It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder: Our Enemy is China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Wikileaks Founder: Our Enemy is China

blogs.wsj.com

Wikileaks may have targeted the US with its ongoing releases of sensitive State Department documents, but China is its real “technological enemy,” according to founder Julian Assange.

“China has aggressive and sophisticated technology that places itself between every reader inside China and every information source outside China,”

The aim for those who cherish openness and justice, Assange continues, should be to leverage leaks to reduce “conspiratorial power” to “zero.”

For the Chinese government, which considers “dissemination of state secrets” a grave crime, t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well I agree with Assange, not necessarily for the exact same reasons, but yes China is an enemy.

We are fighting the wrong enemies while having China as our bank and owning a monopoly on exported goods, and we are arming the Saudis to the teeth. We are scared of islamic extremism so we give the largest weapons deals to the most extreme family owned dictactorial theocracy?

Doesn't make much sense does it?
Unless you are the one having a massive bank account of course.

Everything is upside down

Mao Tse-tung loved history, especially chinese history
He used to read about the dynasties quite often
He probably wanted to create his own dynasty and perhaps the legacy continues.

Some say Rome never fell, perhaps this is correct
However with how powerful China is, perhaps the real truth is maybe the Mao Dynasty never fell, and we didn't even know it existed.

Are the powerful people really the ones in the trenches? The pawns, the foot soldiers?
The one's in the line of fire?
Or perhaps is it the country that puts it's feet up while subsidizing, through high-interest loans, wars in every corner of the world?

Food for thought.

blogs.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-1-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"Our Enemy is China" Is taken quite seriously out of context.

This article seems to follow the usual lines of media reports on wikileaks & Mr Assange, where they call him an Australian Hacker etc
But from what I read of Julian Assange's comments they seem logical & repeat the views shared by most of us in the western world regarding China & their control of information (especially the internet)

To note he never once said what's in the title, that Our Enemy Is China, what he said was..

China was the main technological enemy of WikiLeaks, not the United States.

edit on 13-1-2011 by JustCurious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I find the whole interplay quite interesting.. a 3 way economic war seems to be going on (US, Europe, China) and I've never understood why Assange sort refuge here (UK) since we are (by most opinions) a lapdog/poodle, with a lopsided extradition process that favours the USA. So I really do find what he saying interesting.. but up here on my fence i am still unsure where he really sits in all this, or if he is simply a loose canon.

IMHO.. the whole world is upside down and back to front, so what do I know really, nothing..

edit on 13/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: spelling and to move a bracket

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
thank you wikileaks for telling us yet another thing we already knew.

what would we do without you

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The title, it seems to me, is deliberately misleading - the WP clearly has an agenda here, it's blatant disinfo and mind manipulation.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Up till now had respect for assange and what wikileaks was trying to accomplish.. But with that statement he demonstrates the typical western igorance and bias.. Hint mr. assange the u.s is the biggest threat the world faces..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Whether or not Assange said it directly or even if he said it, or what the motives here are, which are definitely ld be fodder for many fascinating moments of thought, given many personal and business dealings and experiences in said area and what I know of geopolitics and the culture and subculture, which albeit isn't much but might be on a different level than most, I can't disagree with that statement too strenuously. Beware the sleeping dragon.
edit on 1/13/2011 by ~Lucidity because: typoed

top topics

join