It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Joke That Is Saddam's "Trial"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
First off, this is linked to a story by Robert Fisk, so if you're about to squawk about the name of the URL, it's because his articles at The Independent in the UK requires a paid subscription.

Fisk sheds light on the censorship and heavy-handedness that is going on in the totally sham trial of Saddam Hussein. A great read.

I am anxious to hear people opinions on this. Why not have a public trial and even (gasp!) give Hussein some legal council.

www.k1m.com...

US military tried to censor coverage of Saddam hearing
By Robert Fisk in Baghdad - 03 July 2004

A team of US military officers acted as censors over all coverage of the hearings of Saddam Hussein and his henchmen on Thursday, destroying videotape of Saddam in chains and deleting the entire recorded legal submissions of 11 senior members of his former regime.

An American network cameraman who demanded the return of his tapes, which contained audios of the hearings, said he was told by a US officer: "No. They belong to us now. And anyway, we don't trust you guys."

According to American journalists present at the 30-minute hearing of Saddam and 11 former ministers at Baghdad airport, an American admiral in civilian clothes told camera crews that the judge had demanded that there should be no sound recording of the initial hearing. He ordered crews to unplug their sound wires. Several of the six crews present pretended to obey the instruction. "We learnt later," one of them said, "that the judge didn't order us to turn off our sound. The Americans lied - it was they who wanted no sound. The judge wanted sound and pictures."

Initially, crews were told that a US Department of Defence camera crew would provide the sound for their silent tapes. But when CNN and CBS crews went to the former occupation authority headquarters - now the US embassy - they found that three US officers ordered the censorship of tape which showed Saddam being led into the courtroom with a chain round his waist which was connected to handcuffs round his wrists. The Americans gave no reason for this censorship.

"They were rude and they didn't care," another American television crew member said. "They were running the show. The Americans decided what the world could and could not see of this trial - and it was meant to be an Iraqi trial. There was a British official in the courtroom whom we were not allowed to take pictures of. The other men were US troops who had been ordered to wear ordinary clothes so that they were civilians' in the court."

Three US officers viewed the tapes taken by two CNN cameras, Al-Djezaira' (a local, American-funded Iraqi channel), and the US government. "Fortunately, they were lazy and they didn't check all the tapes properly so we got our audio' through in the satellite to London," one of the crew members told The Independent yesterday. "I had pretended to unplug the sound from the camera but the man who claimed he was a US admiral didn't understand cameras and we were able to record sound. The American censors at the embassy were inattentive - that's how we got the sound out."

The only thing the Americans managed to censor from most of the tapes was Saddam's comment that "this is theatre - Bush is the real criminal."

Welcome to 1984.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It is a joke. Saddam should have been "shot while attempting to escape". That would have made things so much smoother for all parties involved.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
They are covering it up because that isn't the real Saddam sitting on the stand!

Just another attempt to fool the masses.
You can bet that the real Saddam is living large at Club CIA sipping on a cold one with a bank account full of cash.

Thanks USA! Your'e the best!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Was Saddam kidding when he gassed over 100,000 Kurds? Was Saddam joking when he slaughtered tens of thousands of Shi'ites and buried them in mass graves? Were people rolling around on the floors laughing as Saddam ordered to have political dissidents dropped into shredders feet first so that he could hear their screams?

If Saddam's trial is a joke, I hope the punchline is his execution!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brian0U812
It is a joke. Saddam should have been "shot while attempting to escape". That would have made things so much smoother for all parties involved.

Hey, could still happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the guards to the courthouse "accidentally" let someone in with a gun and he shot Saddam. Of course, it's equally likely that Saddam will either escape or go free. What a farce.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Was Saddam kidding when he gassed over 100,000 Kurds? Was Saddam joking when he slaughtered tens of thousands of Shi'ites and buried them in mass graves? Were people rolling around on the floors laughing as Saddam ordered to have political dissidents dropped into shredders feet first so that he could hear their screams?

If Saddam's trial is a joke, I hope the punchline is his execution!!!

Any gassing was only done with chemicals provided by US and British companies! Don't overlook the Turks as they were responsible for the alleged killing of many of these Kurds. And what did the USA do, but turn a blind eye.

As for the mass graves....where are they??
The same BS was pulled in Kosovo when they claimed that there was mass genocide by Milosovic. Only, they didn't dig up any mass graves did they? Sure a few dead bodies were found here and there but nothing that the Western media puppets claimed and this surely did not justify the NATO goons from bombing the hell out of Yugoslavia.

Dropped into shredders feet first??
It sounds curiously familiar to what the US government pulled prior to their entry into WW1. Only I believe then they were telling the US people that the Germans were ripping babies' arms off. It worked as the US people slowly backed the involvement in the war but it didn't really happen. Can't you see what they are trying to do?

And as for the killing of people, you will find that the US has killed more people worldwide through their twisted foreign policy and covert operations than any supposed dictator from Iraq. Come on, give me a break.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Fisk is virulently anti war and anti US although his Iraqi coverage does make some good points (counter points?). As to the trial of Saddam, Iraq is not presently a free society and doesn't pretend to be, so of course the trial is a charade albeit a necessary one. (Did anyone think for a minute that Eichman had a chance at Nuremberg?)

The media and publicity hungry lawyers cannot be allowed to take over and dictate the course of this trial ala OJ or Scott Peterson. Whether or not the war was a good idea is moot. Saddam is now in custody and must be tried swiftly, fairly, then executed.

Controlling media access to the procedings ensures that the forces of instability have less fodder for the vast middle east propoganda machine, and Fisk still has a big bad USA story.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense

Originally posted by Brian0U812

Hey, could still happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the guards to the courthouse "accidentally" let someone in with a gun and he shot Saddam. Of course, it's equally likely that Saddam will either escape or go free. What a farce.

What a clever way to end it all.
This actor portraying Saddam is shot, they cremate him, end of story.
No more questions, no more problems, the war was justified, he had WMD's, move on.

Next stop....Iraq or Syria or.....

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Was Saddam kidding when he gassed over 100,000 Kurds?

First of all, about 5,000 were killed and 7,000 were wounded in the gas attack on Halabja on March 16,1988.

www.dozame.org...

100,000 is definitely an exaggeration, but perhaps you have documentation of other gas attacks?

Second of all, there is definitely doubt whether Saddam had anything to do with these gas attacks. There was a shooting war between Iran and Iraq going on in the area of Halabja at the time of the gas attacks.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Merovingian
Any gassing was only done with chemicals provided by US and British companies! Don't overlook the Turks as they were responsible for the alleged killing of many of these Kurds. And what did the USA do, but turn a blind eye.

Oh, I see, that makes it OK, even if your ridiculous statement is true?

The same BS was pulled in Kosovo when they claimed that there was mass genocide by Milosovic. Only, they didn't dig up any mass graves did they? Sure a few dead bodies were found here and there but nothing that the Western media puppets claimed and this surely did not justify the NATO goons from bombing the hell out of Yugoslavia.

Umm, didn't know we were talking about Kosovo, but what would you call this?

Oh, I suppose you are going to tell me that these are just fake that the mass media just photoshopped for our enjoyment. People like you make me sick to my stomach.

Here is another good picture for you to look at. Looks about the size of a five years old's shirt. I suppose you are next going to tell us it was US bombers that bombed a school, right?

Dropped into shredders feet first??
It sounds curiously familiar to what the US government pulled prior to their entry into WW1. Only I believe then they were telling the US people that the Germans were ripping babies' arms off. It worked as the US people slowly backed the involvement in the war but it didn't really happen. Can't you see what they are trying to do?

Again, I love how to change the topic from Saddam to WWI. Just pathetic

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nyarlathotep

Nice try!

I am not giving the thumbs up to the use of chemicals on anyone. What I am saying is that people are missing the point here. Without the weapons there is no gassing. By the way check into what the US has done with respect to chemical weapons, it might surprise you.

This might look like a few dozen bodies but not the "...tens of thousands..."
By the way, you don't know where the photo came of a little kid's t-shirt so forget about that one.

I wasn't changing the subject to WW1 but rather illustrating the similar propaganda techniques used in persuading public opinion, both in Iraq and WW1. They seem to have worked on your fascinating intellect.

Finally, inept attempts at personal insults don't carry much weight here in the real world and I suggest that you save them for somebody else.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Merovingian, I truly feel real sorry for you, I really do. Where was the personal insult towards you?

They have identified thousands of bodies, check with the Red Cross, they are the ones doing the exhumation of the bodies.

So are you saying Saddam didn't do any of this? I guess I am done with you because I feel like I am trying to tell a child why the sky is blue.

Here, why don't you watch this graphic torture video of what Saddam's regime WAS capable of, but not anymore now that he is incarcerated.

www.aei.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So, if I sell you a gun,and you use it to shoot somebody, I'm to blame? And be fair - don't forget to mention all the "Made in France" labels on Iraqi weapons.

A "few dead bodies were found here and there"? Tell me, what is the magic number that transforms simple murder into genocide? A nice round figure, please.

And as for the killing of people, you will find that the US has killed more people worldwide through their twisted foreign policy and covert operations than any supposed dictator from Iraq. Come on, give me a break.

The US has liberated more people than any other country on earth, also. Keep that in mind.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hey, Merovingian-

Even if they have a fake Saddam, why would the CIA keep the real one alive? He's a totally useless nonasset now. If that's not Saddam on trial, he was shot and buried months ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
Merovingian, I truly feel real sorry for you, I really do. Where was the personal insult towards you?

They have identified thousands of bodies, check with the Red Cross, they are the ones doing the exhumation of the bodies.

Well, keep it light people but your all doing a great job here.

I would have to throw in that I watched a news special where the Red Cross sent in Doctors to view the bodies and the graves. They were all identified as Kurds and they were gassed by mustard gas, which Saddam had in abundance and used on them.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Unfortunately it seems that I am fighting many battles here

I do not in any way accept the rhetoric which comes from the Red Cross, the World Health Organization or the UN. They are all outlets for the controlling globalists and their mandates of operation fall directly under the Rockefeller-IG Farben pharmaceutical-industrial cartel. While I can appreciate that some Kurdish folk lost their lives, can it be determined with absolute certainty that they weren't killed by the rival Turks or as collateral damage during the Iran - Iraq war? I don't think so. Furthermore, how many innocent men, women and children have died in Iraq since the implementation in the early/mid 90's of the illegal sanctions spearheaded by the US?? Far more than any gassing I would say.

Did the US ever use mustard gas in Laos when they were fighting the Vietnam war??

I don't consider the overthrow of a legitimately elected government (numerous countries can be used as examples) and the institution of a US friendly puppet regime as "liberation". To call the US interference in countries around the world as "liberation" is way off the mark, in my opinion. This term is just what the US government and foreign policy makers call it. Not a gargabe man but a 'sanitary engineer"

Why would they keep Saddam alive? I am not sure. Maybe Esoterica is right in that the real Saddam was killed or disposed of. Somehow though, I don't think so. My opinion is that there was a deal made between the US, Russia and Saddam to effectively hand over his country to the Anglo-American oil companies and their 'for hire' military. Make it look like a real nasty war, blah, blah, blah. Why is it though that since they allegedly captured Saddam to the present time, we had not seen any other video footage or anything else for that matter except for the staged medical examination video that they constantly replay?? Just curious, and once again...my opinion.

With all of the crap that is going on since 911 I have to ask myself..."Who gains" Who gains from this phony war on terror? Who gains from the implementation of the Patriot Act and the ever increasing police state growing within the US borders? Who gains from free trade? Who gains from globalization? Who gains by manipulation of the media?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Why would they keep Saddam alive? I am not sure. Maybe Esoterica is right in that the real Saddam was killed or disposed of. Somehow though, I don't think so. My opinion is that there was a deal made between the US, Russia and Saddam to effectively hand over his country to the Anglo-American oil companies and their 'for hire' military. Make it look like a real nasty war, blah, blah, blah. Why is it though that since they allegedly captured Saddam to the present time, we had not seen any other video footage or anything else for that matter except for the staged medical examination video that they constantly replay?? Just curious, and once again...my opinion.

What deal was that? Steamroll his nation's military?

Think about it for a second. The US & Co have absolutely nothing to gain at this point (this point being the past few years) from making a deal with Saddam. We have shown that we are well capable of taking what we want by force. Why make a deal with a nonasset when you can just kill him and make it easier on everybody?

You're making things much too complicated. Once you think of a conspiracy, you need to think of who will benefit from it. The West had nothing to gain from 'staging' a war and everything to lose if word of such a deal got out. The only one who'd come out of top would be Saddam, who would be a free man.

No, Saddam is on trial, and he'll be executed in the kangaroo system that apsses as law in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I do not in any way accept the rhetoric which comes from the Red Cross, the World Health Organization or the UN. They are all outlets for the controlling globalists and their mandates of operation fall directly under the Rockefeller-IG Farben pharmaceutical-industrial cartel.

What will you accept as proof then? Red Cross rhetoric? I think someone has been reading too many spy novels

While I can appreciate that some Kurdish folk lost their lives, can it be determined with absolute certainty that they weren't killed by the rival Turks or as collateral damage during the Iran - Iraq war? I don't think so. Furthermore, how many innocent men, women and children have died in Iraq since the implementation in the early/mid 90's of the illegal sanctions spearheaded by the US?? Far more than any gassing I would say.

Can you say that with absolute certainty? I don't think so (just using your approach there)

I can understand you having your opinion, but how are we to accept your opinion when I at least provide links that contradict it? You don't provide any link or news story or anything to back up such outlandish comments.

BTW, if you felt that I personally insulted you, then I apologize for that. You are correct about that not doing any good around here.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Saddam will get a fair trial and then he will get executed. Just the way it ought to be.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
Saddam will get a fair trial and then he will get executed. Just the way it ought to be.

Nah, he won't get a fair trial. He's a dead man walking.

Not that I feel bad, just sayin'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join