It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Organization Is Formed to Promote Public Banking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The author of Web of Debt, Ellen Brown, is associated with a new non-profit organization called the Public Banking Institute. Public banking (state-owned banks) is the solution to the financial crisis, in my opinion. I am thrilled that this organization has been formed to try to get public banks established in the United States.

I see on the State Info page of their website that in my state, Virginia, there is a bill to study whether to establish a state bank that was tabled. There are a total of thirteen states on this page. I hope to see all fifty states represented. As an aside, it's fun to look at the state flags! I was amazed to see the British flag on Hawaii's state flag.

Anyway, I think this is very encouraging!!
Nice to focus on a solution rather than a problem.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I am thrilled to see that this organization has a YouTube channel:

edit on 01/28/11 by Mary Rose because: Make a correction in content.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The Public Banking Institute was represented on this panel discussion called "The Future of Money" on local TV in Santa Cruz, California. I love listening to ordinary people talking about what we need to do to rescue ourselves from the financial mess we're in:

The Future of Money

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Here is the website of the New Earth Exchange mentioned during the panel discussion: New Earth Exchange

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ellen Brown and the Public Banking Institute are mentioned in this great new YouTube video from the channel for a local radio broadcast called "In Context." The video is on the general subject of public banking and how it works:

"In Context TV: An Introduction to State Owned Banks"

I think the hosts do a great job of explaining the nuts and bolts of public banking.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Maybe there is a God?

S&F, this is really relieving news.=)

top topics

join