It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Premature End of Polar Night in Greenland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Premature End of Polar Night in Greenland

hisz.rsoe.hu

[This article translated by Google.]

Beyond the Arctic Circle, can find the time needed for day and night depending on latitude up to half a year, the sunrise something very special - even more so when the always joyfully anticipated event is just around two days early is taking place. According to the KNR Radio Greenland, the sun was in West Greenland Ilulissat on Tuesday (11.1.) at exactly 12:56:57 Clock. Normally the sun goes there until 13 January for the first time after the polar night again. Inhabitants of the third-largest city with 4,500 inhabitants of Greenland, made because of th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am not well versed Polar Night, and this translation isn't the best - but my suspicion is that this is another sign of the pole shift.

Perhaps there's someone here on ATS who can share knowledge as to this occurrence. Anyone in Greenland?

As this is another sign of the times I also deliver to you Yahweh's message concerning all of the natural disasters and happening we are all witnessing in the world:

The state of the world will continue to worsen as Yahweh, our God and Creator pours out His wrath upon mankind leading up to Armageddon. It is His will that you all know exactly where it is coming from.

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Agreed.

This is what is too come. Perhaps WORSE.

This was written 13 days ago.

ATS Thread

Open minds, and you really DO need to read it all to make sense of it, please do not read 2 pages then jump to the end and make a stupid post.

That helps no-one.

Thanks for the Thread OP.

Right on the money.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Hey there!!

We have a conversation going on over in the Fragil Earth forum if you would like to join us.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Been trying to find other sources for this and can't. If you run across any, please post them.

OiO

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Can't see how a pole shift would effect the polar sunrise , But hears a random thought for you what if the pole hasn't moved but the crust has (that would give the impression the magnetic pole has changed and would also explain the early polar sunrise ) just a thought and have no hard evidence to back it

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Totally my bad for not searching beforehand - I assumed it was new as it just appeared on the RSOE this morning. Thank you for the link!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So the sun came up sooner because a god was throwing a temper tantrum?

People are dying in quakes and the like, because a god is having a temper tantrum?

Glad I don't subscribe to that god, reminds me of an ex-poster here...

Anyway, I hope it isn't anything to worry about. Since I don't crave for the "end times" I try to connect the events to something average.

If it is the end times, you can all sit up in heaven and laugh at me burning in hell. After all, I will be getting what I deserve...right?

(Seriously, using this to promote a belief? That god is so angry, main reason I stopped listening to it.)

And what is with the "prediction" spam? This is the 4th thread I have seen where that poster tries to say that their predictions somehow predicted this. I didn't see on that list where you said the sun was going to rise early. When the 24th passes are you going to quit spamming/de-railing?

Lastly, has this ever happened before? I know I am going to go check, let's hope this is a first time...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
I am not well versed Polar Night, and this translation isn't the best - but my suspicion is that this is another sign of the pole shift.

Length of day/night is related to the tilt of the Earth's axis (23 1/2 degrees) and the position of the Earth, relative to the Sun. It has nothing to do with the magnetic pole. If the phenomenon being described is due to an actual change in the length of daytime, it would either mean a change in orbital velocity or a change in the degree to which the planet's axis is tilting, either of which would be instantly noticeable and verifiable (because other objects in the sky wouldn't be where they should be.) Never mind the likely cataclysmic results from either thing happening.

See Daytime for more info.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Types of polar night

Polar night on Nordkinn Peninsula, the northernmost peninsula in mainland Europe
Since there are various kinds of twilight, there are also various kinds of polar night.

The civil polar night is the period during which there is only a faint glow of light visible at midday.

The nautical polar night is the period that no trace of light can be seen anywhere but the sky is not completely dark at midday.

Finally, the astronomical polar night is the period of continuous night where no astronomical twilight occurs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Alright, my computer is acting up so this post will be semi short.

Which night was ended? Some snippits from the article:

Inhabitants of the third-largest city with 4,500 inhabitants of Greenland, made because of the early sun appeared worried.

Well we have "sun" mentioned, which leads me to believe it was the end of the first listed "polar night". (IE the sun is now rising in the sky)

"Here in the place the sun comes up until 13 January. There will not be the right one or the other," quoted the Greenlandic radio KNR Holger Sivertsen, a 74-year-old local

Not exactly a "professional" opinion. (LOL in my opinion, like I am professional...right? (I'm not
))

Still, I don't need to be professional to ask for a professional.

Scientists rule out that the observation could have geophysical or astronomical reasons. "In the constellation of the stars has not changed, "said Wolfgang Lenhardt, head of the geophysics department at the Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics (ZAMG)

Well there is an answer, isn't a "Pole shift" geophysical? And this guy is saying it isn't one of those, because:

"Since even an outcry would have gone around the world."

AND

The data of Earth's axis and Earth's rotation in question were constantly and meticulously monitored. Thomas Posch from the Institute for Astronomy at the University of Vienna completed astronomical reasons for the premature end of the polar night also made.

So, I think I am going to have to wait to see more data.

Until then, I am going to side with the fellow that suggests:

He suggests that the observation is due to a change in the local horizon. An accelerated by the melting of the Greenland ice sheet-related lower horizon earlier than previously allowed a glimpse of the sun appears, as "by far the most obvious"explanation.

All from the source in the OP:
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Thread posted yesterday. Please consolidate so we get all the news about this event in one thread.
This may be very monumental.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Actually, after reading that thread I am going to step out of this discussion.

I didn't realize it was a "magic only" topic, if I had I never would have posted!

I disagree with everything I posted before this post. I am wrong, it is the Earth spinning around (or whatever magic is causing it.)

Too early in the morning to "play".

Seriously--I still say it is not magic. Or the effect (affect?) would be more widespread. I will wait for more data, and if it is the end of the world...well knowing now or later doesn't seem to matter (to me).

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Really?
Did you not get the part about the fact the horizon is lowering on geenlaand relative to where the sun was first observed?
(This means that ice cap melting has dropped the surrounding hills to where the sun now apears early there.
The second explanation, and also a good guess is that the air, carrying ice chystals, produced a mirage of the sun, which was actually a degree or two below the horizon yet.....
Nothing about any actual pole shift. all checks out as normal....
Give that stuff a break, sometimes its just the way things are, and not the endtimes comming to get us....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Length of day/night is related to the tilt of the Earth's axis (23 1/2 degrees) and the position of the Earth, relative to the Sun. It has nothing to do with the magnetic pole. If the phenomenon being described is due to an actual change in the length of daytime, it would either mean a change in orbital velocity or a change in the degree to which the planet's axis is tilting, either of which would be instantly noticeable and verifiable (because other objects in the sky wouldn't be where they should be.) Never mind the likely cataclysmic results from either thing happening.

I am starting to wonder if this caused is done by a second sun? like nibiru? for example in the Arctic the light shines brighter then the normal usual been in darkness, and yet they have the guts to blame it on the global warming?
Oh please what an a childish claim.

If the light shining in the high Arctic is caused by the global warming cant they prove it? because all they are doing is speculating look here.

Wayne Davidson, a weather researcher in Resolute Bay, said warmer thermal layers over cold dense polar air cause light to bend and travel farther. "If there's a huge contrast between colder and warmer air, there's longer travel of light from any locations," he said. Read more: www.cbc.ca...

"Refraction makes light travel," he said.

So its due to refraction which made the light of sun to travel? hm but then again you ask the people who live there

"Twenty years ago, we wouldn't even be able to see the whole village, in high noon, which is only nine kilometres, but now we get to see some daylight," Akeeagok said. Read more: www.cbc.ca...

apparently 20 years it was pretty dark and they couldn't see any daylight from the sun, they can see the sun coming down, but no light from the sun, so again how does refraction of lights come into this?

Maybe the scientists there know something we don't know maybe they don't, but i will say this the current data on earth axis is flawed who knows maybe someone is playing with the data of weather and the earths axis positions.

That's what i think it might be happening, i think there is a cover up going on.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by aoi3610
Agreed.

This is what is too come. Perhaps WORSE.

This was written 13 days ago.

ATS Thread

Open minds, and you really DO need to read it all to make sense of it, please do not read 2 pages then jump to the end and make a stupid post.

That helps no-one.

Thanks for the Thread OP.

Right on the money.

You have 51 pages. Can you be more specific?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by adjensen

I am starting to wonder if this caused is done by a second sun? like nibiru? for example in the Arctic the light shines brighter then the normal usual been in darkness, and yet they have the guts to blame it on the global warming?
Oh please what an a childish claim.

Well, it seems counter intuitive, but it makes more sense than a change in the orbital velocity, tilt in the axis, or a second sun. The lack of observations that support any of them aside, all three of those would impact everyone, not just one city in one place.

I think that what they are saying is that the horizon where the sun comes up in that region is not the ground, but a glacier. If the glacier melts, the horizon goes down, so the sun will come up sooner.

If everybody experienced this, one would look for a global cause, like a second sun. But if it is localized, one needs to look for a localized cause, and a glacier melting, which results in a lower horizon, would certainly account for it. Take "global warming" out of the equation, if you like -- a person with an ice hammer, determination and enough time could do the same thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In Hammerfest, Norway the polar night will end 20. jan, 11:12 local time

source
edit on 13-1-2011 by nakiel because: missed a space

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Several things need to be looked at in order to show evidence that the earth is, in fact, changing its polar axis with respect to the sun: 1. Last winter Alaskans, including the Intuits, reported that the sun "came back early" this year. 2. This summer someone reported from the South Pole science station that they were having 5 hours of daylight when it should still be completely dark. 3. Now this report from Scotland that the sun is tracking across the sky in an abnormal path. 4. Here, on the ATS web-site is a report from Greenland about sun anomalies and the rapidly melting glaciers. What can be the common denominator that will explain these events if not the fact that our world's polar axis is changing with respect to the sun. Normally the polar axis is inclined by 23.4 degrees from the polar axis of the sun. That must be changing to explain the anomolies listed here from 1 thru 4. So, what celestial force could be large enough to move the earth's orientation in this manner? These two links will give you a good idea of what is happening and why: www.scribd.com... www.unleavenedbreadministries.org...
The planet Saturn has already been massively influenced by these two astronomical objects Elenin and Nibiru. Saturn is a gas giant with a huge magnetosphere that has been torqued out of its normal polar axis alignment with respect to the sun. Our world, the Earth, is much smaller and very dense compared to Saturn and is reacting more slowly to the influence of Elenin and Nibiru, but it is reacting.
So why don't we hear something from our respective governments? The coming problems are too large for governments to solve. A few decade ago the decision was made to keep all of this a secret. Governments have known this was going to happen at least since 1983 when the first Infrared Telescope (IRAS) was launched into orbit by the United States. Since then most 1st world governments have been busy building underground facilities in order to survive and reestablish control after the worst is over. Russia is probably close to finishing its 25 square mile underground facility that is planned to house 600,000 people. Recently, the USA FAA declared about 40 new no-fly zones in the United States. They are manning and stocking their many underground facilities and don't want any witnesses. In the U.S., Homeland Security has announced a crash buying spree of 1 Billion dollars worth of survival food and supplies. Manufacturers are given no choice but to sell only to the government according to government rules. A few years ago the British and Spanish royal families established compounds in the New Zealand highlands. Bill Gates also has a compound in that area. If you want to prove this is true for yourself then locate the North Star, if you can, early in the evening and establish a line-of-sight. The peak of a roof from the proper location on the ground will do. Get up before daylight the next morning and check your alignment again. If the North Star has not moved, the polar axis will not have moved at all. If there is a change in the location of the North Star from the evening before, that is proof the axial tilt of our world is in the process of changing. This is simple common sense physics. Why haven't prominent and independent scientists raised this issue? Besides the fact that most scientists are basically "mechanics" at what they do, they are greatly influenced by a herd mentality and are very afraid of critisizm from their peers. Also most scientists are not theoretitions who take seemingly unrelated facts and put them together where the whole picture makes sense. Also most news agencies are controlled by the government. I am not a scientist but I have a good grasp on fundamental physics and what I have described here has been proved by the actions of our governments by their massive preparations for the coming events. If you don't believe any of this, believe me when I tell you that thegovernments of the world believe every bit of it and are making the appropriate preparations. Why are they doing this? They don't want your competition for the available survival foods and supplies. They can't save the majority of their people but they can save themselves.
So what's the worse-case scenario? As more and more of the North and South Poles are exposed to the sun, massive melting of the polar ice-caps will occur. The very old theoretically question of "What would happen if all the ice melted in the polar regions?" now becomes not so theoretical. The answer then and now is; "The ocean levels will rise about 200 feet around the world". Maybe you can understand why governments want to keep this a secret to avoid a panic while they're stocking up on food and supplies?
So, what other evidence is there that this is going to happen? The presence of Elenin passing between our world and the sun around 17 September of this year will kick off several massive earthquakes. When that happens, seriously consider that all of this that I have described is also true.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Oh noes is niburu, run for the hills.
ps. dont forgt your b.o.b

new topics

top topics

join