It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world is about to go BANG!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by spookfish

I know there has been talk about this for years. That does not make it correct. I suppose here that the term exponential is being used as common jargon and not with the intent of being used correctly. These notions of singularity are fanciful at best. Exponential systems quickly decay since the lack of resources quickly dampens the curve.

Sometime in the future tech advance will be so swift that before the product leaves the factory it'll already be the out of date model.

That has been happening for years. Take anti virus software. It is out of date before the CDs are pressed. I've worked on chips that were 4X the capacity of product being made on the production line. Most places that do research have more advanced concepts than what is being produced. If they don't they lose against the competition.
edit on 20-1-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

In this case, the exponential growth refers to the doubling of computer processing power and the halving of price over a set time period...

www.kurzweilai.net...This article explains fairly well the concept of exponential growth in the technology sector. Exponential growth isn't something that gets explained away because it's a mathematics concept. It either IS or it isn't. We're very used to thinking about progress linearly because it's easy to wrap your head around it. Exponential growth is much harder to comprehend because the gains get so large so quickly.

Taking 10 steps linearly will take you forward 10 steps. Taking 10 steps exponentially will take you 512 steps forward.

If the world is going to go BANG because of exponential growth in technology, we might not see it coming.
edit on 21-1-2011 by grahag because: Would have helped if I had included the link to the article.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

In this case, the exponential growth refers to the doubling of computer processing power and the halving of price over a set time period...

I am well aware of Moore's law. That hardly covers technology in general and certainly does not mean that anything over than less cost and faster and more storage is available. In terms of overall technology it is small beans. What about metals, plastics, ceramics, transportation, medical, ... Are these changing as fast?

I am well aware of math and the implications of linear vs power vs exponential. That is why I find the claim that things are changing exponentially to be incorrect.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think something really is IS happening. I was just reading:

www.spaceweather.com...

Patrick Geryl was right again!. For those of you who don't know who he is you can google his name. I'll give a brief summary. It is HIS theory on which the 2012 movie was based. He says that an enormous solar flare will hit the earth in 2012, causing the magnetic poles to flip, and the molten core of the earth to spin the opposite direction.

It's not just some theory we have to take on faith. His theory predicts increasing solar activity causing ever larger solar storms/flares every approx. 81 days, and today is his 3rd hit right on the money! The first that I was paying attention to was August 2010. Then again on Oct. 27th. I was telling myself that it was a coincidence, but the third occurred today just as his theory predicts. It is really happening. I'm actually suprised that nobody has opened a thread on this. I guess I dont have enough posts yet.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
Does anybody else out there just get a crazy feeling something bad is about to happen in this world?

Its like the world is under attack by means unknown and each one of these random attacks is for the sole purpose of trying to kickstart a major catastrophe.

The world can only take so much of a beating before it cant recover in time for another kick in the teeth.

I'm not taking into account any prophecy or related hype, but I'm just being aware of my surroundings and this gloomy feeling I get when thinking about the near future ahead.

I read this article recently also, its nothing new but food for thought none the less.

www.theinsider.org...

Something is about to change people!

Yeah,. for the last 5 years I have felt it,.
the universe certainly has something up,.
I think the Packers are gonna go back to the superbowl
well whadduya know
the packers won another game,.
It would seem we may be closer to the bigger bang.
the universe is certainly speaking to the natives of Wisconsin..
Oh, as for this thread
I think things will move along as usual
It would seem that I am a prophet,. as the packers will be playing at the SUPERBOWL.
Looks like the Universe is doing some good things before it goes BANG

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
For a while I was thinking something bad will happen but now...i don't know...I'm pretty optimistic.

Wanna live forever!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You can debate till the cows come home but the fact is, inside, we all know change is happening. Some admit it, some dont because it takes them from their comfort zone and from the view that society has instilled in them over many, many years.

We have allowed our ego to become so big that we realy do believe we are "number 1", invincible, able to do as we please here on mother earth.

The fact is we are as insignificant as dandruff on a head of hair. We rape and pillage the earth for the $ or £ sign. We allow other human beings to ruin and steal from this beautifull planet we live on. Yet we do nothing, so is it a surprise that nature has chosen to remedy the cancer herself?

Stop worrying about whatever is coming as we cant stop it. We can only hope that those who have used our money to plan for their own survival get treated the same as those who cant afford bunkers.

Hopefully some of us will see the other side of this event, whatever it is. Lets just hope that maybe this time we have learned a lesson. A lesson that means our future ancestors can live in peace and harmony.

Or, maybe we are destined to repeat the same mistakes over, and over, and over.

Respects

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Balanced

So you are relying on Geryls who is an author in Belgium. He is not a scientist, but a prolific author of doom and gloom books. This is the loon that is unable to explain how he is "able" to predict solar flares. I have to laugh here as he is only able to put check marks next to his name when he is correct. He neglects to discount when he is wrong. He is often wrong.

So this buffoon claims a CME is going to flip over the world. Is he stupid or what?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

If we are pillaging and plundering as you suggest so what? What if we are not? How do the actions of people on Earth affect the solar system or universe at large?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
"Nothing stays very very good, or very very bad, for very very long"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Yup yup!

I have posted this in other threads that are related to this too.

I feel an absolute certainty, right down to my core, that something big is happening here - right now.

Something big meaning what? I mean, out of curiosity, have you any clue what this "big" thing might be? I mean, that could mean anything.

Something big could be anything from BP oil spill to an earthquake.... Or it could be something along the lines of the destruction of the planet.

Something big also could be something great as well, no? So I ask out of curiosity, if you have any more to that feeling aside from something big happening?

I have had that feeling before as well, but nothing ever came of it. So I am just curious.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
When I started this thread on 14-1-2011, everything where I was living in Australia was fine.

Three weeks later a monster-super-storm wiped me out.

I'm wondering if what I wrote in the opening thread may have been my intuition on this because I wouldn't want anything bigger to happen to anybody else, although is may be inevitable.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlueAlien

I could have sworn that you said something "bad" but then I looked at it again and then it said something "good". I guess, if you create an equilibrium, then there always going to be two sides to the coin.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You are so growing on me. Not that you care, I know.

But, exactly right! These are the questions to ask, research and answer.

The bottom line resides here.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Yes something is coming , and it will come by Israel . I know that most people want the bible to go away but it does tell us that we are about to see a NWO and a new money system that you will not handle nor have to carry a wallet . You will not like it either . Israel is right in the middle of it too! In this new world the Jews run the world . Not much different than today but there will be a central ruler . Israel will build their Temple .Not much chance of that now , but after the next big war verses Israel , the central government will protect Israel and allow the Temple to be built . Those that hold to their Christian faith will be persecuted . Change is something that we will not like or we would have thought of it years ago and made those changes years ago . When big Banksters make a change its because they will like it . It's all about money !

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

If we are pillaging and plundering as you suggest so what? What if we are not? How do the actions of people on Earth affect the solar system or universe at large?

I ask these questions and you provided no answer. I will then. The actions of people today do not affect the solar system or the universe at large. That's rather obvious isn't it?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Lots of pretty nasty claims there. Got any evidence other than weird fear to back up these claims?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
Does anybody else out there just get a crazy feeling something bad is about to happen in this world?

Its like the world is under attack by means unknown and each one of these random attacks is for the sole purpose of trying to kickstart a major catastrophe.

The world can only take so much of a beating before it cant recover in time for another kick in the teeth.

I'm not taking into account any prophecy or related hype, but I'm just being aware of my surroundings and this gloomy feeling I get when thinking about the near future ahead.

I read this article recently also, its nothing new but food for thought none the less.

www.theinsider.org...

Something is about to change people!

Yeah,. for the last 5 years I have felt it,.
the universe certainly has something up,.
I think the Packers are gonna go back to the superbowl
well whadduya know
the packers won another game,.
It would seem we may be closer to the bigger bang.
the universe is certainly speaking to the natives of Wisconsin..
Oh, as for this thread
I think things will move along as usual
It would seem that I am a prophet,. as the packers will be playing at the SUPERBOWL.
Looks like the Universe is doing some good things before it goes BANG
THE PACKERS HAVE WON THE SUPERBOWL
Yeah and I could gloat about my capability of prediction,. But it is already proven

THe universe has spoken

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join