thanks to the sacrifices by forefathers who paid taxes to fund social spending unlike the rest of the world that spent it on foolish copy cat military empowerment.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Nazi...ooops,....Nasa ...Heck! they need american tech that only a FREE society can build. Even a garage invention is far better than what slaves can ever produce. It is the mentality, and americans have lots of it, thanks to the sacrifices by forefathers who paid taxes to fund social spending unlike the rest of the world that spent it on foolish copy cat military empowerment.

NASA was built on the backs of concentration camp workers. 127 (initially and many more later) NASA scientists were NAZI scientist brought over under project paperclip. The "top rocket scientist of all time" Wernher von Braun developed the rockets that put us on the moon (unless that was faked).

So I would not underestimate China. And increasingly question how "free" our society remains.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

You people amazing me. Here you are, on ATS, supposedly some of the best free-thinkers, in the Western world and you piss and moan about NASA this and that because if NASA farts and tells you it was a hiccup, you run to back them up, ignoring the smell in your nose all the while.

Do none of you follow UFOs and especially the triangles? Can't you see, the "flying" part of space travel is long out of NASA's hands? It's job is to research and development the more humane sciences. The "flying" part has been taken over by the triangles and other wildly exotics for a couple of decades now at least. And I must keep telling you folks this--Ask yourselves why there is NO backup for the shuttle! Answer: None is needed with the military's command of the triangle fleets.

If nothing else, just forget NASA for a while and research the US Space Force for all of its stated intentions and purposes and you will have a clear pictured of who is in charge of the spacecraft for this country. What does it take for ATSers to understand that the Strategic Defense Initiative (Stars Wars) was not a joke or a fizzle? In even those early days of the first triangles the ambitious plans were to control all space between here and within the Moon's orbit. You think that was just a dream? That the big brass are saying, "Let the Chinese, Japanese, Indians, any others do it?"

Not a chance. This is a military matter, folks, not the Sunday-supplement version of NASA we grew up with.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Hey thanks for insulting me, as for your response which really should have been directed towards the thread and not me is this. Yes I have heard of UFOs further more I have heard of supposed secret propulsion and crap like that. Number one don't play the high and mighty game you are human just like anyone. Number two I support NASA whether you like it or not along with the ESA and a number of other organizations. I think they have advanced society greatly. Next time just directed it elsewhere. But then again YOU PEOPLE as you say are just ignorant idiots that don't know anything right?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The worst incubus for the NASA workers is materialized! The "NASA Ship" sink and the lifeboats are taken by the strongest!

Who survive now?

By now it is clearly that the "Dark NASA" (The Military Branch) has taken the total control, and through the Black Budget, by now, maneuver every future plan and mission in Space and, cancelling tens of thousands of civil employees at work. edition.cnn.com...
Congress expects NASA to lose anywhere from 7,000-9,000 employees (and their families) throughout during thisyear (but it could be worst!).

The Space could be an immense opportunity of development, job and well-being for all, but the dark plans of those which they hide behind the secret Military-Intelligence-industrial apparatuses that maneuver in the shadow, have decided to sink the blow and to reduce NASA to a weak puppet.

I call to the men and the women of NASA, fairs to have contributed with their efforts to the greatest human adventure, the Race to Space in the last century, and that now they see themselveslaid off from the same Agency that in this years has been profitable powerful. The reason is simple: to leave in the hands of the Dark Powers and the Military apparatuses the New Race to the Space.

What scares the apparatus? Why to fill up of money the Blacks Budget and the military www.defpro.com... and to leave to die NASA?

What they hide to the world-wide public opinion?

Why they are so scared?

Then: A call for NASA workers: for your future, please tell the truth about what is hidden!

For your and our FUTURE!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
excerpt from a letter of senators to NASA:

“The report contains no specific justification on analyses to validate the claim that ‘none of the design options studied thus far appeared to be affordable in our present fiscal conditions,’” Nelson and Hutchison write. They argue that by “building on current capabilities and previous investments, and making effective use of NASA’s existing workforce and contracts to focus on the immediate development of a heavy-lift rocket and crew vehicle, NASA can reach initial operating capability much more quickly than by conducting another vehicle study.” They add that by doing so, “NASA can reach initial operating capability of a scalable heavy-lift launch vehicle with the funds authorized, especially if the agency refines its procurement, contract management, and oversight processes.”

Seriously, NASA is wrong in this, and I believe the agency and its contractors are just milking federal budget now.

We are talking about cca 12 billion dollars, if that is not enough to develop a HLV, than I dont know what is. Have you seen their HEFT report? It basically ignores both cheapest 70 t SD HLV and also ULA ATLAS Phase II vehicles, not to mention about SpaceX Falcon heavy, goes with the most expensive and time-consuming solution, and then asks for 17 billion and 2016-17 timeline. This is more like Constellation 2.0 than rational space program.

www.spacepolitics.com...

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
There is a demand for a new spacecraft like a rocket. Without having space supremacy the US will be vulnerable. Russia will think that we are week now and try to start a war. Why is Obama agreeing to this? Maybe because Obama is the Omega Agencies new puppet.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
NASA does not need a new rocket. NASA needs the magnetic field disruptor technology of the TR-3B/C triangle ships.

And we also don't need new: steam engines, sail boats, and Roman horse chariots.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
ummmmm let's be realistic here. did you American's really think you could still afford to go to the Moon? I agree that it is a disappointment to hear, but did any of you actually think prior to Obama's announcement that it would be squeezed into the budget somehow? or are you merely reacting to the news having not given the subject any thought at all.

stop dreaming about field trips to the Moon, and start wondering what you are going to do when your economy completely collapses, and your dollar implodes right before Christmas 2011.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It is sad to see the Great NASA as a pale simulacre!

With or without NASA other competitors aiming to Space!

China, Russia, Japan, India, have The Space (Moon first of all, and other planets in our solar system) as their next expansion horizon, to grow economically and in powerful.

The "High Jump", the peaceful Race to Space, it is the olnly thing that can save us from the economic collapse and something worse......

The real problem is that this new approach to Space, mean new kinds of energy, new kinds of spaceships, new kinds of fuels, new kinds of industry.... and to reveal some secrets about outer space....

A quick change of paradigm!

This is the real STRATEGICAL Challenge in our next future.

And we have no choice!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join