It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

34,000-Year-Old Organisms Found Buried Alive!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by the cynic jester
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Any chance you have more information on the pterosaur story. This whole vein of information is astounding but to think a dinosaur came back to life, even for a moment, after being encased in coal for what was surely millions of years, is nothing short of mind-blowing.

I don't have those books with me in my current city, but I've read the story in a few different publishings. Indeed, it was a very interesting story.

I know that it is covered in Reader's Digest's "Mysteries of the Unexplained" (published in the early 80s, I think).

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Nice post, I like the info, the Thing is a killer movie.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I also would like to know more on this story. If you ever find anything on it please let me know.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
www.morticom.com...

This is very interesting
has to do with alot of things coming back to life

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is an incredible finding!

Thanks for posting!

I see comments from some microbiologists or students of microbial life here.

I hope they can delve further into this unique find.

These are the kinds of findings that can further our understanding of life and the implications for its survival in relatively hostile environments.

I envision a scenario that would potentially use this "survival mechanism" to transport life or our DNA to the outer reaches of our Galaxy.

Sounds outlandish now, but this is just the type of thing that moves us closer to ensuring our survival, as a species, off of this doomed rock we call Earth.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Zeptepi because: to add (As A species )

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
We need to inject ourselves with their DNA so we can survive 30,000 years.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
34,000 years? what say the creationist new earth believers on ATS?

Hello ... obviously God put them there 6,000 years ago when they were 328,000 years old - you know, like the dinosaur bones he put everywhere. Duh.

Either that or he pre-aged them and put them there a couple of years ago just to fool with us.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

Originally posted by Crutchley29
34,000 years? what say the creationist new earth believers on ATS?

Hello ... obviously God put them there 6,000 years ago when they were 328,000 years old - you know, like the dinosaur bones he put everywhere. Duh.

Either that or he pre-aged them and put them there a couple of years ago just to fool with us.

Of course, I think I heard something about that happening in a micro course I took in 2nd year

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

Umm yes it doesnt deter creationsits...where does it say in the actual original unaltered bible/koran/torah taht the earth is 6000 solar years old, with a year being 365 earth days.

where does it say that, it is corrupted incomeptent ignorant men who see thigns they way they do.

The koran or bible does not say the earth is 6000 years old, its ignorant preachers and ignorant masses who follow altered works.

Show me in the original unaltered gospels this 6000 years.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

C'mon man, this is not a religous thread. Maybe you need to open your eyes a little. You go calling everybody ignorant but you obviously believe in "faith", you ask everyone for proof!!! Where is your proof of who originally written the bible? Don't give me the edited versions either.
This is a story of life that is proven, it's there, its living. Please go take your gospel somewhere else.

edit on 15-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

P.S. I did not want to make this a religous thread. There is other threads for that. I am in no way trying to offend people here. I wanted to make a statement to the above poster.

If I misunderstood your reply, then I apologize, I was upset over the way this thread was going.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I love stuff like this, shows how much humanity really has to learn, and how much we actually don't know even with all of our scientists, there is still tons out there to find!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I didnt make this into a religious thread. See the member who I was replying to who was talking about creationsism. I know all about proof. I have a background in physics, I am well versed in science.

I never asked for proof, and if I did I could ask you what existed before the universe? Can you prove it. Do you have a video tape of the universe being born, see there are different levels of proof. I know how the universe was born via the big bang. The one who initiated the big bang was God.

If you wanted to reply to my post you should do so by answering the question I posed first.
edit on 15-1-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I apologize, I was upset and misunderstood your post. I should have replied to the other above poster. Thank you for commenting and I respect your background.
I did not want this thread derailed by the creationist's or religous views.
I appreciate all of the comments and look forward to more discoveries in the microbiology field.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by splint
We need to inject ourselves with their DNA so we can survive 30,000 years.

If only such a thing could work! Unfortunately, it most definitely cannot. The best we can do is try an understand how it is able to maintain and conserved its DNA in the hope we may be able to design ways to promote a similar upkeep in our own cells. If such a thing does ever happen, it's a very long way from coming to fruition.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

There is an update to your story here

Apparently they are reproducing

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

There is an update to your story here

Apparently they are reproducing

Yes, I've been keeping up with the paper. It's all very exciting for microbiologists. I personally would love to see what sort of novel compounds they might possess so I can have a go at synthesising them and seeing what they can do. But that's the chemist in me speaking again ^.^

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Ahh, touche! I'm all for spirituality, don't get me wrong. It's just that's all I've heard from die-hard christians is that the world is only 5, 6 thousand years old.

Also I should say that I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic schools, so I'm not an aetheist trying to bring faithful people down. Though I am an Agnostic now. And also I was taking the piss.

Also, where would one get their grubby mitts on an unaltered gospel? That would undoubtedly be priceless yes?
edit on 21-1-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Wondering what I sould ask my bookstore clerk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join