It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who still feels like this???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is something I wrote before The so called War In Iraq? Anybody still feel the same way?

What the F*** !! My Thougts!

Ok here is the deal, the world has lost its marbles and I believe in doing so they have stole mine as well. �It all started on Sept 11, 2001 a bunch of crazy terrorists decided to make a statement to the world on behalf of their God (Allah) and leader (Osama Bin Laden) by hijacking American airplanes and flying them into American landmarks such as the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing thousands of American citizens. Well now if this didn�t put our own sadistic President (George W Bush Jr.) panty�s up in a bunch to start an all out world war. I am not saying the man was wrong, but to state to the entire �Earth� you are either with us or against us was not a very bright thing to say, on top of naming certain rouge countries as an �Axis of Evil�.
North Korea, Iran, Iraq, and the rest of the Axis of Evil, don�t believe in what the United States stands for and nor they want to, So why push the issue. Are my life, my family, my friends, and my daughter�s life worth dying for over a bunch of ideology thoughts and processes we believe in with dealing with terrorist and how to function as a democracy? So they don�t want to deal with this in their own countries. Do you blame them for staying out of this? I don�t, in the interim our sadistic President has decided to stop terrorist by forcing other countries into disarming all there Nuclear, Chemical and Biological warfare programs or get the option to deal with the Untied States. Go Figure, We are the country of the free, no one tells us what to do, but we have the right to tell the rest of the world what he or she should have to do, does this make sense?
Its now been a year and a half since the terrorist attacked the United States, and our President has 100�s of thousands of United States Armed Forces sitting in the desert region of the middle east preparing to start war with Iraq for not disarming, while the leader of the terrorist who started all this keeps sending video and audio tapes to a television studio some where in the desert where he claims to be calling the entire Muslim world to stand up and attack the United States.

At this point in time, are the American citizens safe? Now please tell me what�s more important, protecting our own country with urgency or to continue our buildup to disarm Iraq. I would believe our government would be issuing out vaccinations, chemical and biological masks, suits and have some kind of plan to protect us. What do we get though, a news broadcaster telling us to stock up on water, duck tape, scissors, plastic sheeting and a battery powered radio to increase the odds of our survival. Does this scare you? To me it seems as if our government has already excepted the fact that we are going to be attacked, there will be a radiological or chemical and biological attack on the United States and there is not a lot our government can do to prevent this from occurring.
This is where my marbles where stolen. How are we supposed to think, act and live with knowing a massive attack on the United States that could possibly kill 100�s of thousands of us could happen at any moment?
What should I be doing now knowing the fact that I could be dead in minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or even years? What am I to do with these supplies and how are they suppose to help my family and I increase the odds of survival. What about nuclear fall out? If the sonic blast doesn�t kill us, where are we going to be safe? I know the toxins in the air after the mushroom cloud kill as well, so what does hiding in a room in a house that�s under the ground do to prevent me from dying as the handbook (Homeland Security Disaster Manual) states I should do or is this just for the government to have an easier clean up process after we are all dead.

Well this is where my mind is now, among other things that make no sense to me of what�s going on in my world. I cannot function correctly anymore? Can you??

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Agree w/u about Bush being a sadist. Anyone who says: "Bring it on!"
after a week of beheadings and bombings of kids isn't too nice a guy.

Re: our govts terror warnings. This last one was a total joke. The list
terrorist's MAY hit include: trains, tunnels, election booths, bridges, places they have "hit before" and places they "have attempted to hit."

Hahahaha.

Bummer they can't narrow it down, huh?
By the way - NYC officials have stated they haven't received the Big Money
this current administration promised to help with chem/bio attacks.

Guess the 'ole FDNY is in for another rocky ride, eh?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm having trouble counting the number of terrorist attacks on US
soil, since 9/11..
Can anyone help me?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Having trouble counting????????? Thats my point, Are they or will they try to attack us again or is this just a ploy to keep us all on edge to pursue other means within those countries that hold the oil?? Do they actually hate us or was 9 /11 a paid effort to allow GWB to finish off what his Daddy never finished???

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Who are the leaders of the "Free World"? I use the term "Free World" to define democratic democracies. Are not the most European countries democracies? Are they not also members of the orginization called the "United Nations"? Does the UN have the authority and might to take on the evil of other governing bodies. On paper they do.
We, the United States have been trespassed against by one of the worlds evil power. The UN did nothing to assist us and actions undertaken by the current administration, right or wrong were implemented.
If you have not forgotten were it not for America taking a stand in the 2nd
WW you would probably speaking the German langauge. The French proved to be powerless and the English were impotent. We extended our hand in friendship and spilled our blood on foriegn soil to keep democracy alive.
We are the leaders of the free world and don't forget it. If you lived under Islamic rule would voice be heard?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Justmytype,

Well, I figured it out...ZERO..the answer is ZERO, no attacks.

Also,
Yes, we've had warnings. But nothing hapened..So does that mean, we should no longer be worried? Or no longer be warned?

What would be a solution to the "silly" terrorism warnings?
Silence?

People complain that they had no warning on 9/11..Now that some attempt
is being made..People complain about THAT.....
I guess people just like to b*tch eh?

Thats why ATSNN is Successful!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I'm having trouble counting the number of terrorist attacks on US
soil, since 9/11..
Can anyone help me?

I am so tired of hearing this senseless logic. Do no further terrorist events warrant the pre-emptive strike of a country based on false and useless information - resulting in over 868 troop deaths not to mention 11,000 wounded. When you make those comments, its like saying, "hey better those troops than me".

The war on terror - you can't fight a full scare war on a method of war. The war on drugs doesn't work either. Speaking of which - if the drugs flow, we are essentially not safe from terror b/c that means the borders are susceptible. Show me where concern for border security is up.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
NavyDog,

I'm so tired of hearing THAT senseless logic. It's like saying the thousands killed in countries all over the world by terrorists, are worth less than American lives.
We should stay out, Like the Clinton Administration stayed out
of Rwanda. Everything just turned out fine there now, didn't it? 'cause we let them settle it on their own..They will NEVER finish counting the Bodies in Rwanda.

It's just, when it happened to US, we used our strength to do what was needed. Of course we are paying for it, in world public opinion.

I guess the other option would be to allow Radical Muslims to have their
way with the world? Or ruthless megalomaniac dictators.

What YOU are is, saying those brave soldiers died for nothing. That's just untrue.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Justmytype

Don't take this as a personal insult, but it sounds like you are afraid and worried. I think that is healthy - most rational people are concerned about what will happen next in the world. We have been attacked, viciously, and nobody knows when and where the terrorists will strike again. We get warnings, which have so far panned out to be nothing, at least as far as we know. As spacedoubt put it, there have been *zero* attacks on our country since 9/11. Have we been lucky? Have there been some hard-working people working behind the scenes, chalking up successes that we will never know about? A bit of both, I suspect.

But does that mean that we will never be targeted again? I don't think so. How do we handle it? By pulling together, first of all. Why do the terrorists find it so easy to hide, and live among us? Because their supporters stick together. Believe me, they love the fact that they can cause a divide among us -- they count on it, as a matter of fact. If we fight among each other, they have struck terror in our hearts, and that is their goal.

This is not to say that we have to blindly follow our leaders. But we have to give them support, and confidence. We can't second-guess them, accuse them, attack them every minute of every day. The time to do that is on election day, if you want a change.

Personally, I support GWB's efforts to combat terror. The terrorists know he isn't fecking around. The other candidates will plunge us back into an era where we will be not only frightened, but vulnerable.

Good luck, live each day with strength, and don't give in to the terrorists' game.

Just my .02

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows
Agree w/u about Bush being a sadist. Anyone who says: "Bring it on!"
after a week of beheadings and bombings of kids isn't too nice a guy.

Re: our govts terror warnings. This last one was a total joke. The list
terrorist's MAY hit include: trains, tunnels, election booths, bridges, places they have "hit before" and places they "have attempted to hit."

Hahahaha.

Bummer they can't narrow it down, huh?
By the way - NYC officials have stated they haven't received the Big Money
this current administration promised to help with chem/bio attacks.

Guess the 'ole FDNY is in for another rocky ride, eh?

Really would you call a president who says im not going to do anything to the terrorist I will let them kill some more people and kids because I want my popularity and not to mention I am busy with my intern this week so I cant make any decisions you have to be tough to extremist if you run with your tail between your legs they will keep attacking you.

Really you find warnings by the government a total joke sad really sad people have a right to be on the lookout and know if something is about to happen and you were disappointed because they didn't narrow it down to you they probably know more but what do you want them to say uhh...we have info that akhmed will blow up a bus on 5.30 pm on downtown Manhattan we will have the place sealed off and we will catch him is that what you expect them to say in a press release incase you haven't heard terrorists have TV's too they listen to the news.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

NavyDog,

I'm so tired of hearing THAT senseless logic. It's like saying the thousands killed in countries all over the world by terrorists, are worth less than American lives. We should stay out, Like the Clinton Administration stayed out of Rwanda. Everything just turned out fine there now, didn't it? 'cause we let them settle it on their own..They will NEVER finish counting the Bodies in Rwanda. It's just, when it happened to US, we used our strength to do what was needed. Of course we are paying for it, in world public opinion. I guess the other option would be to allow Radical Muslims to have their way with the world? Or ruthless megalomaniac dictators.
What YOU are is, saying those brave soldiers died for nothing. That's just untrue.

Your post is really not that clear.

If we stayed out of Iraq, yes, 868 would still be alive (not to mention hostages and coalition members), 11,000 not wounded, and countless Iraq civilians not killed or wounded.

Hang on to that feeling that this was a just war if you like - but to reiterate my point again no terrorist attacks since 911 doesn't justify anything. People are still hanging on to that justification even as the ball falls on the CIA, other lies/deceipts, terror has actually gone up, etc. How much is enough.

My heart goes out to the families of the soldiers - its a tough life when your spouse or father/mother deploys for months on end. For the ones who died or are permantly wounded, I am ashamed of this administation b/c it was for NOTHING.

Have you served in the military by the way, in a combat zone?

[edit on 10-7-2004 by NavyDog]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My post not clear?
It was prefectly clear to me, at four in the morning or how however late it was!

No, I could not serve in the military. I have a vision problem that prevented it.
Instead I worked as a civilian, for the Naval research Lab for a few years..

But I have family members there, or who were there, and coworkers.

I don't have to tell myself that it is a "just war" They have been telling me..
Those who served.
They were a little ticked about the long deployments.
But if our Military hadn't been PILLAGED, by the previous Admin..well, that
wouldn't be a problem Now..

Space out..

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Actually, Clinton started improving the military, but that's for a different thread. I've heard the aaguement that better we are in Iraq fighting the hot bed of terroist that we created, by attacking Iraq, then here. While that may be correct is it right? It was Afghanistan that was the creater of 911, an we should have finished there first, in case you haven't noticed thing are not going well there either. War on terrorism is so different, because you fight an idea not a particular country, you fight people that move from country to country. Terror warnings will not bother most people,until the one time something happens, just beacuse all is well doesn't mean ther is no threat. Has anyone been to Isreal lately that's security.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

My post not clear?
It was prefectly clear to me, at four in the morning or how however late it was!

No, I could not serve in the military. I have a vision problem that prevented it.
Instead I worked as a civilian, for the Naval research Lab for a few years..

But I have family members there, or who were there, and coworkers.

I don't have to tell myself that it is a "just war" They have been telling me..
Those who served.
They were a little ticked about the long deployments.
But if our Military hadn't been PILLAGED, by the previous Admin..well, that
wouldn't be a problem Now..

Space out..

I have a lot of friends still in - I am hearing a very different story. We had a parade in our city at the beginning of summer. One of the guard units were there - came back from Iraq. The driver and passenger in a Humvee were looking my way - literally staring. They pointed at my wife and her button that said "Veteran for Kerry". They gave a thumbs up - both of them. Man I was taken back. True story.

People in the military do the job and don't complain - no matter whos at the helm.

Please don't use that Clinton pillaged the military - simply not true. I was in during his whole term. We had the same budget in our units - sometimes even more. The military is always in dire straits no matter what - housing, deployments, gas, etc. Troops in Iraq started out in Iraq without body armor but now they have it - that's how it goes. And last time I checked when they showed up it was 2003 - under Bush's watch. Am I going to say he pillaged the military too - no b/c that is just how it works.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
All, this is the 'War On Terrorism" forum right? I read this for conversation/debate on this war that we are in. It seems that more threads exist here that deal with Bush bashing and anti-iraq war rhetoric. Please, I'm not flaming anyone one but can't that sort of conversation be handled in the 'Politics' or the 'Fahrenheit 9/11' forum? Maybe someone can create a 'Hate Bush' forum thread?
DR

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
NavyDog,

About that political button your wife was wearing..
I wonder if the Thumbs-up was for the Veteran Part, or the Kerry part?

As jsobecky put it, It's healthy to be worried..
But I think one should not let it take over their way of life.
Truthfully, I think posting your toughts, or talking about them with others
is really important. And a civilized debate can NEVER hurt..

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

What would be a solution to the "silly" terrorism warnings?
Silence?

People complain that they had no warning on 9/11..Now that some attempt
is being made..People complain about THAT.....
I guess people just like to b*tch eh?

What's the point? Silence would be just as effective as crying wolf all the time. What do you do different when they raise the warning level? Does anyone do anything different? Wear a sweater? Bring an umbrella? Are you even more observant than normal? Probably not.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch

If you have not forgotten were it not for America taking a stand in the 2nd
WW you would probably speaking the German langauge. The French proved to be powerless and the English were impotent.

you obviously have never heard of the "Battle of Britain". without a doubt the war could have gone the wrong way without the usa. but FFS you took your time.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by FredH]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
What's the point? Silence would be just as effective as crying wolf all the time. What do you do different when they raise the warning level? Does anyone do anything different? Wear a sweater? Bring an umbrella? Are you even more observant than normal? Probably not.

So would you personally choose not to be warned at all?
What would you do as far as warning the public, if you had Tom Ridge's job?

Me personally, I am much more aware of my surroundings, on a daily basis, since 9/11. But I have always been the curious type when it comes to people, anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm naturally observant. I don't need anyone to tell me to pay attention, I notice people and things anyway. As far as the warnings, sure, I don't mind being warned, but you have to admit, when warnings are overused, they become ignored. That's the case here. You have to be careful not to cry wolf, or claim the sky is falling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join