It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Our Ancient Alien Sky Prove Our Ancient Alien Past?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

As always mate, a great response

Originally posted by Kandinsky
In the paper, it's possible that Perrat has looked at the petroglyphs through the filter of plasma science. Is he any different to someone who sees the same depictions as aliens? Is it more than a form of intuitive pareidolia? From my perspective, he's seeing patterns that confirm his way of thinking.

I can fully relate to those points. And there are most certainly more mundane explanations for some of the petroglyphs. Your example of the big horned sheep being one such explanation. However, Peratt isn't seeing something that is not there, this isn't a case of pointing at a low quality image of the Moon and saying "Look, it's a space station!"

He has found that he can easily replicate petroglyph after petroglyph in his plasma laboratory experiments and only a fool would argue that they aren't identical, or at least very similar to one another.

Also, I would like to think that Peratt's standing as a scientist would take him beyond being fooled by some form of intuitive pareidolia, although not even science if immune to bias. But, like I have said, his experiments and his subsequent findings speak for themselves. There is a correlation, it seems. What other people then do with his findings is another matter entirely.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
If they are supposed to represent phenomena that support the plasma/electric universe ideas, why haven't the literate societies and civilisations written about them?

Could you explain what you mean here? I have read it about 40 times now and I'm still not sure what you mean by it. I'm having a slow day

Thanks once again for the great reply

edit on 15/1/2011 by LiveForever8 because: Like I said, a slow day

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

If they are supposed to represent phenomena that support the plasma/electric universe ideas, why haven't the literate societies and civilisations written about them?

Sorry. I meant that these same pictograms and petroglyphs have been constantly created even in the last few centuries. His argument falls on its backside at this stage. Fair enough, he tries to limit the dates to pre-literate times, but it suggests he's drawn a conclusion and then applied some hypothesis to it.

His claim is that ancient people witnessed 'plasma phenomena' in the skies and recorded them on rock. The thing is, they continued to carve these images right up till a couple of hundred years ago. That's way into the history of us being literate. My question is where are the written descriptions from the Chinese, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Germans, British etc?

Is he saying that this plasma phenomena only happened in the distant past (pre-literacy)? If so what are the people trying to depict since it stopped? If it didn't stop, where's the written evidence?

Perrat might be bigshizz in the plasma science field, but he's just another Joe Schmo when it comes to the Neolithic. His interpretations in this paper are as wishful as someone else calling them 'aliens.' I honestly think he's had a brain fart on this one.

edit on 15-1-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I think he is pointing out (This Plasma Theory guy) that they seemed to simultanously appear all at once - all over the world. I can tell you, that I as a modern human (and a hobby anthropologist) remember walking my dog on a cool clear night and looking up to see the Haley Bop - and it frightened me!!! You know on that deep responsive level before you sort it out cognitively. I thought, Oh MY! How very obvious they were affected by the celestial happenings and it reflects in their buildings and art. They couldn't hop on ATS and verify what was happening. Can you imagine what it must have been like, to live literally off grid in every way - and experience something like a comet?

Personally that Haley Bop experience opened my mind in a new way, to certain considerations concerning early man. We sit in our nice climate controlled homes and speculate - and are shaped by our arrogance and personal belief - systems probably missing what is right before our eyes as a result. JMHO

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Although I don't agree with Perrat's assertions relating to glyphs, I agree completely with your first post in this thread and starred it. Our ancestors must have experienced the night sky in a way I almost envy. Comet Hale-Bopp was quite a thing to see in our time, a similar event thousands of years ago must have been breathtaking...awesome in the real sense of the word.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Wow, a star! I'm new around here! I got a star! I never would have known either.
Thanks. I enjoy ideas like this, we definately need to stretch a bit further and "un-do" a lot of damage done in regards to mangled history and prehistory. Imagine if we could view things with totally fresh eyes, devoid of preconcieved notions. The sky, the climate, the landmass, the possiblity of the influence of hallucinogens, the possiblity of trance states brought on by questing - all need to be considered when looking at ancient cultures, from their art to their myths. (Hint: Do a little googling on the real reason "witches ride broomsticks" - I think what I recently found out about that will scar me for life. LOL)

I have just begun to learn about Astrotheology - ancient skies - so this post is very exciting. Thanks OP.
edit on 16-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: add to

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I have an explanation for this :
(((The Hygenis Rille that can be found on The Moon )))

Something close to what has been said here :
(((These "rilles" are commonly thought to be the remains of collapsed lava tubes or extinct lava flows. However, some physicists argue that these rilles show the typical characteristics of channels created, not by lava flow, but by massive electrostatic discharges during a time when the solar system was a lot more electrically active)))

this information known to the Arabs and Muslims over 1450 years They are mentioned in their holy book ( holy quran ) Miracle occurred to prove the authenticity of a letter of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him There is an entire chapter in the qoran called (the moon) Talk about the splitting of the moon, which happened by god to prove the sincerity of the Prophet
For more information, contact me at : [email protected]
sorry for bad english (google translate)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A summary of the discussion about the splitting the moon

Split

Chinese, Mayan and Byzantine sources didn't seem to have notice it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

This is fantastic stuff. I have not had time to read your thread yet. But I have read up on stuff like the squatting man and plasma radiation.

All those celtic sprials and stuff too. Its possible peeps were trying to describe major events in the sky... Birth of venus... same kind of thing.

There are meant to be safe havens around the world. It this stuff is true it puts it more in perspective why the Chinesse would take the tops of sharp buildings and flatten sharp hills...

s/f... will read later )

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Anyone see Silver Linings Playbook? It's in theater right now. The buddy in the movie takes his shirt off in a fight in the Philly Eagles parking lot and the camera clearly shows this man- symbol or petroglyph on his shoulder as a tatoo.

That's all. Just thought it was interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join