It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This has never happened before, in 82 years of history

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Ahhh but you seem to forget that you may see those 99 icebergs above the surface, but all it takes is that one under the surface to sink the ship....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Vitchilo

Threads like this one terrify me.

Don't let it terrify you...threads like this never end up coming true. Thats fact.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by pimpinette

Sell it all off.

Buy seeds, tools, antibiotics and ammunition (even if you don't own a gun).

us healers will be in high demand!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Don't let it terrify you...threads like this never end up coming true. Thats fact.

I hope you aren't jinxing us all.

That would suck.

Knock on wood, everybody.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Thank you.
Don't you all get sick of planning for the end of the world? That kinda got old back in 1999.... The world isn't going to end. If the stock market crashes, sure we'll have some rough times. But guess what, we survived the great depression once, why can't we do it again? It's not like you're going to wake up one morning and everything is gone, and everyone is dead. It doesn't happen that fast. No matter what happens with the economy, we are all still here, still alive. We will just find a different way to live. Maybe a new currency, maybe a resource based economy. Who knows. But to start planning to live out in the sticks, and expecting everyone to go free for all, good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

Thank you.
Don't you all get sick of planning for the end of the world? That kinda got old back in 1999.... The world isn't going to end. If the stock market crashes, sure we'll have some rough times. But guess what, we survived the great depression once, why can't we do it again? It's not like you're going to wake up one morning and everything is gone, and everyone is dead. It doesn't happen that fast. No matter what happens with the economy, we are all still here, still alive. We will just find a different way to live. Maybe a new currency, maybe a resource based economy. Who knows. But to start planning to live out in the sticks, and expecting everyone to go free for all, good luck with that.

In 1929 there weren't 311,000,000 paniking.

It's better not to worry about stuff like this but there's nothing wrong with being prepared.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is the Titanic folks and the band plays on...The song is called the Last waltze.

The day the Dollar died.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get out of the stock markets, cash in your 401k's (or whats left of them) as the rats are abandoning ship, don't be left holding the mast.

Good Luck and God Speed.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Mythkiller because: After thought

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Here's a question from someone who doesn't get all this stock market, short selling etc.

People are selling stocks like never before - now to me the fact they are selling like never before means logically someone must be buying? You can't sell something unless someone else is buying, otherwise you are just giving it away.

So the question I have is if this is the biggest "sell off" then flip that round and it must also be the biggest buy up?

Maybe someone will explain it all in basic terms for me because I always found this whole stock market thing a load of b******s

Thanks

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

People are selling stocks like never before - now to me the fact they are selling like never before means logically someone must be buying? You can't sell something unless someone else is buying, otherwise you are just giving it away.

Those selling are INSIDERS.... those buying are the RETARDS SHEEPLE believing the MSM, Obama and Bernanke.

All those people are gonna get their pension fund raped when it all comes down, the MSM will say ``nobody could have predicted it`` and the sheeple will take it up the butt, loving it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Those selling are INSIDERS.... those buying are the RETARDS SHEEPLE believing the MSM, Obama and Bernanke.

You are taking reports (short selling) here and there and trying to make it one grand conspiracy. For every seller expecting the stock to fall there must be a buyer expecting the stock to rise. To make a profit you must cover your short (buy back) at a lower price than what you sold at. Unless you are talking about a stock market on a different planet, our has been going up for almost two years.

But one fact you never hear anything about are dividends. If you sell a stock short, you are responsible to pay all the dividends to the buyer out of your own pocket to the buyer. This means you must cover your short position in short order (pun) or cough up a good chunk of change.

So if you take a rising stock market and paying dividends just how well are the shorts doing? For the past two years the only ‘RETARDS’ have been the bears. Go ahead and sell short, I need the dividend.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
No individual bubble is powerful enough on it's own to collapse the entire system as the way it is setup it is way too complex and more spider web like whereas if one link is severed the rest of the links can compensate for the loss effectively taking up the slack while placing a higher load on the link itself.

You would have to have the like 6 largest bubbles collapse within a very short amount of time (In real time like less then a couple of months at most) effectively knocking the entire system down with little effort because if it is spaced too far away from one another by nothing more then mere weeks could decree the single collapse recoverable before the second collapse even starts. A collapse a year gives way too much time for the system to recover and reshift to compensate for the loss. Collapse and tank 2 items in a week then watch chaos ensue.

Housing, Mortages, banking/lending/credit, manufacturing, tech, retail are the 6 largest bubbles in the US and the world right now.

edit on 14-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It seems like we should owe some amount of physical gold and silver. Where should I get gold and silver from? online? local jewelry store? I also heard that if you get silver from the bank, you might end up on the "blacklist".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join