It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Austrailian Floods... MAN-MADE!!?!?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I just rolled on the floor because I lost my breath and nearly died because of laughter. Why oh why are people so blind? Their logic brains not functioning well its clearly stippulated that WEATHER CONTROL is real they can create HAIL storms, do the bloody research before dismissing it PERIOD
edit on 15-1-2011 by exactmad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well this is a Conspiracy Site, after all!!
Making rain has been around for a while, I believe the Texicans have rain making machines all over that state.
Regardless, Rain making would be VERY localized, seeing it "Seeds" clouds with chemicals. So the widespread rain over most of Australia could not be attributed to "Cloud Seeding" in Queensland. There is Flooding in Victoria too (the Southern Most Mainland State). Not to mention the current Brazil Floods, and the China and Pakistan floods, not long ago in 2010.
Its all part of La Ninia..... The Problem is, after La Ninia, comes El Neno and dry weather.

While a lot of Global Warming pundits jump up and down in anticipation, they all seem to shut-up, when one mentions the Severe Snow blizzards in Europe and the Nth Americas in recent years.

Im No scientist, but I predict we will have a cool 2011....With all the experts in this World, not one person has mentioned the great number of Volcanic eruptions that occurred all thru 2010. Millions of tonnes of ash and soot is still circulating in the upper atmosphere at the moment. During the past 1000 years there have been several periods of "Nuclear Winter", thought to have been caused by giant eruptions (Indonesia area?).

So far this Year, southern Australia has had a relatively Cool Summer.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is why many people think the people on these sites are out of their mind. I just need to laugh for abit more.................................................................................................................................................. ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ..................................................................................
Okay thats enough. I knew a thread like this would come up, i remember when the bushfires were happening and someone said it was Terrorism. Oh lol

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Above_Beyond

I've always been suspicious of my government, and when the floods came many things felt strange, especially when they didn;t disclose via the media why the premier didn't show up. There is no hard evidence to suggest its man mande though

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Notice how Bligh was performing extremely badly in the polls and was certain to loose the next election, but after this flood she's now some kind of hero, most who were attacking her are now praising her.

To me she was fake and very well rehearsed, she knew this was coming and knew it would take an event like this to save her.

Maybe that's why they didn't stop at these, a year after the rainmaking tech article we see this....

Worst flood in 35 years (2009 article)
news.smh.com.au...

Then in 2010 we see more record flooding

www.thechronicle.com.au...
tvnz.co.nz...
www.news.com.au...

But they didnt stop there, the majority of voters live in Brisbane, so maybe just maybe they wanted a controlled flood in the city, only such an event could possible save Bligh from certain defeat at the next election.

The flood was caused by controlled release from wivenhoe dam, we had our first clear sky in months the morning of the flood peak so none was being added from local catchments, it was only coming from the gates at wivenhoe, understandably they had to let the water out but the method of flooding meant they could carefully control the disaster to get significant impact without pushing it too far and pissing us all off.

Most of this is just speculation I know, but its suss how the rainmaking tech was bought by the the QLD government, and then a flood saved the premiers skin.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The Science (links) you have backed up your argunment is very hard to understand, seeing as it looks like the authors of the argument you copy/pasted here do not actually fully understand the whole concept.
If you want to get all scientific please stop useing words like this

Probably

Yeh, the discussion at that link is a bit of a fizzer, i apologize. In fact, what I wrote on the previous page is more useful than the link. But if you look hard enough you would find info supporting the argument

Regarding the use of word "probably", by definition, this what is called "hedging" in scientific writing.

www.uefap.com...

In fact, hedging is fundamental to scientific writing, in particular the use of modal adverbs like propably, likely definitely etc. Whilst this thread or site is not a formal medium for scientific writing it could do with formally structured posts every now and then to enhance the credibility of the site.

To be balanced I present the following link

www.cs.purdue.edu...

that states it is not a good idea to use the word probably in scientific writing. But this is conditional and depends on the level of quantification or statistical context surrounding its use. As I threw up some numbers I think I just sneak in on this criteria

but to be fair, the use of the word "probably" and its context in the previous post relates to the fact that I have never come across mechanisms that could explain the effect of cloud seeding on atmospheric conditions such as barometric pressure, temperature, rates of sea water evaporation etc. There may be something documented in climate science literature regarding this but I will make the bet that there isn't. The reason i make this bet is I cannot think of any scientific explanation more rational than something like the "Butterfly Effect" that could do it.
edit on 15-1-2011 by pezza because: context behind word use added

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally
reply to post by pezza

Perhaps best to let this thread progress on its own merits for now and focus on the science if you genuinely want to make an impact on this issue.

You my friend are a breath of fresh air, quality post thank you so much, chucked a star your way, wish i could chuck 10

Wal

thanks matey, glad you responded. Often I make posts of similar depth to the above and never get any appraisal .

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Yeah I can see there is valid arguments for both sides, the point they "say" is that cloud seeding basically induces the clouds to drop their rain content? if Im understand it all correctly??
This makes sense that cloud seeding could not have affected the weather system because the govt would need to be nuts inducing more rain at this time of the year and this does make sense. I still dont fully understand the concepts of rain making and cloud seeding, I do have the feeling though that this new technology could screw up the weather systems and through my researching I can see that the weather is still doing things which are making the weather men around the world hold their heads in their hands..... It was amazing the way the weather system acted over toowoomba and the lockyer valley, as they say they could not predict how it moved over such a large area in several localised percipitation "blotches".

Bit of a rant? but my overall point is that I still dont beleive they fully understand the consequences of useing this technology.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dniMnepO

Bit of a rant? but my overall point is that I still dont beleive they fully understand the consequences of useing this technology.

yeh, climate science or meteorology is IMO one the hardest things to get your head around. On the point you make above, i believe the actual science related to the phase change is well understood (i.e. vapour -> liquid in the presence of a nucleation surface) but the macroscale effects are only partially understood. Catastrophic precipitation is certainly one facet of macroscale phenomena.

Without in depth knowledge of cloud seeding ( i am not a climate scientist), if I was to ascertain the actual extent of the cloud seeding phenomena I would look for trace amounts of the nucleation media in individual drops falling from the sky over a wide area. If you collected enough drops you could attach some real quantitative data to the possibility of cloud seeding causing the flood. The sort of analysis you would perform would depend on the nucleation media used. For example;

Dry Ice: trace amounts of ethanol by HPLC. Dry ice contains trace ethanol from the manufacturing process and its presence in a drop of rain could only be because it was a residue of the dry ice evaporation.

Silver Iodide (s) : collect by filtration on suitable substrate. Total volume determined by gravamatric analysis and identification by FTIR.

Basically, if a drop did not contain the media then you could rule out that it arrived by seeding. Anyway, just a thought for someone if they wanted to find hard evidence. Im not even sure if the above would work.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Above_Beyond

I thought that they might be man made, I thought with the dead birds and fish and that dodgy weather radar thingy, That they might be using haarp to cause a # storm around the world.

Why would they do this? In my opinion it could be to take peoples minds off the wikileaks cables or the bad decisions been made by the govts around the world atm. All so I thought they may have caused the aussie floods because I heard it was leaked on radio by accident that australia is still owned by the brittish. some one made a thread on the later but I cant find it atm.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pezza

After studying and researching the topic of cloud seeding and water modification I beleive that in no way that weather manipulation was a direct result of this freakish weather system which cause the floods, although I do beleive that constant weather modification over the past few years has had some sort of impact on the weather patterns and surely it plays some part in the dramatic changes of how weather systems actually act.
Is there any theorys that these chemicals use for weather modification can be stored in the earth and tree's and be released or "dragged up" by an intense weather system moving over it.
interesting points and you do sound quite informed, more informed then I am, anyhow I found this quite interesting

Terpenes are released by trees more actively during warmer weather, acting as a natural form of cloud seeding.

Dry ice or propane expansion cools the air to such an extent that ice crystals can nucleate spontaneously from the vapor phase. Unlike seeding with silver iodide, this spontaneous nucleation does not require any existing droplets or particles because it produces extremely high vapor supersaturations near the seeding substance.

Cloud seeding over Kosciuszko National Park - a Biosphere Reserve - is problematic in that several rapid changes of environmental legislation were made to enable the "trial." Environmentalists are concerned about the uptake of elemental silver in a highly sensitive environment affecting the pygmy possum amongst other species as well as recent high level algal blooms in once pristine glacial lakes. The ABC program Earthbeat on 17 July 2004 heard that not every cloud has a silver lining where concerns for the health of the pygmy possums was raised. Research 50 years ago and analysis by the former Snowy Mountains Authority led to the cessation of the cloud seeding program in the 1950s with non-definitive results. Formerly, cloud seeding was rejected in Australia on environmental grounds because of concerns about the protected species, the pygmy possum. Since silver iodide and not elemental silver is the cloud seeding material, the claims of negative environmental impact are disputed by peer-reviewed research as summarized by the international weather modification association.

This info was pulled from wiki-pedia of all places lol
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-1-2011 by dniMnepO because: link for ex content

edit on 16-1-2011 by dniMnepO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Is there any theorys that these chemicals use for weather modification can be stored in the earth and tree's and be released or "dragged up" ]

And this my friend is where we go into an area of science known as aerodynamic resuspension of particles (at least in the instance of silver iodide). Given that silver iodide used for the purpose of cloud seeding is small, say of the order less than 0.1mm, resuspension is easy for a dry single particle. If it was contained in water on the ground then no, it will stay with the water. In fact, if we were to look at the fate of every single silver iodide particle used for cloud seeding, >99% would be carried with the rain water into the soil matrix below the point of the air/land interface. Here these particles bond to the soil by the typical forces that keep particles stuck together.

One counter argument could be to suggest that this top layer of soil containing the silver iodide could be kicked up in some freak wind event (like the red sunrise in eastern Australia last year). But do realise that suspended soil particulates are also nucleation points for drop formation and during this freak event, if it caused rain, then airborne matter like silicates and other minerals would account for the overwhelming majority of drops formed.

I hope this makes sense.

edit on 16-1-2011 by pezza because: added a word for clarity

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thanks alot for your reply's, I love watching the weather and trying to predict it and gaining an overall concept of how it all works. Definately looking forward to doing a bit of research into these subjects. Stars for u

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Thanks alot for your reply's, I love watching the weather and trying to predict it and gaining an overall concept of how it all works. Definately looking forward to doing a bit of research into these subjects. Stars for u

no probs, happy to be appointed a science and engineering mentor to this thread.

FYI, in the spirit of "getting to know one another", I enjoy weather predictions in relation to the following

1) Surf prediction, wave height, period direction, etc

2) Snow prediction, depth, quality, freezing level, snow levels etc. Also big fan of finding Snow in the Blue Mountains NSW.

3) Wind events that cause havoc in aviation, mostly Kingsford Smith Airport (YSSY), particularly close to the crosswind limits of commercial aircraft

4) Storm chasing (see one of my youtube vids here www.youtube.com...) and going to the epicentre of freak events. e.g. the big Sydney hailstorm of 2000, the big Hurstville hail storm about 4 years after that, pasher bulker beaching, Kensington floods of 1986 and so on. I reckon i could go on for a couple of paragraphs here.
edit on 17-1-2011 by pezza because: added weather discussion

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have been watching the weather this past year very closely. The year opened with odd weather in The Southern United States with Snow falling in the state of Florida. The southern Hemisphere had hotter and drier weather than they were use to. In February, the earthquake in Chili moved the axis of the earth by about three inches. The Volcano Erupted in April of 2010 throwing tons of Dust and ash into the atmosphere. I told my friend about this time that all it would take is one more major disaster to throw the entire weather patterns off kilter by a large amount, a few days later the Deepwater Horizon Oil Rig was sunk and has thus caused a change in the Gulf Current.

It seems to me that all of these combined has created a strange and definately different weather than what is normally expected. I live in the Southern United States, and have not seen snow on christmas since I lived in the midwest when I was 8 years old. This christmas I had the joyous pleasure of seeing it. Meanwhile, all over the place in the southern hemisphere, horrid weather just continued to pile up. Now even here in the U.S. we are having severe flooding in the Northwestern part of the Country, and the North Central Part. It seems the whole world is getting floods, odd weather, and even worse natural disasters.

All of this is just mere signs of the times and what has been prophecied by many people around the world for centuries. we are now just seeing the entire thing come to pass much faster than we expected. Though Honestly, I have been expecting it since I was 10 years old and had some rather odd dreams of my own personal future.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Several flood warnings issued today

Flood Summary Issued at 3:46 PM on Wednesday the 19th of January 2011 FLOOD WARNING FOR THE CONDAMINE AND BALONNE RIVER SYSTEM FLOOD WARNING FOR THE COOPER CREEK FLOOD WARNING FOR THE FlINDERS RIVER FLOOD WARNING FOR THE LOWER WEIR AND MACINTYRE RIVERS FLOOD WARNING FOR THE MOONIE RIVER

Full Details to in link www.bom.gov.au...
Links to the live current weather radars in Australia www.bom.gov.au...
edit on 19-1-2011 by dniMnepO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
hi all

I would like to throw some gasoline on this nearly extinguished thread. I will now take on the position of conspiracy theorist;

Considering cyclone Yagi (CATEGORY 5) is about to cross the QLD coast in the next 24 hours, the expected rainfall from this event in areas will exceed 1000mm !!!! (source:www.news.com.au... 25997552623)

Hurricane Katrina only dumped 300mm, it pales in comparison. What is the chance that we have two once in a century floods with in the space of a few weeks. This will be worse than the last one. It defies natural probability. They both surely must be man made. It is a no brainer!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pezza

the link doesnt seem to work but 1000mm of rainfall will be insane considering the earths still drying up around here, the rivers still look bulged today and flash flooding on the southern regions of this TC Yasi when it crosses land has to be almost definate..... all queenslanders stay warey of this mega cyclone.
Pezza you seem to be quite knowledgable and would like it if you could answer to questions to this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also for the Queenslands stay updated from this site with very informative live radar loops.
www.bom.gov.au...
This link also shows very good live infared image loops of the coral sea (show potentail systems to back it up)
www.goes.noaa.gov...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

reply to post by pezza

the link doesnt seem to work but 1000mm of rainfall will be insane considering the earths still drying up around here,

try this one from Courier Mail

www.couriermail.com.au...

basically compares this one to Katrina, Larry, Tracy. They saying this one packs the punch of Katrina.

Will do re: that other thread. Im just going to pop out for an hour or so and reply to that thread a bit later. There is a bushfire just down the road from where I am. Looks like it is going to take out the Microsoft building

re:playing the role of an ignorant conspiracy theorist just above, I liken it to playing golf left handed. A good right handed golfer finds it hard to fake being a bad golfer, simply because the critical biomechanics are deeply entrained into that person. So what they may do is play left handed and say they are left handed. Then they would hustle the fooled playing partner and switch to right hand to bring home the cash. I liken playing the role of an ignorant conspiracy theorist to using the left hand in the brain.

Note: i dont imply all conspiracy theorists are ignorant, just the ignorant bit referring to someone that uses zero scientific reasoning in analysing scientific matters.
edit on 1-2-2011 by pezza because: add 2 paragraphs at the end

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join