It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Miracle' As Shot US Politician Opens Eyes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

'Miracle' As Shot US Politician Opens Eyes

uk.news.yahoo.com

A US congresswoman opening her eyes for the first time since being shot in the head has been hailed as "like a miracle".
Gabrielle Giffords, 40, was left critically injured after the attack by a gunman at a politicial rally in Tucson, Arizona, which left six people dead.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com
www.jackbristol.com
content.u satoday.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Gabrielle Giffords' Arizona shooting prompts Republican resignations
Alleged Loughner postings paint disturbing picture
Arizona Shooting: Pima County Sheriff's Department, College Won't Release Data On Suspect [Jared]
edit on 13-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Breaking as of 30 minutes ago here in the UK so sorry if old news but couldn't find anything posted already.

Fingers crossed she continues to recover. I was not sure of the extent of the gun shot although I appreciate that any kind of wound to the head can have many different outcomes.

May she continue to recover and hopefully will make it fully back in time.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
A Miracle would be is the bullet stopped in mid air, and turned into a flower before it hit her.

However, I'm happy for her and her family that she's improving.

CX

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, although i'm surprised it is being portrayed as breaking news by our media, this was announced by Obama at the memorial meeting in Tuscon last night.

Maybe she has opened them for a longer period?

Last night i was quite dubious of this info as it was like a raptious moment when Obama announced it. He told of how she opened her eyes in front of a few members of congress who were at her bedside. It was hailed as a miracle then too.

Later though, one of the congreswomans friends said it was like a brief moment where ther flitted open, she shyed away from saying that they were properly open like has been portrayed.

Maybe i'm just nit-pikking, however you know how much our politicians like to jump on any miraculous moment as a PR oppurtunity.

If it is a sign of further recovery, i wish her well though.

CX.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is making Revelations even more terrifyingly accurate.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Do tell??? ( revelation relation)
edit on 13/1/2011 by TOMFROMOZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugged

Just which bit of revalations?? I mean its a pretty extensive document to be fair! And, to be honest if the Bible said that a US congresswoman was going to get her head turned into a slow drain collander by a sociopathic political activist of little education and less sense, Im sure I would have read that and understood its meaning.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Revelation 13
Verse 3 to be precise

" 1 The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast. 4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?” "

Honestly tho, as a christian, once you read this in context with the surrounding chapters...well lets just say im not concerned

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugged

You know,
I never once even thought of this in that light.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Me neither.. I think its kinda silly that people are jumping to that conclusion, but if this results in the "mark of the beast" (which happens a few verses after) well then I guess I was wrong

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I guess people aren't thinking along those lines because she is a woman,
and because she was the victim of such a crazy act...

Now I am going to be bothered by the stupid, throwaway comment that started this exploration...
and all because of her religious background, too.

I will probably get flamed for this comment alone.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I am extremely happy for her family that she has pulled through the worst of it anyways, well second worst if you consider the act itself worst of all. But it is a good sign so far and I hope she returns to her family soon, along with all the rest of the victims that are still in the hospital.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugged

It would seem to fit the mold, wouldn't it. Let's start predicting what happens. This lady recovers fully from her injury. Her previous record shows that she is passionate about our system, and wants to help redesign the system for the people...to put the people back in charge of it. While at the same time putting people back in charge of the government she supports the system that further destroys the individual. It is a noble cause for sure, but not noble without real answers to problems in our world. But would this not mean that Obama was the first beast? I already assume a woman will be president in 2012, the stage is already set. However, because the congress woman is a democrat this would be impossible unless Obama chose to not run a second term. This will be interesting to ponder whether or not there is any validity to it. We will see how events unfold.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Im getting ready for work right now, so I can't study it out. But this part of revelation says that the dragon (obama? from what everyone is thinking) gives his power to a beast (which in my mind would be like a governing system) because if you notice the beast has 7 heads (leaders?) and 10 crowns (not sure), that would mean she is one of the heads. And yea, she could be, due to her political position, but scripturaly speaking she would have to be 1 of 7 of such people with the same power or authority as her. and then one of the heads is wounded but recovers... which does fit. But honestly, thats about it. Im leaving soon, but ill read the other parts of revelation and be back. Trust me, in context, it doesnt quite make sense

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanyo
reply to post by thegoodearth

Me neither.. I think its kinda silly that people are jumping to that conclusion, but if this results in the "mark of the beast" (which happens a few verses after) well then I guess I was wrong

While this is going on, Obama is pushing for the Internet ID. Net neutrality has recently passed, and much more. Maybe in a few years we can expect this "mark of the beast" in the form of RIFD in order to leave our houses as DHS plans already show.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I do believe that if we do see a "mark of the beast" it would most likely be in the form of a national ID and RFID chips. And yeah. It seems the fore runners to that are being put jn place, I don't believe this is the crux that's going to set it in motion. I stand by what my other post says. Granted, most of you may not believe the bible. But if we are talking about prophecy we can't just pick pieces out, we need to look at in context

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
HAHA, I'm not saying that she is "the beast" in anyway. Just making an observation.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
A Miracle would be is the bullet stopped in mid air, and turned into a flower before it hit her.

However, I'm happy for her and her family that she's improving.

agree with you on that part wonderful comment star for ya

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I hope you all realize that this site is likely under heavy scrutiny now by all sorts of alphabet agencies and crazies as a result of recent publicity. Speculation of this nature could trigger some other delusional person to go after the poor woman to "save the world from the antichrist" or beast or whatever the heck it is.

Or it could get some unwanted attention from law enforcement worried conspiracy theorists might become the aforementioned delusional person. I am not trying to rain on the discussion...just saying watch what you say and how you say it. I know speculation is just business as usual for this forum and nobody means any harm, but I'm not so sure what perspective the new lurkers are bringing to the table.

Beyond the speculation, we know the congresswoman is a human being and the victim of a violent and senseless crime. And I wish her a full and speedy recovery, despite the odds.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Well I do not think drawing parallels between biblical passages is delusional. I think it is theory with absolutely no backing in fact. However, this is ATS and there is some fun in exploring all things whether they pan out in truth or not. The search for truth sometimes leads to dead ends. My personal belief is nobody should ever suffer the fate of those in the Arizona incident. The event was shocking and unwarranted. My opinion is that there should be more congress on your corner events throughout the USA just to show defiance. I wish more politicians did congress on your corner events, instead of bowing to lunatics with weapons. The danger in these events though is that there are always lunatics. "Bad things happen," as Obama put it. But the event alone should never stop us from thinking and speaking free speech or assembling in our towns.

<<   2 >>

join