It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the notion of conspiracy is the only conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We love conspiracy theories in ATS, and for that reason I'm going to post one I was just thinking about.

What if the conspiracy is the conspiracy?

It's quite possible that the only conspiracy we're facing in the world is "idea of conspiracies". Let me explain. A few of the commong "world plot theories" include: Aliens, Satanic Worship, NWO, Bilderburgers, Skull & Bones, etc. They have been jamming notions that the worlds elite are in cahoots with Aliens, Satan, or simply to powerful to be taken down, and we eat it up, exploring all of these avenues.

What if their only power is to get us to believe that they have other-wordly power? How can a measly human being like me or you defeat such a power like Satan, or Aliens? Each time there is any type of world event, it's almost like us at ATS are trained to instantly believe it's a conspiracy. Bird deaths? HAARP. Strange object sighted in the sky? Aliens. Congresswoman shot? CIA Operative. See where I'm going?

Pretty soon you have a nation of people thinking they couldn't possibly change a thing in the system since the powers that run it are aligned with powers FAR greater than us.

Think for a second. Before the huge sci-fi movie boom of the 50's no one even considered aliens. Now we've seen so many news reports, so many movies, and so many "conspiracies" involving them that it's hard not to believe they exist. But do they? We don't know. All we know is Hollywood and some of the richest people in the world love to push it down our throats.

Whether you like to face the facts or not, media has shaped us all into who we are, and what we believe. Lets say you take 2 people from medieval times, showed one of them numerous movies about aliens from birth, and the other just lived their life normally for the time. What would happen to the one who lived his normal life? He wouldn't have a clue about the possibility of aliens, because he's never seen or experienced them, or knew anyone who has. What about if you asked the one who was watching alien movies and news reports? He would tell you all about them, where he thinks they are from, how real they are, etc etc. See what I am getting at?

Now lets say you give the one who watched the movies a place where he and others who have also seen them a place to discuss amongst themselves. They will form theories together. The more they discuss the more they can fit every event into their belief structure. Pretty soon you have a group of people who, according to them, KNOW why each and every event is happening, and where it is all leading to. What this group doesn't realize is that their "free-will" of thinking has actually been manufactured that way, by the media they are consuming.

This is ATS. We are rehashing ideas that have been TOLD to us in some form or another. We are fitting the worlds events into our conspiracy paradigm. We are ignoring the bigger picture, and choose to instead snack on and pick apart the latest CNN headline. Everyone should take a step out of the conspiracy bubble for a bit and look around. Experience life. Experience the world. Take all media with a grain of salt. Re-evalutue your own beliefs and ask "how did my beliefs get here".

Anyways, thanks for reading and I'll end this now before I start rambling even more.

TL;DR: The government uses the thoughts of conspiracies, aliens, and satanism to make the common-folk believe that the government is much more powerful than (the human beings) they are.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I wish the only threat we had coming was the idea of conspiracy i'm shore alot of the conspiracys out there might be a load of B.S but when you dig aroubd its obvious there are sinister forces at work behind the senes

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDofENGLAND
I wish the only threat we had coming was the idea of conspiracy i'm shore alot of the conspiracys out there might be a load of B.S but when you dig aroubd its obvious there are sinister forces at work behind the senes

What I'm trying to say is that no conspiracy is BS. All of them have a place and a meaning. Let's take Satanism for an example. When the worlds elite gather in Bohemian Grove to perform a ritual with Moloch, is it fake? No. Of course not. We've all seen the video.

Are they actually conjuring demons, spirits, and collecting other dimensional power by performing the ritual? Who knows. Maybe. Maybe not.

Does seeing the video make those who've seen it go "Woah. This is some messed up, Satanic # happening here. I can't believe these are some of the most influential people in the world here. What is going on?" Absolutely.

So in a kind of a catch-22 way, does seeing the video have the effect that they originally wanted on you, regardless of if literal demons were conjured? I think so.

This is what I mean by the conspiracy being the conspiracy. The fact that they are creating a conspiracy is enough to bend the will of others to think of them differently.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sh1fty

I can sort of see where your coming from I always had suspicions on the bohemian groove one it came from alex jones im not certain about him yet and also have difficulty believing if that is the elite how he could of infiltrated such a group in such a compromising situation.

edit on 13-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: edit

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDofENGLAND
reply to post by sh1fty

I can sort of see where your coming from I always had suspicions on the bohemian groove one it came from alex jones im not certain about him yet and also have difficulty believing if that is the elite how he could of infiltrated such a group in such a compromising situation.

edit on 13-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: edit

I think this is because they want you to listen to him. They want you to be scared of them. It's not merely about having secrets, it's about showing the public you have secrets. If Alex Jones was really a revolutionary, and they didn't want him around, do you really think he would be? Same with Coast to Coast AM. Same with History Channel becoming the UFOs/Myth/Ghost channel.

These all exist to further the thought of conspiracy in my opinion. A perfect platform to mix truth with lies, so that it becomes incredibly convoluted, and diverts the public in every which way.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If conspiracies are just that...

...Our world leadership must then be filled with a whole bunch of clueless, impotent morons. If the things (just on the Gov't scene) are happening serendipitously then they REALLY need to get it together, or get out. If there wasn't a conspiracy behind it then much of what they do is clearly random legislative flailing.
IMO it is not, there's a method behind the madness in Washington that conspiracies all too often tie together.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
If conspiracies are just that...

...Our world leadership must then be filled with a whole bunch of clueless, impotent morons. If the things (just on the Gov't scene) are happening serendipitously then they REALLY need to get it together, or get out. If there wasn't a conspiracy behind it then much of what they do is clearly random legislative flailing.
IMO it is not, there's a method behind the madness in Washington that conspiracies all too often tie together.

I guess I'm not making myself clear. I believe, like most of you, that there are powerful people, who are all connected together, who are running the world behind curtains.

I'm simply saying they have created a "world" for us to believe that they are much more powerful than mere humans.

They are not connected to Aliens, Satan, or anything like that. The entire point of their ceremonies, symbols, etc is to make you think they are.

new topics

top topics

join