It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More BBC lies reguarding the student protests (the petrol bomb that wasn't)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Now, you'll need to see this video in the link. And listen to the face palm inducing commentry which goes with it. They are claimingthat this guy is running with a petrol bomb, and throwing it into a large crowd. Now, a few things which just aren't right about this. Firstly, the guy running, is holding the "lolbomb" upside down. You don't want to do this with a lit petrol bomb, for obvious reasons. Also, he holds onto it, and runs with it, for quite a distance, before he allegedly throws it. (not in the footage, as he goes behind someone. But there is no flareup, as you'd expect if a petrol bomb had just been thrown. Also, the crowd doesn't exactly run from his path) Another point worth making, is if there were petrol bombs thrown on that day, I think we'd have heard about it by now, along with the paint bombs, and non existant snooker balls.

watch the clip if you want to see just how desperate the BBC are getting, to lie and do the goverments work for them.

clicky

If i had to guess what it was, I'd have said a newspaper or something. But it's definatly not a petrol bomb, that much is certain.
edit on 13/1/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Looks like a petrol bomb to me mate!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

the only person lying here is you - why is that ?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The flame is above the bottle, the bomb is not upside-down.

If he didn't throw it, where did it go? I imagine it's tough to extinguish one of those once it's lit..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I agree with your summary, it does appear to be a newspaper to me, as well- though it's hard to tell for sure.

This is basically complete conjecture, on the skynews website it specifically says the police are looking for this man after seeing this footage on youtube- basically, they weren't pursuing him for this until after they saw the video. Not only that, but you can't even see him throwing it and the footage stops, slightly suspicious, just look at the video and you can clearly see photographers running after him taking pictures- obviously one of those would have got a picture of it and it would have been in the newspapers a month ago.

Also, if there had been a petrol bomb thrown, there is no way whatsoever it would have taken this long to publish the story asking for his i.d/generally raising awareness about the event. Just look at the 30months in prison the fire extinguisher fellow got- they're looking to make examples of people.

One thing I would add is, this same guy who is wanted for this event is also reported as kicking the windows of a topshop store (that's good, they deserve it- their chief exec is a tax avoider), but importantly he's also wanted for throwing a metal fence at police- of course, that is a stupid and wreckless and anyone that suspected of doing that should be punished. However, I'm not sure how they can 100% ascertain that this is the same individual, when they can't even get a positive I.D on him to find and prosecute him and hadn't released any information on him before today.
edit on 13-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
at 31 seconds in the video, he is either holding it flat, or at about a 45% downward angle. You don't do that with a petrol bomb, you'll do an impression of a dog. (go woof) He holds onto it waaaay too long, see them flames? You want to be letting go of the highly flammable thing in your hands very quickly.

I am 100% certain that it is not a petrol bomb. I made them as a naughty teenager and chucked them around in fields. You do not hang on to them for long, and you definatly don't want to hang onto it whilst it has big flames licking all over it.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Im with the OP here, he lights it then runs off into the crowd and at no point do you see anything above the crowds that looks anything like a petrol bomb being thrown. Maybe he rolled it in

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Petrol bomb or not, why the rant about the BBC when they clearly are speculating and discussing how the police are using alternative sources to track people down.

I feel sorry for the masked kid who nealy knocks himself out when the glass does not break when he runs into it!

I hate protesters who smash things up. It is not clever. It's stupid.

Regards

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I'm not condoning it (in this thread, I do agree though, peaceful protest is ignored) I'm highlighting the 100% goverment bias from the BBC, and pointing out a particular lie. If they'd have said "alleged" or "potential" in there somewhere, it'd wouldn' be so blatent. They're getting sloppy

They are telling lies. Right in our faces.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Petrol bomb or not, why the rant about the BBC when they clearly are speculating and discussing how the police are using alternative sources to track people down.

I feel sorry for the masked kid who nealy knocks himself out when the glass does not break when he runs into it!

I hate protesters who smash things up. It is not clever. It's stupid.

Regards

Yes, I agree with you there. In fairness, the news is also on skynews, as I said, so it's not the BBC that's to blame, it's the police, if anything. Also agree about the smash things up- though, I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the people carrying out actions such as those were not actually students.

I would also add that regardless of whether he threw a molotov or not, his actions were pretty stupid in the context of such a potentially highly tense situation and could indirectly have lead to more violence- although, there is a bit of difference between stupidity and throwing a molotov.
edit on 13-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, firstly, let me say that I hate when people use the power of their voice in protest to cause harm and violence which seems to do nothing to aid the point of the protest in the first place. I'm more insulted seeing the people kicking the windows of the shops in just a flagrant display of anger than actually using the gathering to gain real results.

Now, having said that, I can't escape from the conclusion that the guy is running down the street with a flaming newspaper. Peace...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hard to tell what it is. It look tubular though.

Maybe a burning flare cannister or a rolled up magazine on fire?

Or a petrol bomb.

Tough one.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Looks like I was wrong. Mr know it all that I am

It is blatently a petrol bomb or some other liquid. from 8:15 in this video.

I take it back. He's a naughty boy, and thanks to people posting videos on youtube, he's probably going to get some jail time.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Excellent, now maybe you would like to edit your OP and remove the misleading title and text.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Excellent, now maybe you would like to edit your OP and remove the misleading title and text.
I tried to do that last night, but I had gone past the allotted time to do so. It's up to a mod to do so if they see fit. Or they could just leave it as a bit of car crash threadism. I'm easy.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
at 31 seconds in the video, he is either holding it flat, or at about a 45% downward angle. You don't do that with a petrol bomb

I don't think so at all, the bottle will not be full, it may actually have very little fuel in it, I'd guess not more than a quarter (little tip for anarchists, petrol bomb - never over fill!!! less than half full!!)..

Anyway from the footage there are all sorts of factors that mean you can't deduce the angle of that bottle, I'd say the easiest thing to say about it is the lad with the bottle in hand will naturally be able to feel what the liquid is doing in side the bottle, you can clearly see him running in such a way as to control the sloshing effect. I think that's genuine.

top topics

join